What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Amentep

Furi
Completed the game. The Star, the optional boss with melee combat disabled, was just as difficult as the first time - semi-transparent floor and many semi-transparent projectiles did not improve my survivability. By the last phase (traditionally, a bullet-hell sequence) I was counting the rhythm of attacks with the 1-syllable f-words. I guess, the victory would be less satisfying, if the battle was easier.

I'm thinking about starting NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate. Should I create a new PC or import the one from Storm of Zehir?

Now that I beat ATOM RPG and am doing a second playthrough, I think I will start playing Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition again.

I had put it and Seven: Enhanced Edition both on the back burner to finish ATOM RPG after the new 1.1 Dead City update for it came out. 

As for Seven: Enhanced Edition, I'll going to try and finish this sooner or later hopefully. The new Enhanced Edition still has a lot of problems that need to be fixed. (Like the game's inventory system still being too hard to use. Plus there are still way too many npc's who are getting stuck in doorways and on things while in the middle of walking.)

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Finally got around to playing Pathfinder Kingmaker.

Didn't get very far just yet, but I worry it might be a bumpy ride. The system is frustrating mess, complex in all the wrong ways, with character creation being a test, rather then multiple choice. It was frustrating as the game doesn't come with any kind of manual (unlike BGates) so enjoy guessing how things are calculated. Luckily it looks very much like D&D imitator so one can figure it out. UI is quite clunky.

Combat has been a slog so far, with little input choice, and a lot of dicerolls. Same fights can go in dramatically different ways, without any change of tactics.

Writing is very dry, very artificial, and so far not very engaging. 

Seems like Dev team bit a bit more then they can chew. It does have some promising elements though, so I will persevere for a little bit longer (should have skipped season pass😂)

• Like 1

Work continues on my capital in Conan Exiles.

The initial thrall housing is complete. I'll add more later as my city expands, but there's room for everyone I currently have there. I hooked them up too. Everybody has their own room with a nice comfy queen size bed. There are big dining tables and plenty of seating in common areas, and the whole place is lit up by stylish purple colored radium torches. 

With that complete, I have begun work on a defensive wall surrounding the northern side of the city (the southern side is a sheer cliff). I'm building it fairly far out from the current complex to leave room for expansion, plus I'm making it fairly tall and with several guard towers, so this project will take a looooong time. In the future I plan to add a bathhouse, an ampitheater, and other structures, but I feel defenses should take priority, even if I play with The Purge disabled.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Didn't get very far just yet, but I worry it might be a bumpy ride. The system is frustrating mess, complex in all the wrong ways, with character creation being a test, rather then multiple choice. It was frustrating as the game doesn't come with any kind of manual (unlike BGates) so enjoy guessing how things are calculated. Luckily it looks very much like D&D imitator so one can figure it out. UI is quite clunky.

Combat has been a slog so far, with little input choice, and a lot of dicerolls. Same fights can go in dramatically different ways, without any change of tactics.

Seems like Dev team bit a bit more then they can chew. It does have some promising elements though, so I will persevere for a little bit longer (should have skipped season pass😂)

Pathfinder pretty much is 3rd Edition D&D with slightly different names and teamwork feats that may or may not work properly in the game. It's really best to look up decent feat combinations and if they even work as stated (much less work as intended), especially if you want to use the game's pre-built NPCs, since they're all average at the very best, outright terrible in some cases. Getting some value out of Valerie takes serious effort.

Oh, and do yourself a favor and bring an alchemist along. Unless things were patched in the newer versions their bombs are ranged touch attacks that aren't affected by spell resistance. Those big scary monsters that show up every now and then that your normal characters can only hit when the stars align? Heh. Throw, boom, win. They even come with switchable damage types in case something's immune to your regular booms.

Oh and sneak attacks are so easy to do that you can give anyone who ever attacks in melee a level (or two, or three) of Vivisectionist Alchemist or Rogue to take advantage of it. Those juicy level 20 capstone talents that look awesome? Yeah, most of them... pale compared to extra d6 or d8 on every attack. ;)

Edited by majestic
Sneaksie!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Diablo 3

So I've got Ashbringer apparently. And am almost done with the first 4 parts of the season journey. I guess that ancient helm I upgraded from a rare is really helping me out. 750% damage buff!

Only thing left to do to get the pet is a single greater rift.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Haven't played D3 in a long time but in the past one got set items for the season journey at some point. And then we're talking about ridiculous things like a 1600% damage buff to abilities.

And I thought some D2 numbers were bonkers...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

39 minutes ago, majestic said:

Haven't played D3 in a long time but in the past one got set items for the season journey at some point. And then we're talking about ridiculous things like a 1600% damage buff to abilities.

There's a season buff where each Ancient item you have gives you a 750% buff if you don't have an item set bonus. So beating 1600% is quite possible.

35 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

And I thought some D2 numbers were bonkers...

The numbers really are insane. They've just lost all meaning at this point. My Necro has 6,708 Intelligence and regenerates 23,242 HP per second. She has almost half a million health. Her strength is 77.

I've been at the endgame for barely over a weekend!

On 6/10/2019 at 7:19 PM, Wormerine said:

There should be tooltips, showing effects from the stats or equipment on skills or saves. I miss them now in NWN2. Though, there also might be some minor bugs.
Reloading until you roll 20 is recommended for the Kingdom management part, by the way.

---

Neverwinter Night 2: Mysteries of Westgate
Ate mysterious (failed the Lore check) berries and took a quest from a giant Rashemi hamster (not Bloo, the stalwart companion of Minx, another one) to investigate the Ferret Brotherhood.
It seems that I can't use my companions' stats for dialogues, unlike SoZ, so it is possible that I'm going to miss some quests or the best outcomes.

Bloo and Minx are stalwarts of Forgotten realms!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

FFXII's remake is a bit weird.  Some of the cut scenes look like they're still from the 2007? release, while some cut scenes look like they legitimately used today's graphics to do them.

Still enjoying myself, though.  Although I'd forgotten how much grinding you have to do in order to be high enough level to tackle the next step in the main quest line.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I cannot decide if I want to do stuff like Frostpunk or Long Dark for respite or something that takes place in Hell for better immersion. Meanwhile, playing a little funny casual thingy "Passpartout the starving artist", where you draw stuff to impress art connoisseurs, snobs and pretenders. I'm as art-ignorant as it goes, luckily, fat cats of Wall Street seem to love my "Tricolor maps of countries of the world" series. 

Also dabbled in "Game Dev Tycoon" a little. Built engines towards complex RPGs, had most success with action schlock with superheroes. It appears the game has pretty informative Wiki with useful info on how to game algorithms, alas, it's pretty impenetrable for my heatwave-addled brain. 

9 hours ago, GhostofAnakin said:

FFXII's remake is a bit weird.  Some of the cut scenes look like they're still from the 2007? release, while some cut scenes look like they legitimately used today's graphics to do them.

Still enjoying myself, though.  Although I'd forgotten how much grinding you have to do in order to be high enough level to tackle the next step in the main quest line.

Some cutscenes were made in engine, and some by rendering. I think this might be the reason of the quality change in some of them.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Figured out that Ice Cube is the magic ingredient for a successful D3 run - or maybe just had good luck.  Got a gift and Focus/Restraint, so can't use the seasons buff yet but at least I can tear through TX pretty easily so far.  Is sort of ridiculous to hit a mob for a crit of 93 billion but means bosses and elites are trivial.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got my season set in Diablo 3. And now I can play Torment VI and just walk through enemies so they die.

I'm basically not even playing anymore. I'm just walking around refreshing bone armor. Some particular strong Elites can one-shot me, so I have to keep walking and make sure I use the bone armor stun to hit them. Which usually kills them in one or two shots.

6 hours ago, Tale said:

Got my season set in Diablo 3. And now I can play Torment VI and just walk through enemies so they die.

I'm basically not even playing anymore. I'm just walking around refreshing bone armor. Some particular strong Elites can one-shot me, so I have to keep walking and make sure I use the bone armor stun to hit them. Which usually kills them in one or two shots.

I can save you some time, the game eventually devolves into grinding whatever Greater Rift level you're stuck at until you either gain enough paragon points or the stars align to give you a perfect loot drop to eke out that final smidgeon of more damage to finish it in time - only to get stuck on the next GR level until the very same thing happens.

Not saying that it isn't entertainung for a while. It's just... Eh, it got older a lot faster than D2 did for me.

The real annoying part for me is I don't even like bone armor. I dropped that ability a long time ago. I like summoning mages and ripping blood. But if I went back to that I'd be pushed so far back.

So I went back to my mage and I'm actually playing around with different builds on her.

I fought the Witch Queen in Conan Exiles. That was a really cool boss fight and I came super close to dying, but in the end I prevailed (through a lot of kiting) and I walked away with the spoils. There's only room form one queen in these lands. I now have

2 of the 6 pieces needed to forge the keystone, the Mask of the Witch Queen and the Heart of the Sands

I'm pretty sure it only gets harder from here on out. I think I'm going to attempt reaching the volcano soon. I'm going to bring a whole bunch of alcohol and food and hopefully that will be enough to keep me from freezing to death while I cross the frozen tundra. Once I reach the volcano, I suspect freezing will no longer be an issue, though I fully expect to encounter some brutal enemies.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

7 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I fought the Witch Queen in Conan Exiles. That was a really cool boss fight and I came super close to dying, but in the end I prevailed (through a lot of kiting) and I walked away with the spoils. There's only room form one queen in these lands. I now have

Hide contents

2 of the 6 pieces needed to forge the keystone, the Mask of the Witch Queen and the Heart of the Sands

I'm pretty sure it only gets harder from here on out. I think I'm going to attempt reaching the volcano soon. I'm going to bring a whole bunch of alcohol and food and hopefully that will be enough to keep me from freezing to death while I cross the frozen tundra. Once I reach the volcano, I suspect freezing will no longer be an issue, though I fully expect to encounter some brutal enemies.

Nice, I think I only have one part of the Heart of the Sand (from the Croc), got the mask as well, poking her with a weapon with some range (I used an Ancient Javelin) using light armor (dodge distance is underrated) makes it fairly doable to stay out of her range. Some nice looking armor recipes as reward for that fight too.

I've been mostly building my capital (which is basically my starting location still) with the occasional expedition. I've also survived two more Purges (both were Exiles) and managed to snatch 4 T4 purge-only thralls from those:

• Kheral the Tanner (tanner, surprising, right?)
  • Hena the Survivor (fighter)
  • Shala the Lust-slaker (arch priest, you get one guess as to for which god), this one was a really nice surprise.
  • Grigg of the Desert (archer)

As far as I can tell there's three T4 thralls per Purge, so I missed one each time (no idea which one it was on the first, but a T4 figher got killed by my guards second time around)

I've been farming me some Lemurian Thralls, got quite a few T4 ones that way (among with 2 Armorers, yay!) and I managed to snatch a Set T4 named priest from Sepermeru (damn those Sepermeru guys are tanky).

Accidentally ended up in the mines outside Sepermeru and got to fight the scorpion king (random spawn, I think) and queen back-to-back. Not particularly enjoyable to fight those. It just takes forever (I got respawns while fighting the queen...), and especially the king has nasty range on his attacks and his telegraphing is a lot less obvious than the queen's (needed 9 Aloe potions for the king, none for the queen). Tried to move north but the undead area made me turn around, they're so annoying to fight, I really need to figure out a technique that works and isn't overly tedious.

I also found a tool that allows you to have multiple characters in a single player game (Mikey's Toolbox, also allows you to backup and/or juggle save games) it's pretty nice and confirmed my suspicion that in single player your starting location is random. Also if you die and go back to the desert you end up at a random location (not necessarily the one you started from), so I guess that can be (ab)used if you don't like your starting location. Anyway, made a beeline to Sepermeru and set up shop right outside on this character, been farming the chests there (hostile NPCs are not really an issue as you can just climb away from them) while nabbing thralls from the Darfari camps to the south. I also found the Set T4 priest again in Sepermeru, I had always assumed named NPCs had a fixed appearance, but this time he, was a she, so I guess they're randomly generated after all? Or at least some of them are... (my two named Lemurian Armorers look pretty alike...), didn't mess with her (and her friends) on this character though.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

^ Some T4s have set locations, most are random, but not anywhere random. What I mean is that they have a chance to spawn in 6 or 7 different camps, not just anywhere.

Skeletons are the worst enemies. Not only are they immune to poison and bleeding (possibly all status effects), but they also don't stagger when you hit them with attacks. I hate them so much.  Also on the list of enemies I despise is a variety of sand reaper that spits a steady stream of poison and if that hits you it applies an insta-10 stack of poison. Even if you're quick with the Set antidote, it still deals a metric ****ton of damage. 

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

17 hours ago, majestic said:

I can save you some time, the game eventually devolves into grinding whatever Greater Rift level you're stuck at until you either gain enough paragon points or the stars align to give you a perfect loot drop to eke out that final smidgeon of more damage to finish it in time - only to get stuck on the next GR level until the very same thing happens.

Not saying that it isn't entertainung for a while. It's just... Eh, it got older a lot faster than D2 did for me.

D3 teaches one a lot of about life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra