What's Kraken Eye Used For?

1 hour ago, xzar_monty said:

Yes, I noticed this one, too. I'm not entirely sure if it's a bug or a feature, but either way it's strange.

It's a bug. Somehow the weapon doesn't switch to it's secondary damage type. I usually add a Morningstar to the person using the Voulge just in case.

The problem is that the code first checks for keywords such as "burn" that might be attached to the weapon or ability attack roll. And if it has those and the enemy is immune the rest (like PEN vs. this might be better than vs. that and stuff) doesn't get checked at all.

First weapons themselves didn't have such keywords and players complained a bit since it would make sense that certain weapons should profit from Scion of Flame, fire Power Level boosts and so on. So they got those keyword. Then this problem appeared and never got fixed. It's also hard to mod away, but possible (with secret keywords iirc).

So it's only the weapons that have such a keyword that suffer this "bug". Bows against skeletons should deal slash damage though. 

Edited by Boeroer
clarify

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

The problem is that the code first checks for keywords such as "burn" that might be attached to the weapon or ability. And if it has those and the enemy is immune the rest (like PEN vs. this might be better than vs. that and stuff) doesn't get checked at all.

First weapons themselves didn't have such keywords and players complained a bit since it would make sense that certain weapons should profit from Scion of Flame, fire Power Level boosts and so on. So they got those keyword. Then this problem appeared and never got fixed. It's also hard to mod away, but possible (with secret keywords iirc).

So it's only the weapons that have such a keyword that suffer this "bug". Bows against skeletons should deal slash damage though. 

Sounds like that should have never made it out of patch testing. Makes sense now that I think about it. Meh. Annoying.

36 minutes ago, AeonsLegend said:

It's a bug. Somehow the weapon doesn't switch to it's secondary damage type. I usually add a Morningstar to the person using the Voulge just in case.

Fair enough. Given how good the game is, for the most part, some of the bugs and quest oversights(*) are quite frankly astonishing. But all in all, I was very happy, and Deadfire was certainly worth my money.

(*) Impossible to make reasonable choices, impossible to show various documents around without losing them at the same time.

On 3/23/2020 at 11:48 AM, xzar_monty said:

I'm not sure what the definitions are (in terms of percentages and slash/pierce, and so on), but in my view it's only good that skeletons are 100% immune to bows, for rather obvious reasons. Keeping crush weapons as backup is highly recommended, and I do it, too.

You are right, It is a bow problem, i didn't had this problem as wizard with scepters, same with Eder with sword...

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

20 hours ago, Boeroer said:

It is. @Phenomenum found a way to mod it out and will most likely include it in the next Community Patch version (if it comes ;)).

I'm working. :grin:

In fact, i've done all technical work, but need to do more tests - it will take some time.

List of fixed weapons/abilities:

Sun and Moon (not sure if it has any problems, need to test)
Grave Calling Sabre
Frostseeker
Frostfall (BoW)
Shattering Head AOE
Dragon's Dowry
Sunlance
Summoned Fire Stag melee attack
Firebrand
Essence Interrupter
Thundercrack Pistol
Conductive Blast Attack
Storm Rune Shot
Lord Darynn's Voulge
Hel Beckoning

Tell me if i missed something.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 6:53 AM, Boeroer said:

What bow was it? War or hunting bow? And some unique one or a "normal" one?

Any bow, war bow, unique bow, unique hunter bow which do electrical/pierce damage (essence interrupter)... this is weird because it happen only with bow, not with sword which have also Pierce/slash dmg..
To be honest, i never tried with non unique hunter bow (i will try)...
Sadly mods don't work on PS4, i wonder if we could modify the save file to make a bow Slash/pierce instead of Pierce/Slash.

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

On 3/26/2020 at 7:02 PM, fced said:

Any bow, war bow, unique bow, unique hunter bow which do electrical/pierce damage (essence interrupter)... this is weird because it happen only with bow, not with sword which have also Pierce/slash dmg..
To be honest, i never tried with non unique hunter bow (i will try)...
Sadly mods don't work on PS4, i wonder if we could modify the save file to make a bow Slash/pierce instead of Pierce/Slash.

Next Patch for PS4 will be released next week if I understood correctly.

So maybe this will get fixed

5 minutes ago, Dyxx said:

Next Patch for PS4 will be released next week if I understood correctly.

So maybe this will get fixed

I saw this also on discord, but this mean they will send it to Sony Certification, and le'ts hope they will fix it. I asked on their discord report bug channel if i could post a link to the topic on this forum with the list of bugs i reported, and without answer my msg have been removed... It's promising.

Maevri is looking everywhere for bug reports, that's what she says.

So I guess she's reading this forum too.

On Discord they said "they'll push these patches live early next week".

So I think there will be a patch live next week

On 3/27/2020 at 7:46 PM, Dyxx said:

Maevri is looking everywhere for bug reports, that's what she says.

So I guess she's reading this forum too.

On Discord they said "they'll push these patches live early next week".

So I think there will be a patch live next week

If she read she could participate... At least...

8 hours ago, Dyxx said:

@fced patch is at sony, will be live soon !

Thank you for relaying the info, I was on discord sooner and saw the msg from Lance, it is sad they don't come participate on the forum ...

On 3/25/2020 at 12:15 PM, Phenomenum said:

I'm working. :grin:

In fact, i've done all technical work, but need to do more tests - it will take some time.

List of fixed weapons/abilities:

Sun and Moon (not sure if it has any problems, need to test)
Grave Calling Sabre
Frostseeker
Frostfall (BoW)
Shattering Head AOE
Dragon's Dowry
Sunlance
Summoned Fire Stag melee attack
Firebrand
Essence Interrupter
Thundercrack Pistol
Conductive Blast Attack
Storm Rune Shot
Lord Darynn's Voulge
Hel Beckoning

Tell me if i missed something.

Obsidian would be very smart if they add your patch in the PS4 port of Deadfire...