Happy Easter All

BruceVC

Happy Easter All  :thumbsup: (sorry its late )

To all Christians this is a very significant holiday and time to reflect on the spiritual  importance of this holiday around the resurrection, in SA we are  about 75 % Christian and for  many of my  friends this weekend matters so it matters to me 

I am spending this weekend at our beach cottage with my Durban family, we have just had an Easter egg hunt with one of my brothers 2 daughters ... " the Easter bunny managed to come and still plant eggs in the garden even though its raining "  (he is quite industrious despite logistical challengers around transport  ;) )

I hope everyone has a good and restful weekend  irrespective of belief 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. And they said unto them, "Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen"

Happy Easter everyone! 

Is it inappropriate to drink beer while watching a ball game today? Asking for a friend. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. And they said unto them, "Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen"

Happy Easter everyone! 

Is it inappropriate to drink beer while watching a ball game today? Asking for a friend. 

Nothing wrong with that, tell your friend its fine  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Happy co-opted pagan fertility festival. :)

Cultural appropriation keeps the world turning.

:biggrin:  :biggrin: I always find most discussions what really defines " cultural appropriation "  annoying and selective ...and counter productive to real societal issues 

John Milton