But what is the effect of Int on DW and Wounding Shot then ? Does ot increase the damages done above 30% ?

Don't know. For DW, Int's shouldn't affect on total damage. i'll test it later.

sorry i should've been more clear. What I meant was that of the known buggy issues directly related to applyovertime, it's "just" might scaling being much lower than usual versus your latter claim that intellect scaling isn't working (see the linked thread).

Still don't understand, what do you mean. Lost in translation, literally. :grin:

based on patch notes and the linked thread, the tooltips for the "applyovertime" style effects don't show the impact of intellect, but intellect does affect the actual effect when you use it in combat. i haven't verified conclusively, but I seem to recall that cleansing flame (which uses applyovertime) does do more or less based on intellect when you actually use it. This is even if the tooltip specifies that it does a fixed % of weapon damage. (I don't know if Unbending uses "applyovertime", but despite it saying that it heals a set amount of health based on damage received that doesn't vary with intellect, it scales with intellect and even with Salvation of Time. I imagine other "applyovertime" effects are similar.) "might" scaling is also something that has historically been an issue, and doesn't appear to work correctly (being too weak, and dependent on base duration), so of the "already known to be broken about applyovertime" only might is truly broken - intellect is just a tooltip display issue.

There's a separate, newer discovered issue that applyovertime might also be doing a little more than what its tooltip says, and it appears related to a "tick" of damage being done upon hit (like other DoTs) that may not have been accounted for in the original tooltip. So Deep Wounds does 20% over time, at 10% per tick, but 10% is also done immediately, for a total of 30% at neutral intellect.

based on patch notes and the linked thread, the tooltips for the "applyovertime" style effects don't show the impact of intellect, but intellect does affect the actual effect when you use it in combat. i haven't verified conclusively, but I seem to recall that cleansing flame (which uses applyovertime) does do more or less based on intellect when you actually use it. This is even if the tooltip specifies that it does a fixed % of weapon damage.

Ok, now i get it. Maybe it is, maybe not, or maybe it differs from one DoT ability to another... Unfortunally it's very time consuming to test all DoT's  - hopefully, Obidian have QA team for this task... or whatever they call a QA team... ;)

• 1 year later...

Does anybody know what the current state of these DoT-bugs is at the moment? For example, disintegration in my tooltip is described like a "normal" ApplyOnTick ability, unfortunately I can't test the ability right now. I see that the community patch (which I have installed) has fixed Cleansing Flame to ApplyOnTick (insteado f ApplyOverTime), but I don't find a similar change to other bugged DoT-effects in the mod description.

1 hour ago, Bosmer said:

Does anybody know what the current state of these DoT-bugs is at the moment? For example, disintegration in my tooltip is described like a "normal" ApplyOnTick ability, unfortunately I can't test the ability right now. I see that the community patch (which I have installed) has fixed Cleansing Flame to ApplyOnTick (insteado f ApplyOverTime), but I don't find a similar change to other bugged DoT-effects in the mod description.

I can't speak about the community patch, but for vanilla game, I tried my best to sum it up here:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/applyontick-vs-applyovertime

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thelee said:

I can't speak about the community patch, but for vanilla game, I tried my best to sum it up here:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/applyontick-vs-applyovertime

Yes, the info provided by your guide is where my initial worries came from :)

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

With Community Patch all wonky DoTs (that I know about) got their mechanics and descriptions fixed. 

Thank you, great to hear! This mod is a masterpiece :)