Mac Graphics Glitch on Water in Old City Ruins

ReynardTheFox

Question

Description:

1) Water whited out, and the opacity covers characters and interactable objects

2) Crash on every Quit to Desktop

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

1) I have tried to solve #1 with a pretty wid range of graphics settings, and an uninstall/reinstall, but using the original save game files.  Any load of this map creates the problem.

2)  Any quit-to-desktop causes the problem.

Important Files:

I found everything but crash output.  There isn't one in the same folder as the .app

System Specs

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

• Like 3

Amen on that, I have the same specific graphics issues, I have the same iMac setup; mid 2015, 27", 32 Gigs of Ram, etc.  No hacks, no mods, Retina gfx (simply stunning color and depth in game) ... the general is I have opacity, screen issues in turn based... At sea, triggered during ship to ship boarding & combat, during which seems to trigger when mouse accesses any of the menus... also same gfx corruption issues in background areas of Delvers Row but at a far minor extent.  At sea it's impossible to fight ship to ship as whole screen is either white or black with slight color line hints showing through  - frustrating and impossible to play.  Crashes on exit to desktop.  Adjusted gfx down to lowest level, also turned off Night View - no dice.  I know you guys will do your best to find and fix this - I cannot find my save file to send you.  I will try to post a screen shot...

MD

Washington

USA

post-232676-0-69867800-1554750404_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OK I have since reloaded an existing UI saved game (not TB) and it's the same story on the sea ship board fighting as well as Delver's Row...  Sounds like the latest Mac OS update may have stepped on something... just my best guess... 

None of this is criticism, it is for the betterment of a wonderful game...!!

MD

Washington State

USA

• Like 2

Hey everyone,

Sorry for this graphical issue on your Mac versions of Deadfire and thank you for reporting this and supplying screenshots.  We will take a look into this issue to see what we can come up with as a resolution.  If you notice this in other areas, please continue to post about them here so I can look into those as well.

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience this causing your playthroughs.

• Like 2

Hey everyone,

Sorry for this graphical issue on your Mac versions of Deadfire and thank you for reporting this and supplying screenshots.  We will take a look into this issue to see what we can come up with as a resolution.  If you notice this in other areas, please continue to post about them here so I can look into those as well.

Hi,

I tried to attach files to my first post and I couldn't because my account was brand new.  Do you need files or do you already have what you need from others?

• Like 1

- I also found this issue in the Old city when viewing the "Map" it was all corrupted inside it's own window...  go figure.  I tried to trigger the GFX corruption using the typical mouse placement that triggers it in the general Old City screens and it did not show, I also checked the smuggling area and did not see this at all...

Looking forward to the patch...

MD

• Like 3

I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro 2017 model. Never had the issue with water until I went underground into Delver's Row and then the Old City Ruins. I'm hoping it'll go away when I leave the area. My best guess is that it's specific to this area, though I have no idea why. Below are two screenshots I took while in the ruins. The glitch is occurring in the map, too.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2019 at 5:41 PM, SChin said:

Hey everyone,

I am on a different playthrough, fresh install, same problem. 

Edit: same place, too.  I should clarify that I don't think it is in a section with water.  It's the lower right side of the map for Old City Overlook.

Edited by ReynardTheFox
add details

I came today looking for answers to this very question. Seeing it in Delver's Row, the Old City, the Old City Overlook, and in the Old City Ruins. Made finding MODWYR very difficult and two really interesting fights where I couldn't see the enemies or the terrain. I had to hold the Tab key down the whole time just to know what I was fighting. 

This isn't my first time through the game. I was trying out different character styles. But this is making some of the Old City nearly impossible to search. I'm not even going to try to get by the spirits and the sigils to find that guy stuck in the corner yet. That whole area is white out. 

I'm running on a 2017 iMac 21.5 inch. Stock model with the 4K Retina display and Radeon Pro 560 graphics with 4GB. OS is 10.14.4.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 2:22 PM, LotharVI said:

Has anyone reloaded their mac system software IOS 10.14.3 to see if this goes away?

Switched to a new mac a couple days ago. First os update only moved it to 10.14.1, and I turned off updating so that I could revisit the Old City areas in the game. Sure enough the problem is gone. Interestingly, I noticed an overlap between the whited out areas and an effect on the map on this OS version where a circle shaped area gets darkened in a little. It would seem that whatever was causing that effect is what is now glitching in OSX 10.14.4. Will attach screenshots below, possibly in multiple replies because of the size.

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 1.21.15 PM.png

• Like 2