What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Amentep

6 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I always wanted to give that game a try

If you do try it, you will be presented with the choice to either make a Freedom character or a Going Rogue one. Freedom you create Heroes or Villains in the main timeline/reality, Going Rogue you create a character in an alternate Earth/Mirror Universe who isn't classified as either yet.

The confusing bit for Heroes and Villains is that the new launcher doesn't really tell you which archetype (think class) is which :) So Brute, Stalker, Dominator, Corruptor, and Mastermind are Villains, with the two Arachnos archetypes being the bonus classes originally unlockable by reaching max level as a villain. The others are heroes, with the two Kheldians (Peacebringer and Warshade) being the unlockable hero classes. Characters starting in Praetorian Earth can't be Arachnos or Kheldian because history didn't go that way in that reality.

Story wise City of Heroes gives the best understanding of the setting. City of Villains was the first large (paid) expansion so to a large extend builds on that, and focuses more on Arachnos, while expanding on other stories where in a way it assumes you already know the basics. Going Rogue then gives the mirror universe setting, which in theory would be more interesting to someone who already knows who is who, so you get a shock value of seeing the good side npcs being bastards 😛

All storylines merge, and eventually everyone gets to meet everyone regardless.

And when people refer to Blue/Red they are talking about Hero/Villain content respectively.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I know next to nothing about Conan Exiles but I do have a key from a Humble Monthly last year so I'd give it a go if someone started it up. Mind you, my gaming hours probably don't line up with any other active player here.

Meanwhile, I've been subbed for about a week on WoW. During that time, I've advanced one reputation required for flying from Neutral to Friendly. Yeah, this isn't happening anytime soon. Went to the new raid a couple of times (on Normal) and it was fine, nothing exceptional. Cleared the new dungeon once, ditto. I think ultimately I came back a bit too early.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Pushing my LF pally from 65 to 120, or at least 110.  Sort of strange to run through old zones, doing quests and remembering my doing of them 12 years ago.  Hellfire is indeed a dreadful zone visually, but the music and feel is still pretty cool.  As I'm levelling a tank, I will have good dungeon queue times but tanking can be an annoying task (granted, we can still faceroll our way through leveling dungeons)

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished up Heat Signature and moved to another space game. But I found Space Pirates and Zombies to be too repetitive. So I went back to X3 Reunion.

Ahh, Reunion. I think I last played it two computers ago. Heck, I think that was my college computer. I remember letting it run all night with automated trade routes to make money for a capital ship. Well, I don't need a capital ship this time since I don't plan on playing it that long. But at the same time I'm realizing how painfully pitiful the default start is on this game. The lowest class of combat ship and the only way to make money is by doing very small trade runs. Can't even shoot pirates because 1) killing pirates doesn't give money 2) any pirate group with a next tier combat ship will chase you through the entire sector and murder you. And there's not much of a way to find out where level appropriate pirates are.

I recall now that I did those pitiful trade runs for hours on end to earn my first hauler. And then I screwed up and had to do them all over again for some reason. This is where I sigh heavily.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

On 7/18/2019 at 1:16 AM, Hurlshot said:

I think so. Although it is a pretty fast progression, and I believe you can set server rules to increase speed.

Ohhh, I'd be so torn, I've just begun playing Elite Dangerous again and it's really timeconsuming.. But it'd be real nice to play some Conan too...

Also, timezones ftl... ;_;

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Ohhh, I'd be so torn, I've just begun playing Elite Dangerous again and it's really timeconsuming.. But it'd be real nice to play some Conan too...

Also, timezones ftl... ;_;

I had been considering joining some sort of server (as if I needed an excuse for more building ;)), so I'm all for it. I had also been considering running one (been tinkering with a Docker image on and off as I don't want to install Wine, Steam, and co straight into the OS), though mostly to check out the differences between solo and dedicated because I'm not so sure my hardware could handle many people (but I have no idea how taxing the dedicated server is, so maybe it can host like a 10 slot server).

Server settings would need to be discussed, I imagine. Like PvP or no, decay timers on things (eg. buildings, thralls), what is considered acceptable (blocking off resources spawns can be real nasty if there's no raiding). I mean, I know you're all real gentlemenbarbarians, of course, who'd never even consider such a thing...buuuut  ;)
And, of course, which, if any, mods to run (which, I imagine, would depend on whether people are into PvP).

I'd argue the game is not really balanced around single player, that's why the server options are wide open when playing solo, especially increasing either gather rates or decreasing resource costs are fair game imho (I think I have costs set to 25%, didn't touch gather rates), for solo I'd also turn off decay (but I'm Bob the Builder, so yeah, I might be biased) and bump up the speed of thrall job interviews.

FWIW my current mod list (mostly the same from before):

Spoiler
  • Fashionist: adds cosmetic slots for armor and body paint, probably not a great mod for a PvP server
  • Improved Quality of Life: among other things adds a mini map and displays actual values for many things (health, stamina, percentages for crafting bars)
  • Less Building Placement Restrictions - Overlaps Edition - No NPC camp buliding: allows building in ways the game normally doesn't, this makes placing altars way less of a pain, for one
  • Pippi: mostly used for messing with my character's appearance but can be used to set up vendors and quest givers etc.
  • Pythagoras: adds building pieces to the vanilla building sets, like 90degree angular blocks (and associated walls)
  • Pythagoras Support Beams: adds working support beams, these transfer 100% stability so can be a tad game breaking if used excessively
  • SP_Boss_HP: nerfs HP of boss monsters to sensible levels for single players

There's a few others I've been eyeing, like Emberlight (adds a lot of crafting and RP stuff) or the Glass building mod but I'd prefer to mess with those in a sandbox (or on a server) as I don't want to break my save in case they turn out gamebreaking or just not useful.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

Count me out of the Conan Exiles server. I'm sure I'll play it again at some point, but after 250 hours, I need a break from the game and to play some other stuff. Even when I do get back into it, as an over the road truck driver, I don't have a steady schedule, it changes all the time, so it would be neigh impossible for me to be on at the same time as others with any sort of regularity. As much as I'd like to join y'all, it's not really feasible. Sorry folks.

Currently I'm playing La Mulana 2, started X4 Foundations, and recently got back into HITMAN (there are still a few challenges left for me and I never finished the final chapter of the bonus campaign, namely because I really want to unlock the electronic lock descrambler and I need to reach lev 15 (currently 11) in Colorado to do that. I really should pick up HITMAN 2 at some point. I've been putting it off because I was hoping it would get a native Linux version, like the first game did, but that hasn't happened so far. It does seem to run flawlessly and with great performance via Steam's Proton, though.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I bought my Switch for Breath of the Wild. I'm playing a lot of games on it - but so far Breath of the Wild stands the test of time as the only Zelda game that I have that I didn't finish. At least I'm having fun with the Switch. When I bought an XBox for Halo I was disappointed both in the console and the game.

Anyway, I'm playing Etherborn right now. Too early to judge, for now it's interesting enough. Not sure just how far that concept can go or how long the game's going to be.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

BattleTech
Acquired my first Assault 'Mech, a Highlander. It is ridiculously slow, but very sturdy. I guess, it relies on cold climate and jump-jets? The first mission I was able to test it with my team took place in tundra and I managed to defeat 7 other 'Mechs (2-3 heavies, the rest were mediums) without injuries or broken parts.

Joined a Strike Force in City of Villains tonight. Hadn't teamed in over a decade in this game. It was as hectic and chaotic as I remember. Maybe more so. I haven't gotten the hang of the Arachnos Soldier archtype yet, so not sure what my role is on a team.

Maybe I need to level up Aconitine instead. You always know what you are doing with a Thugs/Poison mastermind - keep your enemies poisoned while your gang fills them with lead.

That said, the Strike Force went well. And just as we were saying good night, a zone event triggered and we got swamped with near endless hordes of zombies. Great way to end the night.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

21 hours ago, majestic said:

I bought my Switch for Breath of the Wild. I'm playing a lot of games on it - but so far Breath of the Wild stands the test of time as the only Zelda game that I have that I didn't finish. At least I'm having fun with the Switch. When I bought an XBox for Halo I was disappointed both in the console and the game.

Anyway, I'm playing Etherborn right now. Too early to judge, for now it's interesting enough. Not sure just how far that concept can go or how long the game's going to be.

I only bought it for BOTW as well, i've had the console around 4 months now. I just play it occasionally. It's a really long game though so I get what you mean, i may never complete it but I enjoy my time with it. Mario Kart has ended up being the game i've played most on it... because it's the ONLY game my girlfriend will actually play! Tried getting her to play Smash bros but NOOOOO apparently it's too stressful.

nowt

I beat the prologue mission in HITMAN 2, silent assassin, suit only, naturally. Very easy mission, as I would expect from the prologue mission. I completed it on professional difficulty, which threw me off at first since difficulties have changed from the previous game. In the previous game you had normal and professional difficulties. In HITMAN 2 you have casual difficulty, which is for the people that bought the wrong game and wanted to play Call of Duty instead. There's professional difficulty, which is normal difficulty from the previous game. Finally, there's master difficulty, which is professional difficulty from the previous game.

I believe I get to do one more mission in the freebie pack I scooped up, but before I get to that I'm going to run the prologue mission a couple more times on master difficulty and try to pull off some more fun kills (I strangled the target with fiber wire going through it the first time, which is classic, but hardly inventive), and to silent assassin, suit only the mission on the highest difficulty at least once.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Spider From Mars stopped the Council and Skyraiders from getting their hands on some experimental raygun. Stopped Mangle (npc villain) from manipulating those organizations to get his hands on the gun. Stopped Hollow Point (npc vigilante) from grabbing it. then stopped poor Frostfire (npc villain from very early CoH - oh the nostalgia of fighting him over a decade ago in my first team mission) from handing the gun over to Longbow (definitely not SHIELD) to turn over a new leaf.

Sold the raygun on the black market.

And that rehabilitated Spider From Mars from Villain to Rogue. Now I am the kind of villain who helps out the heroes when needed but betrays them on the way and runs off with the Tesseract.

So I took the opportunity to head over to Paragon City. Beat up some Tsoo, Freakshow and Warriors. One of the civilians being mugged told me the city needed more people like me. Made me wonder if he had heard of the Mayhem missions I had been doing. Or nay of the other villain missions. People have short memories.

Moment of Silence sure moves slowly sometimes literally as the PC takes an age to cross the screen.  I do like the PC mentioning stuff I have no clue about, like his boss' wife's insomnia.   Still, setting does seem somewhat interesting, sort of like how Stark was in TLJ.  I'm anticipating this becoming far worse.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Turns out it was only the 1 mission I got in the HITMAN 2 freebie pack. I can't really complain because it was free. I've gone through that mission about a dozen times now, once on professional difficulty and all the other times on master difficulty. I've completed 32 of the 48 challenges, gotten 11 of 12 different possible assassinations, and have successfully silent assassin, suit only'd the mission on the hardest difficulty a bunch of times. Currently I'm doing all the shinobi challenges (I've done 2 of 4 so far). Hopefully the later missions are much more difficulty than this one. Maybe I'm just too good at the HITMAN games? They need to institute a new 4th difficulty and call it Keyrock Difficulty. :shifty:

Hopefully the game goes on sale soon, because I'm definitely itching to continue putting my master assassin skills to use.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Continue on my Tales of Symphonia marathon. I am in the last 3rd of the game, (start of Disc 2, if it would be the GC version of the game). Slowly playing around, doing all the sidequests and titles, which I missed 5 years ago, when I’ve played the game for the first time. Enjoying it much more than a lot of newer games, Just the combat is kind of not the most enjoyable 😕

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

6 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Hopefully the game goes on sale soon, because I'm definitely itching to continue putting my master assassin skills to use.

It's 65% off right now at GMG which is a historical low. Same discount for the Gold edition.

• Thanks 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I bought Barotrauma on the space sale because I've eyed it a bit. The only thing holding me back was it's mostly multiplayer. I don't play multiplayer. I nearly refunded it right after buying it.

Now I have 20 hours in it already. So that ship has kind of sailed.

For anyone interested, it's Space Station 13-lite on a submarine under the sea on Europa. I spend most of my time ingame trying to chase off griefers or get to the husk eggs before they infect the ship.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Took me a while (too long, honestly), but I got a working Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Docker image. I was about to give up on the project when the thing suddenly decided to actually allow connections (server started fine before, but errored out each time something tried to connect), so I ended up trudging on after all. The in-game or Steam server browsers don't find the server and I'm not sure why, but at this point I'm already happy direct connections work (at least from within my local network)

The documentation for the dedicated server is pretty much non-existent, wrong, outdated or a combination of the before and the logs are pretty useless as well. Shame they broke the supposed promise for a Linux version of the server as well, that'd have been a tad more convenient (and who voluntarily runs servers on Windows anyway?)

I'm now seeing if I can automate mod updates and then I'll probably throw it up on GitHub at least. As far as performance goes, eh, not sure yet, the load on my server doesn't go above 0.6 while playing which is still just fine. CPU also doesn't seem to particularly care, memory is a tad tight (can probably free some up rather easily) and some things in the game do feel laggy (eg. harvesting corpses). Will have to do some more profiling to see whether it's actually playable for more than just kicks.

In the event I do decide it's feasible to run a small server I intend to  make public backups of the server database (well, accessible with the server password), this means that in case something happens (most likely some SteamCMD or Conan Exiles update breaking things) or performance does turn out unbearable people can download the database to their single player game and carry on (or host it elsewhere, of course). Server settings are not present in that database (something to be aware of when using something like Mikey's Toolbox to create and manage multiple single player games as well) but everything else is (player stats, buildables, etc)

• Like 2

On 7/7/2019 at 12:28 PM, Hawke64 said:

Wandersong
I don't know what else I could expect, but the game is a collection of QTEs without any player's agenda. Turning off sound and trying to ignore the plot made the game less irritating, but if nothing changes, I'm going to refund it.

A bit late on this, but it's really more of a visual novel/platformer game. It's not for most people. At all.

---

Been playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey lately, notably the DLC. So far, I'm not feeling the underworld stuff since it's mostly drab and grey with some sort of arbitrary portal sealing mechanic, but I'm trying to push myself into the final DLC area which is supposedly a lot better.

I've also been playing a lot of FFXIV. Man, it's like all of SE's good writers decided they wanted to work on the MMO instead of the trainwreck of mismanaged single player titles. I haven't seen a MMO story spawn so many discussions about morality (and managed to write a villain that unapologetically commits mass genocide over eons while still having sympathetic motivations (or at least sympathetic enough that he's essentially crazy fanbase bait), but then again JRPGs tend to be kind of whack).

Edited by Saito Hikari
  • Like 1

I managed to be subscribed to two MMOs and be burnt out on both MMOs at the same time. I can barely be motivated to unlock flying in WoW and am just crawling along at the rate of a few daily quests a day (on a good day) and am barely 1/3rd of the way to the unlock. Meanwhile in FF14, I'm anchored at about level 60 because I stopped caring about the story and haven't left town for more than a week just occasionally doing some tradeskills.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G