So I'm sure most of us watched the video on YouTube where they ask the creators a series of questions about the game. I was quite excited when they mentioned that they will not be incorporating microtransactions. My only concern is it being an RPG game, having the ablity to customize the look of your character and the Cosmetics of your character, I don't understand why there isn't a third person option. Personally I don't see the point of going in that much detail for customisation if you can't see it. Going off of Obsidian's previous titles their dialogue and cinematics never really changed from the first person view. Which doesn't bother me because during gameplay we are able to switch to third person and see the gear and equipment on your character. I'm just a little confused on why incorporate customizable options if we might not be able to see it. I generally play in first person but I like taking screenshots on top of mountains in third person. I really hope they implement it in the game somehow. I'm still super excited for this game and this being the only negative thing I can see this being a game of the year in my eyes. Fingers crossed.

choose first person over third doesn't make sense

since third person cause way less nausea when climbing the stairs

and the game seems to have a lot of stairs and corridors

maybe third person are more expansive to make?

Edited by uuuhhii

Would make it easier to be able to switch. I know they did it with new Vegas. But it wouldn't make sense to have customizable options if we cant see them. I'm sure they have thought of this and hope they have a way around it. First person is nice in a RPG but it does tend to get a bit nauseous after awhile but you do get over it. I just know with previous titles and with the customizable options they had it wouldnt make sense to not be able to see it.

Not more expensive, just different area design to suit third person camera angles. If you're going for third person AND first person then you're always going to get ****ty piece of both. Third person games have been propperly built for years, in fact most games from Japan are third person. Only a handful of shooters are first person. The only thing that you need to take into account is animation when you create a third person character. Games such as Fallout 3 and New Vegas and even Skyrim have ultra ****ty third person animation and design. Fallout 4 was A LOT better, but still not perfect because in essence the game was primarily designed for first person. So camera angles and certain shooting angles were busted.

Edited by AeonsLegend

Not more expensive, just different area design to suit third person camera angles. If you're going for third person AND first person then you're always going to get ****ty piece of both. Third person games have been propperly built for years, in fact most games from Japan are third person. Only a handful of shooters are first person. The only thing that you need to take into account is animation when you create a third person character. Games such as Fallout 3 and New Vegas and even Skyrim have ultra ****ty third person animation and design. Fallout 4 was A LOT better, but still not perfect because in essence the game was primarily designed for first person. So camera angles and certain shooting angles were busted.

first person was great for picking up stuff in skyrim and recent fallout

but third person was necessary for avoid sticking the camera on all those repetitive dungeon walls with only a few kind of different texture

but third person was necessary for avoid sticking the camera on all those repetitive dungeon walls with only a few kind of different texture

Yea but the camera isn't buitl for third person in Bethesda games. Shooting around a corner with clear view of your enemy in your reticule will still have you hit the wall. Third person was just slapped on. I do enjoy playing third person,I mostly prefer it over first person. Especially if the game has character creation so I can actually see my character when I play.

Yea but the camera isn't buitl for third person in Bethesda games. Shooting around a corner with clear view of your enemy in your reticule will still have you hit the wall. Third person was just slapped on. I do enjoy playing third person,I mostly prefer it over first person. Especially if the game has character creation so I can actually see my character when I play.

Basically how I feel. I like seeing my character but when it comes to combat I usually used 1st person but enjoyed using vats in 3rd. Plus screen shots I'm all about epic screen shots. Hard to get a good one in 1st person. I hope they incorporate it in some way.

Unfortunately in recent years i have been getting bad motion sickness playing first person games. Really annoying i was fine for years then all of a sudden it started happening. To a point where i felt ill for the rest of the day.

nowt

Unfortunately in recent years i have been getting bad motion sickness playing first person games. Really annoying i was fine for years then all of a sudden it started happening. To a point where i felt ill for the rest of the day.

I don't think I've ever heard that before. That sucks man. So many good First person games out there. You will miss out on Cyberpunk as well then which is probably the only game I look forward to right now. (even with Borderlands 3 coming out)

I don't think I've ever heard that before. That sucks man. So many good First person games out there. You will miss out on Cyberpunk as well then which is probably the only game I look forward to right now. (even with Borderlands 3 coming out)

I've been feeling motion sickness too. Although most of the first person shooter I played in the past where on console. I don't know if the distance had anything to do with it. If it is I should go back to using the 20-20-20 more often.

• 4 weeks later...

To the post above, yes, a silent segment of gamers getting motion sick in FPV is very real.  I suffer as well, and too f__ing bad devs do not pay attention...

Those that say 3rd party modded cameras will save the day are naive.  Most FPV-only games have crappy player animations because it makes it much MUCH simpler to finish the game without all the proper mocap for player avatar in 3rd person.  Also set design does not have to take into account camera clipping into walls etc...  The TPV mod for Kingdom Come reveals just how bad/poor/cheap the developers paid attention to player avatar, though who knows the reason for this, money or some other aspect of their strange combat system.

To those that think people who get game-motion sick are babies and need to man-up, well I challenge you to get on a boat in rough weather and see who vomits first; it will be you not me.

Edited by Bandy

15 hours ago, Bandy said:

To the post above, yes, a silent segment of gamers getting motion sick in FPV is very real.  I suffer as well, and too f__ing bad devs do not pay attention...

Those that say 3rd party modded cameras will save the day are naive.  Most FPV-only games have crappy player animations because it makes it much MUCH simpler to finish the game without all the proper mocap for player avatar in 3rd person.  Also set design does not have to take into account camera clipping into walls etc...  The TPV mod for Kingdom Come reveals just how bad/poor/cheap the developers paid attention to player avatar, though who knows the reason for this, money or some other aspect of their strange combat system.

To those that think people who get game-motion sick are babies and need to man-up, well I challenge you to get on a boat in rough weather and see who vomits first; it will be you not me.

Motion sickness is bloody horrible. It's not just first person games however, I recently tried Mad Max on the PS4, and felt extremely nauseous within the first ten mins of gameplay. Why oh whyyyyyy?! I never used to be like this playing games!

nowt

I think it's different from motion sickness as most people know it. My wife has a severe case of motion sickness. She cannot be on a boat. She hates driving because it makes her nauseous. Anything with actual motion has her feeling queezy. She does however play a ton of 1st person video games and never ever gets motion skickness. I'm making some assumptions here, but I think the "true" motion sickness in real life has to do with actual motion while in video games it's solely what your brain tells you. Ie. how your brain is fooling you. In both cases your brain gives you faulty information on what's going on, but with actual motion the motion is an external factor while in video games it's an imaginary one.

1 hour ago, AeonsLegend said:

I think it's different from motion sickness as most people know it. My wife has a severe case of motion sickness. She cannot be on a boat. She hates driving because it makes her nauseous. Anything with actual motion has her feeling queezy. She does however play a ton of 1st person video games and never ever gets motion skickness. I'm making some assumptions here, but I think the "true" motion sickness in real life has to do with actual motion while in video games it's solely what your brain tells you. Ie. how your brain is fooling you. In both cases your brain gives you faulty information on what's going on, but with actual motion the motion is an external factor while in video games it's an imaginary one.

There are many variation of motion sickness and different degree for each. For example, for me FPS (FP in general) is no go. And there are even TP cameras mods that make me sick. I also can not travel by car/bus as a passenger - but I do feel Ok if driving myself. See? It can well mix (and make your life miserable). Some people say they managed to adapt or even cure themselves by gradually increasing playtime...  It might be even true, but I suspect after second attempt to "extend the game time" I would simply condition myself to vomit at the near sight of game logo.

The point is, there are many gamers in need of TPV just to be able to play the game.