What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Amentep

2 hours ago, kanisatha said:

Having a party with me (even if they're called cohorts) is why I loved NwN2 and hated NwN1. I'm continuing to slog through The Witcher 3 right now but am beginning to lose some interest ... and not having a party with me is definitely *the* reason why.

Same.
In TW3 you do get NPCs as temporarily companions for some quests (I can remember only Triss' questline, though). The game gets more interesting after you reach Novigard, but before you travel to Skellige (I skipped most of the side quests there).

NWN2: Storm of Zehir
Rescued the last two members of the crew of The Vigilant (the ship from the prologue), visited the Underdark Market and repeatedly failed to free the prisoners and not die (going to return there later).

Just fed all the special birds in Septerra Core and got my "Ultimate" Equipment for my party. I should be now very close to the final act of the game. The combat is little bit better again, after the search for Mourn Graveyard.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I've been playing through Neverwinter Nights 1, 2 and Mask of The Betrayer (but not Storm of Zehir),

It's been on my bucket list for a few years and I've tried starting a few times, but never managed to get far - mostly due to the horrible graphics :D

But stuck through this time, with a druid in all games - and thoroughly enjoyed it!

MoTB was not as spectacular as I remembered (but still great) and NWN2:OC was actually a lot better than I remembered. I think Lord of The Rings and High Fantasy attrition was an issue when it was released. Today everything is pretty grimdark, so the campy style seemed more refreshing.

• Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

I've been playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I was really enjoying it until after the troll lair. Now... I'm not really sure what to do? Am I just waiting for the next curse event? Feeling pretty directionless, wandering around just filling in gaps in the roads. Really killing my interest in the game, like it just ground to a halt. By the time the story picks up again I fear I'll forget what I'm supposed to care about.

Also doing some Choice of Games stuff from my backlog. A Study in Steampunk was decent enough. On to Versus: The Lost Ones, from the guy who did the rather excellent Heroes Rise series.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

3 hours ago, Tale said:

I've been playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I was really enjoying it until after the troll lair.

What hooked you before that? I've been keeping an eye on it and seems to be a diamond in the rough.

Fortune favors the bald.

3 hours ago, Tale said:

I've been playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I was really enjoying it until after the troll lair. Now... I'm not really sure what to do? Am I just waiting for the next curse event?

Pretty much that, Bugmaker's pacing is goofy like that. You gotta rush to finish the main event asap because bad things will happen to your kingdom otherwise, and then you just traipse around and spin that counter on kingdom management screen until something happens. 

As for what I'm playing, got hooked on sci-fi builders, doing "Surviving Mars" now. So relaxing, so easy on eyes and ears. I wonder what will I do next, mayhap foray into space 4xes? Even if I suck at 4X worse than city building, but I miss good ol' space science fiction too much.

ESO with Elsweyr expansion. Made a new character (necromancer, the new class). So far, its fun. Can see a dragon flying around on the map. Think he's supposed to be a group boss. Haven't tried anything with him yet. One thing I don't like about the ESO expansions is that they automatically plop you down in the latest expansion even though they happen in chronological order. They need a legacy mode where you start out in the Coldharbour like the game originally had it. As it is you don't know about the civil war, the planemeld, or Molag Bal because for all intents and purposes those things have already happened even though for a new character you haven't even stared them.

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 1

According to steam I'm at 137 hours in Conan Exiles. I played it for at least 15 hours on PS4 prior, so I'm over 150 hours and counting. I recently hit Lev 44 so my Stygian Setite Priestess is pretty dang strong now. The level cap is 60 but I might use a mod that pushes the cap out to 100. I need to make sure the scaling is proper. If I'm going to become a goddess, it should take a good long while to get there. There are also mods that push the cap out to 140 and 300, I don't think I need to go quite that far. 100 should be enough.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

7 hours ago, bugarup said:

As for what I'm playing, got hooked on sci-fi builders, doing "Surviving Mars" now. So relaxing, so easy on eyes and ears. I wonder what will I do next, mayhap foray into space 4xes? Even if I suck at 4X worse than city building, but I miss good ol' space science fiction too much.

I've been wondering about Surviving Mars myself, wanting to try out a space builder. My concern is that even as I like micromanaging, I hate having to micromanage down to the level of every individual colonist. Any thoughts/feedback?

Back to destroying my wrist in D3 with the new season.  Really should play something other than a DH.... Nah.

Also got Arma 3's Apex expansion on sale, so maybe will screw around with the editor.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

According to steam I'm at 137 hours in Conan Exiles. I played it for at least 15 hours on PS4 prior, so I'm over 150 hours and counting. I recently hit Lev 44 so my Stygian Setite Priestess is pretty dang strong now. The level cap is 60 but I might use a mod that pushes the cap out to 100. I need to make sure the scaling is proper. If I'm going to become a goddess, it should take a good long while to get there. There are also mods that push the cap out to 140 and 300, I don't think I need to go quite that far. 100 should be enough.

Is there any kind of story to follow in the game? I got the impression it was mostly just sandbox.

I finally got around to playing Celeste. Something about it’s artstyle kept me away, until I actually gave it a go. Probably my favourite platformer along with SuperMeatBoy. Controls are super tight, and it just feels great to move around. Controls are simple but with a decent amount of nuance, and a game is challenging, but most of all - interesting. It even has a narrative which seems to go somewhere. 

Lovely stuff. 

Out of curiosity, on which platform are you playing?

I've been playing on the Switch and I noticed some highly annoying lags - both in terms of frame rate and input, especially during extended plays. On the other hand I might just be terribad, currently kind of stuck on the Chapter 5 C-Side. :(

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Is there any kind of story to follow in the game? I got the impression it was mostly just sandbox.

Yes, there is a story and a main quest but there's very little (read: almost zero) guidance. You wake up crucified in a desert literally naked (if you have full nudity on) except for a bracelet on your wrist. Conan comes along, frees you, then wanders off. There are people you can talk to, messages you can find, and mysterious stones with runes on them that will speak to you, giving you exposition and filling in parts of the puzzle of what you should be trying to do. The game never clobbers you over the head with this, though. There's no giant arrow telling you which way to go, no exclamation points on your map showing quest givers, at least not on normal difficulty (maybe on easy the game has some guidance?). When someone tells you about some place, it doesn't magically appear on your map, they may give you a vague direction like "north" or a description of the surrounding landscape, finding the place is up to you. There is story and lore in the game, but the game does very little (read: nearly nothing) to make sure you find said story and lore.

Conan Exiles is sort of what Bethesda wanted Fallout 76 to be... and horribly failed at. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Mordheim Inquisition decided to rest while the majority of warriors trained, after securing a huge haul of wyrdstone.

Only small teams were sent out.

While they were victorious, they failed to achieve their objectives out of bad luck (kill specific enemies, and the enemy either hiding behind the rest of their warband, or the rookie who took him out and looting the proof of kill, getting knocked out himself, with the enemy routing before we could get it back).

Now everyone else is ready though, so I may go for the next story mission.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

16 hours ago, Rosbjerg said:

What hooked you before that? I've been keeping an eye on it and seems to be a diamond in the rough.

General love for IE style RPGs. I don't know if I'd call it a diamond in the rough, but maybe a lesser gemstone.

It's actually frustrated me at a few points where I call BS on the bosses.  But I think the pacing of the game is the only true turnoff.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Keyrock said:

According to steam I'm at 137 hours in Conan Exiles.

I bought the game on a steam sale (50% off) a while ago and decided to give it a try over the weekend. Takes a bit to get used to. It felt very much like a 3D version of 'Don't Starve Together'. I know food and water are part of the game, but dang, I would love to just explore without having to worry about my food going rotten!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

I bought the game on a steam sale (50% off) a while ago and decided to give it a try over the weekend. Takes a bit to get used to. It felt very much like a 3D version of 'Don't Starve Together'. I know food and water are part of the game, but dang, I would love to just explore without having to worry about my food going rotten!

There are mods for that. ;)

Speaking of mods, I wound up installing the Lev 140 mod. The reason I chose that one over the many other level cap extension mods is that the Lev 140 mod preserves the leveling curve of the vanilla game. a lot of the other mods get wacky past lev 60 (the vanilla lev cap), but this mod scales the xp needed and stat and feat points gained at the same curve as lev 1-60 in vanilla (meaning it takes a metric ****ton of XP to get to the really high levs).

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

If there's one complaint, and there's definitely at least one, I have about Zachary Sergi's Choice of Games titles, it's his stat system. You're basically pushed into making completely nuance-void choices and unchanging characters. Because if you pick something that's not perfectly in line with what the game thinks you've been picking, it practically berates you for that.

I still like Versus so far. But I'm getting paranoid that since I had the character treat friends and family openly in the beginning, it's going to start making me fail at everything now that I feel like concealing stuff from people who are clearly up to something.

16 hours ago, kanisatha said:

I've been wondering about Surviving Mars myself, wanting to try out a space builder. My concern is that even as I like micromanaging, I hate having to micromanage down to the level of every individual colonist. Any thoughts/feedback?

Not much yet, just started and so far not microing sims hasn't bitten me in the arse. 

Oh I finally decided to give Borderlands 2 a go. Looters are not my thing: be it Diablo, Torchlight or the likes, but I heard enough of good things about it to pick it up for 6pounds. 

Didnt play too much so far, but it seems life. Impressed with the loot, guns so far felt unique and varied, which makes picking up drops semi exciting. I am mostly annoyed with MMO feel of the game - enemies and loot chests respawning, a lot of time wasted running from objective, to objective. 

After many, many years, I have finally finished Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator today. I played it for the first time sometimes around year 2000, but I've never finished it. The story is pretty solid, with the exception of the ending, but in the last 20 hours of the game, the combat gets very tedious, and there is to much of it. It kind of spoiled my enjoyment of the game as a whole, and then the ending nailed it little bit further 😛

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours