The Blockbuster Oscar Bait Movie Thread

Amentep

Start of old thread.
End of old thread

6 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Just FYI: the spoiler tags do not work if you are using the Default forum theme. (blue/white)

Edit: nevermind, not true. I had to allow a script, which is up to the user to allow/not allow if they use such browser tools.

EditEdit: if you're using a scriptblocker tool, it's the amazonaws one you have to allow, or you won't be spoiler-protected.

And now on to more about the cinema, motion picture, nikelodeon world...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I tried to post in the previous thread, but the new forum had logged me out and wouldn't recognize my credentials. So I accidentally posted as a Guest and got moderated 😛

My new password is 0p3r@1!0n 7@13x 1ur173 obviously, so now I can post again.

But now I don't want to say clever things about Avengers anymore.

Just that LadyCrimson needn't watch it. She has played enough JRPGs to know how the plot goes ;)

• Thanks 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Saw it yesterday. Spent 40 dollars on food and drink. That place had good bar burgers and fries, though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The Three Caballeros (1944).

tMQRx5h.gif

Really weird, bizarre, and kind of off-putting movie that still had a lot of interesting stuff. Some of it seemed kind of acid-induced.

The "Love is a Drug" scene:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:02 AM, Tale said:

Saw it yesterday. Spent 40 dollars on food and drink. That place had good bar burgers and fries, though.

I did too. The venue was just outside work so that was pretty comfortable, and had a pretty nice Pringles-coke combo which completely violates the Kermode Code of Conduct but still made me quite giddy. Screen was half-full, oddly enough, but luckily not too noisy (which was for the better since the audio seemed a bit on the low end). It was somewhat annoying that the theatre doesn't number its seats, which should by now be a standard across all theatre chains. The service otherwise was good, the room was pretty clean and the chairs rather comfortable. The hallway leading into the screen was curiously long and winding, and was reminiscent of a precolombine shrine in its almost womblike structure.

dbdhcc6-d7eb1eb0-9c3e-4f40-a250-8a1d6965

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, Amentep said:

Avengers - Watchable but overrated.  So obvious so boring. Only a things were remotely memorable but coulda been worse.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

El Topo. It was weird, I liked it but not too much.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

34 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Just saw Avengers

It was a movie

good news for shady is there is another rian johnson movie on the way

Knives Out

am always a bit suspicious o' overt overstuffed casts, but maybe this gets shady to 2-2 on johnson... which sounds a bit gross and a little lewd 'pon momentary reflection.  apologies.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

10 hours ago, TrueNeutral said:

Just came back from Endgame. Loved it, despite some of it making no sense at all.

Hide contents

I can't believe Hulk and Thanos did a fusion dance and became Thulkos.

Also, can't wait for the broflakes to get pissy over that one scene. You know the one.

I wonder who gets there first. There are scenes to get angry over for everyone.

I guess there'll be some outrage over Black Widow sacrificing herself for an angry white male, even though it makes perfect sense for the character to do just that.

3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Just saw Avengers

It was a movie

Sums up my feelings pretty well. I was pleasantly surprised by Infinity War, now I'm a bit disappointed by Endgame, and at the risk of making this weird, Volo is actually partially right for a change. Everything happens in exactly the way it has to, and while I don't agree that the film was boring, it sure felt longer than it was.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Last night I watched the Bruce Willis version of Death Wish. It sucked. The 70's version with Charles Bronson was better... a little at least. But of course they ruined that with sequels. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I posted this in a DC subreddit:

MCU vs. DCEU is kinda like Coke vs. Pepsi.

DCEU is the Pepsi.

And got immediately banned by the subreddit.  DC fanboi are really butthurting right now.

Edited by ktchong

I prefer those fancy sodas with real sugar instead of corn syrup. What's that like?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, KaineParker said:

I prefer those fancy sodas with real sugar instead of corn syrup. What's that like?

have a root beer.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am pretty sure they sell the real sugar stuff in mega-bulk at costco.

Edited by Gromnir
ps
  • Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)