Forum Comments and Issues Repository

SChin

Updated hide user and cleanup scripts to work when changing page and adding new post. Yes, they fire every second now. They don't eat up any network traffic and barely do anything so there's no need to really worry about that. Yes, there's better ways of doing this, but I can't really be bothered.

Edited by Fenixp

The updated site looks fine, but it's super irritating having to log in again every single ****ing time I visit the site again. Can this get fixed so that we can stay signed in for a while, or, better yet, permanently? 

Also, how do I edit my sig so that I can get rid of that GARGANTUAN line break?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

The updated site looks fine, but it's super irritating having to log in again every single ****ing time I visit the site again. Can this get fixed so that we can stay signed in for a while, or, better yet, permanently? 

Also, how do I edit my sig so that I can get rid of that GARGANTUAN line break?

I don’t see a gargantuan line break in your sig.

+1 on enabling permanent login or auto login, I think they’re working on that.... I hope...

Edited by smjjames

I dont have any real inconveniences and I think the new  forum design is a real improvement on numerous levels  but where  is the Undo option,  can this be added if it has been removed ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If your session timed out while you were composing a post/reply. Submitting it does not reestablish the session, instead it seems to just fails to post.

The content saving feature helps here, but the usability is a bit awkward as a result.

Edited by injurai

I guess I'm the only one who always logs in every time, everywhere (eg, I'm used to it) because I don't allow perm. cookies.  Also, if I don't log in all the time I will forget my password/s in about 48 hours. 

Composing posts and being timed out tho - yeah, that would be annoying and it's happened to me before elsewhere.  If I think I'm going to spending a lot of time thinking about or writing one up I'll use Notepad and then paste it in later.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'll tell you what I don't like. Not having a separate Preview Post page that I can shuffle to a new tab. Having the Preview show up /cover/replace where the reply box is, then click on X to close it to keep typing or whatever.  I can't really say why I don't like it, but I don't. Maybe because I can't see the Preview and edit the post at the same time. >.>

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is it me or does everyone's signature got significantly bigger? Did Keyrock just recently change their sig to humongous US flag that takes up, like, a third of a page and does not scale when one adjusts window size? 

Also, down with facebook emojis! Gimme back old ones! 

Edited by bugarup
typos

47 minutes ago, bugarup said:

Did Keyrock just recently change their sig to humongous US flag that takes up, like, a third of a page and does not scale when one adjusts window size? 

My flag sig is 285x150 pixels, it shouldn't show up as gigantic unless you are viewing at extremely low resolution. There's a double line break there (at least it shows up for me), where there was no line break before between the flag gif and the link text below it. I'd love to edit the sig to get rid of the line break, but I don't see an option anywhere under edit profile to edit my sig.

As for the old emojis, they're still there, you just need to scroll down past the 1000 crappy facebook emojis to get to them. ;)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I'd love to edit the sig to get rid of the line break, but I don't see an option anywhere under edit profile to edit my sig.

It's not under Edit Profile, it's under Account Settings.

• Thanks 1

Hello, everyone.

I've just found this thread and I haven't really gone through the whole six pages, so my apologies if this has already been brought up.

I really like the new design (and I'm especially fond of the fact that the background is finally dark on mobile too), but it's pretty inconvenient that the forum does not remember me at all and there's no option for it. I have to log back in all the time.

Also, I seem to be getting email notifications instead of forum notifications when threads I follow are answered to. I tried to remove the email notification option from my account settings, but I'm still notified via email. I liked the old forum notifications better, but currently I can't seem to get them.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

For people having trouble with linebreaks, you can use shift+enter for the old single linebreak instead.

• Thanks 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

9 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

It's not under Edit Profile, it's under Account Settings.

4 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

For people having trouble with linebreaks, you can use shift+enter for the old single linebreak instead.

Thanks. With those 2 out of the way, my only issue with the new site now is the constantly needing to sign in thing. Otherwise the new site is *chef kiss*

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

19 hours ago, bugarup said:

Is it me or does everyone's signature got significantly bigger? Did Keyrock just recently change their sig to humongous US flag that takes up, like, a third of a page and does not scale when one adjusts window size? 

A nice new feature is the ability to hide individual members signatures, so if you have like 3 people whose signatures you're tired at staring at, you can hide those 3 people's signatures from your view, yet see everybody else's signatures. That should encourage people to make signatures that aren't too much "in your face", as they will just get hidden by other users over time and not seen anymore.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On 4/28/2019 at 9:40 PM, LadyCrimson said:

I guess I'm the only one who always logs in every time, everywhere (eg, I'm used to it) because I don't allow perm. cookies.  Also, if I don't log in all the time I will forget my password/s in about 48 hours. 

Composing posts and being timed out tho - yeah, that would be annoying and it's happened to me before elsewhere.  If I think I'm going to spending a lot of time thinking about or writing one up I'll use Notepad and then paste it in later.

I'm not a fan of being logged out precisely because of the fact I keep forgetting my passwords and/or email associated with an account.

So having to log in every time is getting a bit ... annoying.

(I can save my log in info, but it takes an extra step for me to go from "log in to Obsidian account" to the page that has that info, instead of just automatically being logged in all the time and being able to post right away)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

After seeing that one of my devices stayed logged-in overnight, it looks like they may have adjusted the session timeout.

A quick scan of the site cookies seems to indicate you should stay logged into the forums for 90 days before a reauth is required.  Horray!

Annnnd now it looks like the cookie is only good for 7 days.   🤷

Edited by Ethics Gradient