What's Kraken Eye Used For?

Hi there,

Im in the middle of my second playthrough and I wonder if Kraken Eye was changed.As far as I remember It was used to upgrade gear but I can' see it in any of my recipies.Im a bit confused,send help.

Edited by Kovil

Depending on when you first played, I think high-level enchants got more expensive. So it might be that you used to have been able to upgrade with just 1 Kraken's Eye, but now you need 2.

I've played as soon as the game came out.Are Kraken Eyes still used to upgrade gear?

Edited by Kovil

Depending on when you first played, I think high-level enchants got more expensive. So it might be that you used to have been able to upgrade with just 1 Kraken's Eye, but now you need 2.

I've played as soon as the game came out.Are Kraken Eyes still used to upgrade gear?

yes

yes

Its just soo weird.None of my weapons seem to have it as a requirement for upgrade,is my game bugged or something? =\

Two eyes upgrade armor/shields/one handed to Superb (you need four eyes for two-handers). Nice for armor, since it lets you save on the fairly rare Adra Ban.

They replace the normal Superb upgrade, allowing you to save money/ingredients.

Edited by Taudis

Two eyes upgrade armor/shields/one handed to Superb (you need four eyes for two-handers). Nice for armor, since it lets you save on the fairly rare Adra Ban.

They replace the normal Superb upgrade, allowing you to save money/ingredients.

Ohh so you can upgrade either with Kraken Eye or with money\gems,so eye is just the alternative and not the nessesary component?Now it makes sense!

Edited by Kovil

I think you need to have at least 2 of them :)

Edit:  Not sure though but without 2 I think the option is not there and how many are there is the real question!!

I have heard there are 4 of them

Edited by bringingyouthefuture

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

I think you need to have at least 2 of them :)

Edit:  Not sure though but without 2 I think the option is not there and how many are there is the real question!!

I have heard there are 4 of them

ohhh...pretty weird,not showing the player what this thing is used for,but anyway ty =)

• 11 months later...

It is very expensive, for a team of 5 characters, each one with distant and melee weapon + backup weapon with different damage type...

Edit : I loaded my 1st NG save, and kraken eye was to upgrade a weapon to Superb (3 paths : 1x Sea dragon scale or 2x Kraken eyes or 1 peridot + 1 Ta Ondra Tara + 1 pyrite + 30000) for a dual hand weapon, 15000 for a single hand weapon, and for legendary 60000 DHW/30000 SHW... 
Arf i wanted to upgrade all my favorite weapons to legendary, not sure it will be possible...

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

Who said you are supposed to enchant every weapon/armor to the max? Most of the time you will have to make a choice. You can also use Soulbound items which upgrae themselves. Or summoned weapon - or fists. That gives you more room.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I have only ever enchanted exactly ONE weapon/armor to the max. (Some of them of course start at legendary, so there's maybe only two things to do.)

So @fced, I'm fairly certain it is not possible to upgrade all your favorite weapons to legendary, unless of course your selection of favorites is very very small. My sense is that the game is designed that way, i.e. you have to make considered choices. I think that's a good thing.

Problem on PS4 is if an enemy is immune to piercing (death guard) and you use a bow (pierce/slash), the game still try to use pierce. I don't know if it is the same on PC, but i can't count the number of times i saw 0.0 piercing damage on a squeleton when using a bow...
For this reason, i keep crush weapons as backup...

It look like if the devs forgot to implement the "immune to xtype of damage" as a variable, if the enemy is 90% resistant to pierce, the bow switch to slash damage, but if completely immune to piercing it continue to attack with piercing.

I feel dual weapon damage are broken on PS4.

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

I'm not sure what the definitions are (in terms of percentages and slash/pierce, and so on), but in my view it's only good that skeletons are 100% immune to bows, for rather obvious reasons. Keeping crush weapons as backup is highly recommended, and I do it, too.

On 3/23/2020 at 11:29 AM, fced said:

Problem on PS4 is if an enemy is immune to piercing (death guard) and you use a bow (pierce/slash), the game still try to use pierce. I don't know if it is the same on PC, but i can't count the number of times i saw 0.0 piercing damage on a squeleton when using a bow...
For this reason, i keep crush weapons as backup...

It look like if the devs forgot to implement the "immune to xtype of damage" as a variable, if the enemy is 90% resistant to pierce, the bow switch to slash damage, but if completely immune to piercing it continue to attack with piercing.

I feel dual weapon damage are broken on PS4.

There's bugs like this on PC as well. Such as enemies immune to corrode damage take 0 damage from a bleak walker flames of devotion. Or enemies immune to shock damage take 0 damage from Lord Darynn's Voulge. Your bug I have not seen before, but I am not surprised.

• Like 1