Forum Comments and Issues Repository

SChin

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

Are backer tags showing as text for anyone else?

Hey ShadySands,

I'm definitely seeing that, so thank you for letting us know!  I'll let our web developer know so he can look into what happened to the images and get them back up :)

Thanks for all the help!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I don't know when this happen but I want my forum rank back, I was almost Obsidian Grand dragon! Why do you think I grind posts on this forum!?

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

15 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Hey Guys, I don't know when this happen but I want my forum rank back, I was almost Obsidian Grand dragon! Why do you think I grind posts on this forum!?

Hey Chilloutman,

Sorry for any weirdness with the ranking system.  Invision, the folks whose system we use to run our forums had a major update that we applied a couple months ago that got rid of the ranking system from the thread page, but left them on the profile pages of each forum member.  Last I had heard, there wasn't a way we could get them back to the threads again due to the changes Invision made, but I can check with our web developers to make sure that is still the case.  From what I can tell you're 8 points from Arch-Mage!  Well done :) 

Thanks for letting us know about this!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, Deadly_Nightshade said:

Is there any way to change my profile name? The hanging 'e' is bugging me but if not then that's perfectly understandable.

Yeah you can do that, @KP the Torque Dork does that all the time. Go to your account settings in your profile and click change, then confirm your password and set a new display name. :)

Edited by majestic
  • Thanks 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

9 hours ago, majestic said:

Yeah you can do that, @KP the Torque Dork does that all the time

Who?

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

• 4 weeks later...

Just small nitpick but why do we have to click twice to log in? Its fine on PC but it really bothers me on phone

image.png.63ddc0830192a6275aa8d07e920b6fb5.png

there is only one option to sign in with obs ID anyway so what is point of that dropdown?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Hey Chill,

That's a fair callout.  I think that is a leftover of our old system (where we had multiple ways to log in) as we were converting to our current login system.  I put in a request to our web dev to look into making this work off of just 1 click :)

As for Sarex, yea we are still on AWS, though we are just about ready to convert over.  This has been something we wanted to switch over to for some time now, but have been a bit busy to get to.  We are currently testing out the change away from AWS for our login system, the websites, and forums on our testing server and hopefully will have that all pushed live soon :) 

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on the forums!

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Posts being eaten has been a thing with this software since the upgrade some years ago (those of us who have written lengthy posts only to see them mysteriously vanish with no draft saved have learned to always CTRL+A and CTRL+C before posting!), but there seems to be times where it's especially bad and it repeatedly happens.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Maybe the forum software does not like your taste in anime and when it finds something especially egregious it simply tries to stop it. 😛

Edited by Sarex
  • Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

11 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Maybe the forum software does not like your taste in anime and when it finds something especially egregious it simply tries to stop it. 😛

Forum software be like:

eebc45167097d22bfe2fb38dfcbfcc7795944e1f

• Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

26 minutes ago, majestic said:

Forum software be like:

eebc45167097d22bfe2fb38dfcbfcc7795944e1f

Seeing as how it didn't swallow the post I will take that as empirical proof that it must be correct! :)

Edited by Sarex
  • Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Same issue, I was unable to add a list to my post repeatedly on the Grounded Tech Support forums, thus added a screenshot from Notepad.

image.png

Edited by Hawke64
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/129317-the-game-crashes-on-starting-a-new-game/

• 1 month later...

Checking if forum eats my post-first-linebreak stuff in Chrome as it does in Firefox... it did. Editing this post sporadically to try things...

Test.

More test.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Okay.

I believe I have solved it.

Right, so using enter for linebreaks means everything past that linebreak gets removed. I can see it as I submit the post, how the rest just disappears. But, shift+enter is fine. Worked both for editing a post and making a new one.

I attached an image that might be relevant.

2C7XpdD.png

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

9 hours ago, omgFIREBALLS said:

Okay.

I believe I have solved it.

Right, so using enter for linebreaks means everything past that linebreak gets removed. I can see it as I submit the post, how the rest just disappears. But, shift+enter is fine. Worked both for editing a post and making a new one.

I attached an image that might be relevant.

2C7XpdD.png

Thanks! I have let Admin know and they will look into this tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: