What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Amentep

Start of old thread
End of old thread

Continuing the conversation, last Zoraptor said (sorry can't quote right now) -

Apart from chugging along through AC: Odyssey I've also been playing Dawn of Man and Aven Colony for a bit of variation. TLDR, they're both good games that I'd recommend overall though they're certainly not classics.

Dawn of Man takes a tribe from stone age to iron age with hunting, techs, farming and the like. Its main problems are that it's a bit repetitive- not much in the way of alternative strategies- and the difficulty is, overall, a bit too easy even on hardcore mode. The positives are that it's almost bug free, looks pretty good and is in a neglected time period; it was also enjoyable and held attention despite its flaws and that is the most important thing of course. The main annoyances/ flaws I found apart from there only being a few strategies were fighting enemies which was not exactly difficult but was very random in results- basically, combat tended to be decided by whether your army streamed piecemeal towards the enemy and got annihilated or their army streamed piecemeal towards yours instead- and keeping animals fed over winter. There was also a tendency for the AI to ignore even high priority tasks at times, important for feeding animals as you had to harvest/ store straw for them and even with the correct equipment and high priority given the AI would sometimes decide something else random was more important resulting in your animals starving. Which was more annoying than anything, my town in general never actually came close to starving in any game.

Aven Colony is a fairly standard city building and resource management/ gathering game set on an alien planet more or less in the vein of Pharaoh or one of the other old Impression games, I'd think anyone liking them should like it too. It's well balanced (normal is way too easy, but there are multiple difficulty levels and even custom settings) with just enough competing priorities to keep things interesting without being annoying micromanagement, plus it looks pretty and I had no noticeable bugs at all. I don't really have any substantive complaints about it except as with DoM above there's a bit of a dearth of different strategies and cities tend to end up looking mostly the same- despite there being some theoretically significant differences in the ~10 campaign and 4 challenge maps available. It has an overall plot for the campaign which is eminently ignoreable without being actively bad, and a regional map that is for exploration and PoI investigation and which is kind of a half baked feature without being bad.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Trying to find the motivation to grind out the last 8 skill points in Sekiro to finish all the achievements. Cuz every now and then I enjoy flashing my e-peen. :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'm working on building a new house in Conan Exiles. At he start I built a very small very basic house on the banks of the oasis just as shelter from sandstorms and such. I've since found a nicer area with more plentiful resources (most importantly ironstone) and decided to build a new house, much bigger and better, there. It's taking a long time to gather wood and stone and make bricks, and iron reinforcements, and insulated wood but it will be a house I can use for a long time once I'm done. I finished the foundation and walls, now I need to make the roof. Once that's done I can start sprucing up the inside.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing through Dying Light.  Originally I was just going to play enough to get leveled up enough to play The Following, but I've decided to stick with the core game for a bit longer.  I'll probably end up giving up when I have to do one of those idiotic boss fights.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Devil May Cry 3 (HD Collection)

Cleared Mission 15. Reread the in-game information on enemies. The writing style gave that odd feeling of machine translation. I don't remember, if it was the same in the original game (it probably was, but I cared less). Also the difference in level design approach in DMC3-4 and DMCV became very noticeable - the former had maps and levels were open to explore (and it was possible to get lost), the latter has more points-of-no-return, no puzzles, almost no key items or traps. Not saying that it's a bad thing, just different.

Edit. Completed the game. Funny to think that the ending of DMCV is pretty much what I wanted when I played DMC3 for the first time.

Yuppie Psycho

Somehow reminded me of my first attempt to find a job. So far so good.

Edited by Hawke64

I gotta admit, I'm getting more enjoyment out of Conan Exiles than I thought I would. It's a survival sandbox, so there's no real story, but there are enough cool places to explore around the landscape that I get some of the same vibes that I get from exploring in an Elder Scrolls game, except with the added bonus of absolutely no level scaling, so I can (and have) run into enemies that will ANNIHILATE me. Combat is not exactly Bayonetta or anything, but it is skill-based enough that you can absolutely defeat enemies much stronger than you if you're good and attentive enough. It's critical to pull enemies to get 1 on 1 battles as 2 on 1 gets really rough and 3 on 1 or worse is a death sentence. You can stack the odds in your favor if you're playing co-op with others, but I'm going it solo.  Too bad there's no mod support on consoles. If I ever see this game on a STEEP sale, I might scoop up a PC copy just so that I can mod it, and I'd get nudity as a side benefit (it's a Conan game, nudity is a significant part of the setting, shame they removed it on consoles).

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I was going to pick up Days Gone, but then I saw some reviews not being very flattering.  At the same time, I don't have a lot of faith in some of those review sites.  So I'm torn between two negatives.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So I wound up finding Conan Exiles at 50% off and wound up buying the PC version. It looks better on PC (not that it was ugly on PS4), runs better, has full nudity (for the authentic Conan experience I need nudity, sex, debauchery, slavery, and ritual sacrifices in my game), and is moddable. No native Linux version, but it runs flawlessly via Steam Play's Proton, exactly as it does on Windows with zero hoops to jump through to get it working. Now I'm scouring Steam Workshop for mods to install. I'm not going to do any total conversions yet, I'm mainly looking for an expansion of cosmetic options and weapon/armor/construction piece types. I mean, the base-game already has a plethora of building pieces for you to work with allowing you to make anything from huts to elaborate castles. I've really fallen in love with this game and will likely spend countless hours playing it going forward. I play solo on a custom difficulty which is normal difficulty minus the purge. I'm not trying to grief other players or get griefed by them (hence solo offline), nor do I want the purge ruining all my hard work periodically. I'm just looking to slowly tame the land and build a giant sprawling castle, complete with opulent keep and its own town full of my thralls (I treat em well, so long as they do their jobs well, otherwise they become a gift to the Old Serpent ;)).

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Anno 1800. It's really great, but also comes with some flaws that annoy the hell out of me. Ship ai is beyond retarded and something in the late game economy seems off. No matter what I do, my people consume rum, coffee and sewing machines like it is the end of days. Seriously, my ship is dropping off 150 tons of that stuff and it is gone in seconds. I can't keep up with the production.

Additionally I'm at a huge disadvantage, because my island is in the very north, but the "exit zone" to the new world is in the very south. So not only do I have to deal with the normal transition time, I also have to take the in-map travel time, which is HUGE. 

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've been playing Risk of Rain 2 a few evenings lately together with a couple of friends. It's one of those deceptively simple to learn games... but because the difficulty increases constantly over time, so you have to master the timing, how much to you want to hang around and gear up on a level before you get overwhelmed. Not to mention, once you decide enough is enough, it's time to trigger the level boss(es)  to progress to the next map. It's one of those early access games, but already worth the money we spent on it :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I finally finished the last Witcher 3 expansion, and I'm avoiding jumping back into Deadfire until some of the current issues are patched.  So I picked up Sunless Skies. 

I'm only 3 captains in, and I haven't left the Reach yet.  But I really do adore it.  As with its predecessor, Sunless Sea, I'm guessing that the frustration associated with travel times, grind, and bad-luck (or fat fingers in combat) quasi-permadeath will eventually outweigh the delight of discovery of its locations, secrets, characters, etc.  I'll probably never "beat" it (to the extent that is possible).  But that doesn't mean that I don't find the time I spend with it quite enjoyable. 

I find that I'm enjoying the combat more than I did in Sea, even though it's twitchier.  Also, Sea suffered from the fact that many of its ports were too front-loaded in their narrative content.  You could "complete" them in your first go-- or complete all but some really-high-skill-check endgame-level challenge-- and just stop in for port reports every once in a while thereafter.  I obviously haven't seen all (or even a majority) of the locations in Skies, but, so far, there appears to be more "mid-game" content, which should help with what was my biggest problem with Sea-- the fact that, after you've explored the map and done some early quests, you were faced with a period with little to do but grind skills until you could safely attempt the tough stuff.  And I like the more character-driven level-up process. 

If I'm being honest with myself, I should probably give in and switch to the non-legacy mode where it lets you go back to a save point when your face gets eaten by space bees.  But that just wouldn't be sporting.

Still, playing Septerra Core, getting closer and closer to the Endgame. The closer to the end to bigger “dungeons” are in game. Some are fine, some are tedious and mind numbing. Still the story is good enough to continue.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

I'm playing Chaos Gate...

That's a classic. Really the only WH game I ever got into. It was one of the few games to get close to that Xcom/Jagged Alliance type gameplay that so many missed the mark on. I'd say Silent Storm was the other contender. 

Playing dota mostly really, got burned out on Pathfinder and I am unnable to force myself to buy something else, i juse fired up Civ5 because i still miss some achievements and I am downloading something so I can't play online, my PC is getting old so anything really new is out of the question anyway until i force myself to get new rig

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

51 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

That's a classic. Really the only WH game I ever got into. It was one of the few games to get close to that Xcom/Jagged Alliance type gameplay that so many missed the mark on. I'd say Silent Storm was the other contender. 

It hasn't aged well. But for Warhammer 40K it is the only game that provides this experience. Mechanicus last year did turnbased tactics. It was a fun little game and I need to try it again since they upped the difficulty.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Chaos Gate up until this day, is the only WH40K game, which I enjoyed playing.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours