Way to stack Penetration/reduce AR regardless of weapon type and spells

Hey so trying to figure out what’s the maximum penetration u can get regardless of whatever weapon u use or spell u cast.

1. Blackened Plate gives -1 AR to nearby enemy.

2. Tier 2 Might inspiration/potion of piercing strike/+2 PEN food/weapon modal, to be noted these are considered active bonus and won’t stack with each other.

3. Class only like Devoted/Sharpshooter.

4. Elemental ability like scion of flame.

5. Flanked = -1 AR.

6. There is an amulet grants u random buff, one of it is +1 PEN.

7. The Sanguine sword has an active to reduce enemy slash AR for 20 sec, maybe combine this with frostfall’s +hostile effect duration.

So for a mythical quality 2h axe u can get 8 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 17 Pen, 19 if a devoted. 18/20 if count that amulet. So can we push PEN further? :)

I know certain weapon has better PEN due to its enchantment, but I’m hoping to find more generic way to increase PEN, not only work with specific weapon.

Also to make flanked a valid choice, anyone know which figure summons the tankiest summon?

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 2

Cipher's Hammering Thoughts passive: +1

Cipher's Driving Echoes: +8 for an ally

Sharpshooter's passive: +1

Fury's passive: +1 for elemental spells

Figurines have charges now. So you might not want to rely on them. Good source for flanked are all Perception afflictions and Phantom Foes.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I also find there is one bomb that reduce enemy AR by 1, good think is it targets reflex, which most high AR boss lacks. Bad thing is throwing a bomb is slow(0.5/4 sec) and only last 15 secs.

Edit: I totally forget that u can reduce enemy AR by 1 with mace.

Edited by dunehunter

Also to make flanked a valid choice, anyone know which figure summons the tankiest summon?

Yeah, this figure called Phantom Foes :grin:

Also Assassin subclass have +4 Pen bonus for attacks from stealth or invincibility.

Edited by Phenomenum

not sure if it stacks but chanter has a party-wide AOE buff that gives +3 to penetration at late levels (but they also have a cheap -2 armor debuff that refreshes itself)

or (granted this is a bit cheaty but) you can do what i do and modify the penetration mod from russian guy in the mods section to -10% per point of underpen

Edited by Kanasuke

@Kaylon sadly the food Hot Razor Skewers doesn't stack with weapon modal. So only one of these will take into effect: Food, Potion, Inspiration or Modal. Tested in the latest version.

After further test, I think there's some issue with stats stacking in current version of the game, sometimes the Penetration from weapon modal stacks with rest bonus, sometimes not. Raised a bug https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/109198-412-major-bug-passive-penetration-bonus-not-stack-correctly-with-active-bonus/?do=findComment&comment=2153203

Edited by dunehunter

• 1 year later...
On 4/21/2019 at 1:31 PM, dunehunter said:

Hey so trying to figure out what’s the maximum penetration u can get regardless of whatever weapon u use or spell u cast.

1. Blackened Plate gives -1 AR to nearby enemy.

2. Tier 2 Might inspiration/potion of piercing strike/+2 PEN food/weapon modal, to be noted these are considered active bonus and won’t stack with each other.

3. Class only like Devoted/Sharpshooter.

4. Elemental ability like scion of flame.

5. Flanked = -1 AR.

6. There is an amulet grants u random buff, one of it is +1 PEN.

7. The Sanguine sword has an active to reduce enemy slash AR for 20 sec, maybe combine this with frostfall’s +hostile effect duration.

So for a mythical quality 2h axe u can get 8 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 17 Pen, 19 if a devoted. 18/20 if count that amulet. So can we push PEN further? :)

I know certain weapon has better PEN due to its enchantment, but I’m hoping to find more generic way to increase PEN, not only work with specific weapon.

Very useful!

I just noticed that Saint Omaku's warbow gives you +2 as a part of its enchantment. It is slower than other warbows, but that shouldn't matter in turn-based.