What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Amentep

7 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

Devil May Cry 2
Completed the game as Dante. Not sure, if I'm going to try Lucia's campaign.

You finished what's considered the very worst of the DMC series? You're a more patient man than I.

Tried playing as Athens in IM:RO. That s--t is NOT easy. You start the game in thrall to Phrygia. And they are a superpower when the game starts. If you deny any request they integrate you: game over. If you accept their requests they cripple you. So you are surrounded by Greek states also in bed with Phrygia so you can't expand. Meaning playing any Hellenistic state other than the big powers is freaking tough. Your only shot is to hope Phrygia gets into a two front war with Egypt, Macedon, or the Selucids and get's their asses kicked. The good news is they are likely to do that very thing. The bad news is if it IS Macedon guess where the battles get fought? That right... in the Greek States. Right on top of you.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, Tale said:

Homeworld Remastered isn't as fun as I imagined it would be. Interesting plot, just I can't be excited about making ships fight asteroids per my current mission.

That's quite likely the worst mission in the original game.

I'm about 90% through The Following.  I have to say I'm disappointed in it.  I heard good stuff about it, but IMO, the fun stuff from the base Dying Alive game was removed and boring stuff was added.

Less parkour, a whole bunch of repetitive driving.  Virals who literally spawn 5 at a time out of nowhere if you sneeze.  A main story that, honestly, is so bare bones that it made the original story (which wasn't that great itself) look great.

If anything, it took the things that annoyed me from the base game and expanded on that in this, while removing the stuff I actually enjoyed.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm playing Wasteland 2. I tried it right after launch and was very much into, but it kept crashing on me all the time so I just postponed...and postponed...and postponed again until 2019. And I'm having a great time with it right now, even if it still crashes from time to time. Also, guns and robots and radio is great palate cleanser after recent fantasy overdose. Also², it gave me the very best reason to reload -- "because nuclear blast incinerated my leather pants".

As a zen game du jour I also picked Aven Colony, very beautiful sci-fi city builder with relaxing ambient music. Unfortunately, no matter how pretty or musical, it is a city builder still and does this city builder thing of "I'll just play for half a hour before bed what why how it is 3 in the morning???!!?" so that disqualified it as a zen game. 

I'm at the stage of going through all the Fallouts that have arisen (including Tactics, Ressurection and Restoration, of course along with the HD mod) I am currently playing Fallout New Vegas and discovering this game anew. Most have already forgotten, some have never discovered.

Anyway, FO NV is my favorite Fallout 3D version and I'm happy. that Obsidian showed how Fallout could look like

I also play Albion Online, my friends recommended this game before, but then I had to pay for it. Now Albion is free to play, and I have to admit that it is a solid MMO. In my opinion, Albion's transition to the F2P mode is the best decision that developers could take.

Edited by LysaMorda
  • Like 1

Runescape and OSRS Old School Runescape gold for everyone who want to buy Runescape gold https://odealo.com/games/runescape/gold

I finished Chains of Satinav and remembered why it was listed as a favorite. I'm not crying, but I feel like I definitely would have the first time.

On to Memoria!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm on my third go around with Athens. Sixty years into the game and I've FINALLY broken free from Phrygia. Now to from alliances with a few other Hellenisitc states and start kicking some butt.  One problem though. Ptolonmy's boys in Egypt now control a huge chunk of the eastern med. And Rome hasn't really gotten it's act together yet to be any kind of a challenge to them. 

One problem at a time. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Drawing close to being done with Dying Light: The Following.  I'm finding that the story just isn't pulling me in, and the other activities are too sparse and too boring to keep my attention.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Gaming on a tablet can be sort of addicting. 😛

Tried an arpg called Epic Conquest. So far gameplay seems to consist of, what do you call it, combat areas only. Click on map that represents a journey, enter the area, have a fight, leave area. Go back to gear/store screen to check what drops you got or use stat points/craft gear etc. Repeat. There's virtual-novel like dialogues that give story/chr but it's rather light.  It's rather addicting in that mindless, sit-on-the-bed while tapping the screen like a madperson way I guess. Yes of course they want you to buy stuff, but so far, haven't had to.  Just watched a few ads here and there. Thus it's a winner.

Bought the rest of the FFXV-Pocket Edition chapters, about to start on that now. Noticed some dialogues are different and I heard some story scenes differ too, it'll be interesting to see how much so. Btw, the install size for everything is quite huge for mobile. Over 2GB I think?

Bought the mobile version of Hakuoki virtual novel since it's my utter favorite. Doesn't have all the options/stories of the PC version but does have some side bit content PC version doesn't have. More importantly, can play it a bit and listen to those awesome VA's without having to be tethered to the desktop.

Tried a few otome and casual button pusher games out of curiosity. I don't mind watching 20 sec. ads to speed some things up and ofc they want to make money but I don't know how people put up with the frequency or the cost. I'd rather just pay for "everything" outright like the FFXV chapters.  I can see why companies like mobile tho - perfect for sucking all the money from addictive personalities. :shifty: I shall endeavor to find a few other time-wasters that are as free/low pressure as possible. Or pay-outright types.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 5/6/2019 at 8:39 AM, Heijoushin said:

You finished what's considered the very worst of the DMC series? You're a more patient man than I.

It's still a DMC game. Not as good as DMC3/4/5, but not too bad.
And I need to complete (or, at least, start) Lucia's campaign. Someday.

Literally *just* downloaded Stick of Truth since it's on a steep discount, so I'm probably going to start that here in a bit. Currently have DA:O, DA:I, and Borderlands 2 all on the back burner.

8 hours ago, UplinkNode85 said:

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. *ahem* Tim *ahem* the time is right to reboot this.

Is it the time when the Living One will return on wings of fire?

Hmm... that is not right...

Reborn!

That's it!

Is it the time when the Living One will be reborn on wings of fire?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I've been collecting me some Wyrdstone...

Gotta man up and finally get through that Sisters of Sigmar campaign (yups, still, my middle name might be "procrastination", maybe. I'll check, later.), but easing into it as I'm a wee bit rusty and I'd rather not wipe out my Warband at this point.

• Like 3

I finished Memoria. The Sadja story is good enough that I can forgive it for treating Geron and Nuri as second class framing device.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Since someone mentioned that South Park is on sale I was playing it all day. Got some good chuckles out of it so far. They are not holding back on some of the stuff I must say :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Death's Gambit
It's an amazing 2D Souls-like. The most notable difference is the ability to use your healing items to increase damage (1 Estus for +10% DMG).
The only issue for me is uncompressed screenshots - they are saved in \username\AppData\ and auto-removed, if you launch the game again.

17 hours ago, marelooke said:

I've been collecting me some Wyrdstone...

Gotta man up and finally get through that Sisters of Sigmar campaign (yups, still, my middle name might be "procrastination", maybe. I'll check, later.), but easing into it as I'm a wee bit rusty and I'd rather not wipe out my Warband at this point.

You tryin' to make melkathi relapse?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

You tryin' to make melkathi relapse?

...I wouldn't dare! o:)

But the screenshot threads have been missing a certain something lately... ;)

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

I have been clean since the tenth of March this year!

I too can quit whenever I choose!