Politics and Statesmenship: A Forum Special Report

Amentep

Creepy Joe is leading the polls because all those polls are manipulated and skewed by the mainstream media.

For example: a very recent CNN poll actually EXCLUDED everyone under the age of 50 due to its biased methodology. Yet, CNN and other mainstream media outlets just reported the poll result as the matter-of-fact – thereby misleading the public into thinking Creepy Joe is leading everyone else by double digits.   Here is a YouTube video that looks into the detailed date of the poll. The video succinctly analyzes/breaks own the poll and its methodology – and shows how CNN actually “cooked” the poll to skew the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcHeWGOnCAI

Basically, CNN found a way to exclude the entire “18-34” and “35-49” age groups from the result, (i.e., not enough sample sizes for those age groups so those age groups were completely excluded in the result.) So the poll result actually included ONLY the “50-64” and “65+” age groups. However, CNN did NOT disclose that important little detail when reporting the poll result to the public. CNN deliberately misled people into thinking the poll was representative of the entire US population.

In another instance, MSNBC straight out LIED about a poll by Monmouth University. In the poll, Bernie was leading.   Yet MSNBC reported it completely backward - reporting the WRONG poll numbers and WRONG polling results for the exact same poll from the same date.   A Redditor actually looked into the original polls - and caught the MSNBC’s blatant "discrepancies" . MSNBC has never bothered to correct, retract or apologize for the “misreporting”.  Apparently that was not the first time people had notice the mainstream media making "mistakes" with their reports on polls:

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldpolitics/comments/bjemsd/this_kind_of_things_seems_to_happen_a_lot_when/

Trump is despicable but he is absolutely 100-percent correct on one thing: the mainstream media is FAKE NEWS.

Edited by ktchong

59884928_2220471248020344_59747734970318

😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You're just saying that because he voted for the Iraq war, he likes **** Cheney, he is against Medicare For All, he is ostensibly in favor of continuing the war on drugs and he's hosted by Comcast.

But really, they are nothing alike!

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

[url=https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/442144-republican-senator-calls-for-hearing-on-military-intervention-in-venezuela]A Republican Senator[/url] calls for a hearing on military intervention in Venezuela and its not Rand Paul. I’m a bit surprised that the Republicans are asking about it, but good on them for actually trying to do oversight. 

Edit: Anybody else having issues with the format buttons on the top not turning off easily on mobile?

Edited by smjjames

Lol:

All right, so not only does he unironically quote literally literally Hitler... the idea in question was famously associated with the biggest military miscalculation in history.

You just can't make this **** up.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

6 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Lol:

All right, so not only does he unironically quote literally literally Hitler... the idea in question was famously associated with the biggest military miscalculation in history.

Source that it’s a Hitler quote? It seems too generic to be attributable to any one person, sounds like something Churchill would say, for one. As for military mistake, I’m sure historians would argue over which one was the biggest blunder, but I assume maybe you’re referring to Hitlers attempt to invade Russia?

Also, the quote would make more sense if he said ‘structural support beam/column rather than door because doors aren’t normally critical for structural integrity. 

33 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Source that it’s a Hitler quote? It seems too generic to be attributable to any one person, sounds like something Churchill would say, for one. As for military mistake, I’m sure historians would argue over which one was the biggest blunder, but I assume maybe you’re referring to Hitlers attempt to invade Russia?

Also, the quote would make more sense if he said ‘structural support beam/column rather than door because doors aren’t normally critical for structural integrity. 

The quote is attributed to Hitler by William L. Shirer in The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich: A History of Nazi Germany. It may be an apocryphal quote alright, but to my knowledge it's attributed to no one else since the book was published in 1960. Or should I say, it was attributed to no one else until May 1st, 2019.

And yeah, considering that the end result of Operation Barbarossa was around 5 million dead on the Axis side and the complete defeat of the regime -military occupation of the capital included- by their would-be victim four years after the offensive was launched, you'll be hard-pressed to find a bigger strategic error in judgment.

Edited by 213374U
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

59129565_1196176487211886_29012141975787

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

7 hours ago, 213374U said:

Lol:

quagmire-word-nerd.jpg

Let's all dive in!

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

On 4/30/2019 at 10:56 PM, Bartimaeus said:

Q: Did Bob Mueller support your conclusion?
A: I don’t know whether Bob Mueller supported my conclusion.
Q: Reports have emerged recently, general, that members of the Special Counsel's team are frustrated at some level with the limited information included in your March 24th letter. Do you know what they are referencing with that?
A: No, I don't.

-Attorney General Barr's Congressional Testimony on 4/10

"Mueller reportedly wrote a letter to Attorney General Barr objecting to his conclusion that Trump did not obstruct justice in the Russia probe" on 3/27.

Whoops.

Can someone please explain to me how this isn't a lie? 

Free games updated 3/4/21

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

Can someone please explain to me how this isn't a lie? 

is akin to clinton "sexual relations" lies, but this is the out for Barr:

"Reports have emerged recently, general, that members of the Special Counsel's team are frustrated at some level with the limited information included in your March 24th letter. Do you know what they are referencing with that?"

Barr spoke with mueller after mueller sent letters. however, Barr wasn't asked 'bout mueller in the question quoted.  "members" (plural) o' the team were "frustrated at some level." okie dokie. Barr is gonna say he don't genuine know what is frustrating members o' the team as he never had a chance to speak to 'em and the question is vague and broad enough that "they" could mean just 'bout anybody on mueller's team. he cannot genuine speak for those indefinite members o' the team the question fails to specify. 

sure, is a lie for any normal thinking person who isn't an attorney... which may be a kinda oxymoron.  is still a lie given Barr no doubt knew what the questioner were attempting to divine and he chose to provide an answer which he would know or should know would mislead a reasonable listener. nevertheless, there is wiggle room, and the ag is gonna get benefit o' the doubt particular as any investigation would be handled by the justice department.

is a flaw in the system btw, and is the great misunderstanding many have with Barr's seeming presumption o' trump innocence. gotte keep in mind that the AG only exists at the whim o' the chief executive. unlike Congress and the Courts, the entirety o' the executive branch power and authority as described in the Constitution is invested in one person: The President of the United States of America. how does potus obstruct justice if he/she is the entirety o' the justice department? carried to ultimate conclusions, such absolutist thinking results in complete impractical resolutions which the Courts has thankful balked at embracing. 

in other words, may not be able to pin liar label on Barr particular snug, but is no question he were misleading... which should be just as bad... which is the real tragedy o' the polarization which has sent each party to their fox holes at the lunatic fringe. mueller were never gonna find collusion 'cause collusion ain't a crime. nevertheless, mueller found a whole bunch o' russian entanglements by the trump campaign, not to mention lies by President and others regarding such entanglements. mueller found numerous instances which revealed that the President interfered and attempted to interfere with the russia investigation.  is literal dozens o' lies by the President catalogued by mueller and keep in mind mueller only tallied lies which were material to his investigation.

keep in mind we expressed same frustration with clinton emails.  republicans were working so hard to get a crime to pin on clinton when what they shoulda' been doing is exposing how brobdingnagian were her negligence and or stoopidity. comey actual tried to express how singular unique were clinton's mishandling o' the emails, but all republicans wanted to hear were that clinton should be charged. comey threw clinton under the metaphorical bus, but somehow such got complete lost after he observed how no prosecutor would seek to charge clinton given the evidence.

having read the muller report entrie at this point, am unable to look at Barr's four-pager and subsequent presser as anything but misleading.  questions before Congress also were evasive to the point o' arguable deceit. perjury should be almost immaterial as we are talking 'bout a political appointee. brave new world, eh?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Isn't Israel always harping on about Iran planning to do something real soon

"It is still unclear to us what the Iranians are trying to do and how they are planning to do it, but it is clear to us that the Iranian temperature is on the rise as a result of the growing U.S. pressure campaign against them, and they are considering retaliating against U.S. interests in the Gulf."

Pretty funny statement on the face of it. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Netanyahu and Trump does seem to have a rather cozy romance with each other going on there. Love conquers all after all, so no need for real justification for their actions. Too much trouble at home? Create bigger problems abroad.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein