Wag More Bark Less -- Cute and Funny Animal Pics

rjshae

Since it's a Monday and we're all likely in need of some general cuteness...

We return, once again, to the flying sky puppies.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

50 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Can anyone who has a cat explain to me why they attack people like this? I'm talking about the second case. The first one deserved it.🤣

Research Proves Cats are Neurotic And Would Try To Kill You If They Were Bigger. :lol:

My cats are super sweet. When we play, they never try to inflict pain, they keep their claws retracted and grip lightly with their teeth. It impressed me that they instinctually knew the difference between fighting and playing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 6

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just to say ... I don't really have a "bucket list" but if I did it would be to visit that cat island at least once.  I hear they've spayed/neutered most of the cats there now so in another 10-20 years it won't be as over-run.  If hubby dies unexpectedly, I wonder if they'd mind if I lugged 500lbs of cat food over there and moved into an abandoned house.  Just retire/die there.  No cats in my tiny hut (allergies), but just go outside, play with cats all day, go inside/shower, sleep, wake up, repeat.  I wouldn't even need video games.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

On 1/19/2021 at 6:51 AM, InsaneCommander said:

Can anyone who has a cat explain to me why they attack people like this? I'm talking about the second case.

Based on the sounds and initial laughter and old man's anticipatory grin I'd guess they make the cat curious/go into hunt mode making scratchy or other noises.  It's like if you wiggle your toes under a blanket while in bed and a cat stalks/hunts/attacks them.  The cat hitting the actual face I'm not sure about, unless it has something to do with reflections on the eyeglasses or the grin (teeth baring), or its just the area the cat knew it could reach from a floor jump.

Anyway - cats go into hunt-mode because of sound and movement. The more you "play" with them like that the more likely they are to react to stuff like that even if you aren't doing it intentionally.  Edit: I had a cat once who I'd pat my shoulder and he'd jump from floor to the shoulder/back.  After a while he'd do it without me signalling and thus I'd just be bent over a table or something and suddenly have a cat flying onto my back causing me to shriek in surprise, especially if I had no clothes on/claws.  :lol:  EditEdit: he liked piggyback airplane rides

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

HA! Good Fun!

• Gasp! 1