Enchanting Level vs Character Level Chart?

No chart, nowhere in game or on the internet. In fact people have asked on other forums and get the same garbage answers that keep saying it’s attached to character level (ya, NS idiots, where’s the chart that shows progression so we can plan enchanting builds?) I’m character level 10 and would like to know what level I need to get enchanting 5? I’m currently level 4 enchanting.

Why is enchanting and crafting so bad in this game? It feels so unfinished. The game screws you on enchanting if you mess up by not allowing removal of enchantments, but refuses to give you the information you need to plan. Nice. Brilliant.

Maybe spell/ability levels? The only other "enchantment levels" I can think of would be quality on weapons, which is in no way tied to character level

E: NS is, ahem, a rude way of saying "that is obvious". The N stands for "no"...

Edited by house2fly

Yeah it wasn't a 100% serious question. ;)

There are no enchantment levels I can think of. Usually you can enchant whatever you like as long as you have the stuff (gems, money etc.) for it.

But maybe it's different on consoles?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Maybe he means stuff like you have to be level 4 to enchant equipment to "Fine" quality, 8 for "Exceptional", 12 for "Superb" etc. I think you also have level requirements to add stuff like "slaying" enchantments to weapons.

You also have to be level 3 to craft "level 2" potions, level 5 for "level 3" potions etc

Much easier solution (instead of labelling people as idiots) would be just to go into the crafting menu within the game, since it tells you the requirements you need in there.

One thing I do agree on as a big frustration is that you can't remove enchantments. If I enchant the armour I really like for, say +2 CON but later I find the belt for +3 CON and now I want to change my armour enchantment to +2 DEX for instance, I can't, you totally have to suck up the redundant enchantment. In a game that lets you retrain everything even about your characters, being unable to change enchantments is a bad flaw and very user unfriendly (especially for players who don't know every nuance of the game inside out).

• Like 1

Remember that retraining was not a thing on release but got added later - with a patch.

Maybe the players weren't as vocal about removing/reapplying enchantments as they were about retraining.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to remove enchantments, but the lack of this option doesn't warrant statements such as "ya, NS idiots, where’s the chart?"

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods