What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Amentep

Finished JULIA, that reveal was so obvious for so long I'm not sure how the PC didn't notice it.  Not a bad game overall, I guess I have low standards but found it serviceable, or maybe Moment of Silence lowered the bar too much in my mind recently, hah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And did a successful Everspace run again. I complete it for the first time and suddenly get two more in a row right after.

Maybe this is because I switched to third person camera. Or because I'm abusing Time Extenders. Or both.

The third possibility is it's just not that hard on Normal and I only had bad luck for why I didn't get it before. Like my very first run got all the way to sector four, found an Ancient temple, fought the guardian, BEAT it, and died because I didn't expect it to turn into a black hole. And a run not that shortly after got all the way to sector 5 or 6, encountered a system with two jump suppressors, one a corvette, the other a frigate, and a close by sun causing everything to overheat. . I've never seen that close by sun weather again.

This run I didn't even see a Frigate. Or Ancient Temple. That's what I was really aiming for. I only have two glyphs

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm getting fed up with PoE's stupid stronghold thing.  Literally every time I build a new structure, bandits attack and destroy it.  I've had to replace my Main Keep like 5 times now.

What is the point of building these structures that say they add defense when they don't?  And it takes so long to rebuild this stuff, yet I get attacked way more often than I can build.

The whole "manual resolve" is so stupid, too, because I can't figure out how to get back at the exact right time.  I tried one time to get back in time, but there was like 6 hours left until the supposed attack, so my options were either to just stand around doing nothing for six in-game hours, or "rest".  I opted to rest, but of course it rested for 8 hours and I missed the attack.

I honestly don't remember it being this fickle when I played the PC version.  The PS4 version has been nothing but a hassle.

• Hmmm 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

More Assetto Corsa GT2X Championship. Latest race was 27 laps of Monza on medium difficulty. I was able to get the 2nd best lap in qualification, but after AI ramming me few times, like I was not on the track, I had to restart the race after 10 laps. Next race was the same, got rammed by AI, and then I had to try to catch the leader for more than 20 laps I think. Feeling exhausted, so time for a small nap 😛

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

13 hours ago, GhostofAnakin said:

I'm getting fed up with PoE's stupid stronghold thing.  Literally every time I build a new structure, bandits attack and destroy it.  I've had to replace my Main Keep like 5 times now.

What is the point of building these structures that say they add defense when they don't?  And it takes so long to rebuild this stuff, yet I get attacked way more often than I can build.

The whole "manual resolve" is so stupid, too, because I can't figure out how to get back at the exact right time.  I tried one time to get back in time, but there was like 6 hours left until the supposed attack, so my options were either to just stand around doing nothing for six in-game hours, or "rest".  I opted to rest, but of course it rested for 8 hours and I missed the attack.

I honestly don't remember it being this fickle when I played the PC version.  The PS4 version has been nothing but a hassle.

Yeah, you're on to something there, that's for sure. I do recall it being the second worst aspect of PoE1, the worst being the last quarter of the game (well, it's less if you are playing the XPs). And in PoE2, I'd say that ship combat is the worst part, and once again, the end of it all, unfortunately. Otherwise, two very entertaining and content rich CPRGs.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm about 90% sure there was a 'resolve attack' or rest to a specific time type button on PC where you'd wait until the attack happened. The Keep management part of the game wasn't great but I didn't find it actively annoying and I certainly would have found it annoying if it was as described.

(Worst aspect for me- apart from the main game being over long and a bit of a chore- was hitting the level cap with about 25% of the game to go. Hitting the cap in the endgame is marginally annoying but overall fine, but I hit the cap about half way (?) through the first part of the expansion...)

• Like 1

Shadows: Awakening
It's a hack&slash action game with RPG elements and puzzles. Somehow similar to Divinity: Original Sin in terms of style and large piles of random color-coded loot, but more fun.

Edited by Hawke64

On 8/16/2019 at 2:47 PM, IndiraLightfoot said:

Yeah, you're on to something there, that's for sure. I do recall it being the second worst aspect of PoE1, the worst being the last quarter of the game (well, it's less if you are playing the XPs). And in PoE2, I'd say that ship combat is the worst part, and once again, the end of it all, unfortunately. Otherwise, two very entertaining and content rich CPRGs.

Don't get me wrong.  All the other stuff is top notch.  I'm just currently annoyed with the implementation of the stronghold.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

SWAT 4 needs a "Plant evidence" option.  Still, pretty fun game even when I play it rather simplistically.  Will have to take flashbangs away from my AI teammates.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

9 hours ago, Lexx said:

Wasn't there a new SWAT-like game in the works? What happened to it?

Ready Or Not, stupid name.  Alpha build is being released tomorrow, I think, to supporters.

Decided I wanted to finally try that Outer Wilds game I hear so much about. Only to find out my e-mail was harvested as part of Epic Games bot spam. When I tried to create an EpicGames account, it told me I already have one. I recover it and the password recovery is in Italian.

Anyway, I've submitted a request to delete that account so I can make one of my own.

As for what I'm actually playing, Dead Cells. Pretty fun. I've beat it on 0BSC twice. Maybe time to move up a difficulty.

I started playing Ion Fury. Very quickly I was met with the indisputable fact that I am completely **** at old skool shooters (or any shooters, for that matter). I'm playing on the 2nd of 4 difficulties and I'm getting super murdered, but I refuse to play on baby's first shooter difficulty, because my ego can't handle that. With enough practice I will hopefully become slightly less **** at the game. Despite having my ass handed to me repeatedly, I'm having fun with the game. It's a decidedly mid 90s shooter where you play as Female Duke Nukem and progress through labyrinthine levels full of alternate paths, secret areas, and really ****ish places for enemies to come out of and horribly murder you while your character cracks wise. It's the Duke Nukem 3D sequel we never got. What's that you say? Something about there already having been a Duke Nukem 3D sequel? With all due respect, sir or madam, I don't know what you are talking about and you might be off your rocker. Lalalalala I can't hear you.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm still kind of sad that Megaton Edition of DN3D isn't available. I kind of want to play that first, then Ion Fury.

45 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Can you also flush the toilet? :lol:

Of course. You can also turn on the hand dryer, play the piano, knock paintings off the wall, shoot bottles, etc.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Did the SWAT 4 mission with the child graveyard, have to redo it as apparently I blasted a lady in the legs with my MP5 that I shouldn't have.  Not very good at judging when they are acting in a threatening manner.  Sort of funny to deal with such a strict RoE when I'm in the ersatz NYPD, heh.

• Like 1

My brutality build run in Dead Cells is going a little too well. I beat the Time Keeper only using one health potion.

I expect I'll have my second Boss Stem Cell by the end of the night. And then I can accept I've learned enough to try the the Giant again.

More PoE.  Reached Twin Elms.  Not looking forward to that dragon fight.

Also, is it just my build for him or is Durance terrible in combat?  His special weapon makes him a melee character, but he's got the HP and END of a frail mage.

13 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Durance is great in combat. Priests require a lot of micro to make them good in melee (casting a bunch of self buffs--basically the same for melee wizard).

That would explain why he sucks for me.  I'm terrible at micromanaging during combat.  I'm especially bad at choosing the right "buffs" for my characters.

• Like 1