Well, maybe Exalted Endurance is what makes the difference. Keep a paladin in your party? Heavy armor plus Thick Skinned goes a long way too. I leaned into the AR and have a Blunting Belt and Dragon Pendant for some pretty heavy physical AR.

I definitely finish some fights with very low HP and sometimes get hit by an enemy and just go down off a no-PEN graze. Like folks have said, not really solo material. But I'm up way more often than I'm down and I hit like a truck. My Watcher has a good 20k more total damage than the next closest party member (though that's also partly due to party composition).

Human, Streetfighter, and items are all a good way to keep track of your HP. Anything that activates when you hit Bloodied or Near Death is useful, because you can see it in your status effects. I like Protective Eothasian Charm because it only pops up at near death and it heals you. But just off race/class, you could go Streetfighter and Death Godlike to have guaranteed notifications of Bloodied and Near Death.

Another option is streetfighter + steel garrote paladin. You lose some speed respect the barbarian, but you get: awesome defences, awesome AR ( up to +4), timeless regen aura, hands of light ( courage + health regen), a lot of FoD. Basically slighly slower ( but as a streetfighter is not so different) but much more sturdy. And over all: as a rogue you have persistent distraction--> enemy is always afflicted unless perception affliction immune/ resistance. And as a steel garrote you will get permanent 15% life leech ( as a rogue dmg is always good).

Guest Arjuna
On 4/25/2019 at 10:35 AM, Taudis said:

Well, maybe Exalted Endurance is what makes the difference. Keep a paladin in your party? Heavy armor plus Thick Skinned goes a long way too. I leaned into the AR and have a Blunting Belt and Dragon Pendant for some pretty heavy physical AR.

I definitely finish some fights with very low HP and sometimes get hit by an enemy and just go down off a no-PEN graze. Like folks have said, not really solo material. But I'm up way more often than I'm down and I hit like a truck. My Watcher has a good 20k more total damage than the next closest party member (though that's also partly due to party composition).

Human, Streetfighter, and items are all a good way to keep track of your HP. Anything that activates when you hit Bloodied or Near Death is useful, because you can see it in your status effects. I like Protective Eothasian Charm because it only pops up at near death and it heals you. But just off race/class, you could go Streetfighter and Death Godlike to have guaranteed notifications of Bloodied and Near Death.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:47 PM, Dr ❤️ said:

Another option is streetfighter + steel garrote paladin. You lose some speed respect the barbarian, but you get: awesome defences, awesome AR ( up to +4), timeless regen aura, hands of light ( courage + health regen), a lot of FoD. Basically slighly slower ( but as a streetfighter is not so different) but much more sturdy. And over all: as a rogue you have persistent distraction--> enemy is always afflicted unless perception affliction immune/ resistance. And as a steel garrote you will get permanent 15% life leech ( as a rogue dmg is always good).

Sorry for the delay answering but I just returned from short holiday trip 😉

Ok, I love the concept of the marauder, I don't mind the micro... I guess I have just try for myself how squishy he would really be...

So, steel carrot sounds very interesting and I am definitely consindering a Holy Slayer with Last Word for a potd solo run. Would you mind sharing your thoughts on attribute spread and skills/talents.

I've read FoD is nerfed and not really necessary. Any input would be mucho appreciated. ;)

Edit: I'd still like to know about the viability of sin tee's shadowdancer build just in case I decide to go this road  because Waski's numbers are so very appealing to me :)

Edited by Arjuna