Beast of Winter Disappointed Me

It's a hard fight but it's cool you have options to resolve "peacefully". I mean the entire DLC is building up the boss fight.

Well, peacefully for me. Not so much for the old girl.  :shifty: Anyway, this choice comes with additional benefit of pissing off Rymrgand so I will never not take it. 

- Corrosive Siphon: 45s cd (is cast if there are 2 or more hostile targets in AoE)

Вот это самая дрянь. А если еще и крит, то совсем плохо.

Dude, English please. :)

What do you mean by "even worse if it's a crit" when it comes to the 45 sec cooldown? That the duration is *1.5 *1.25 then and the cooldown is way too short?

edit: oops - wrong crit modifier

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

He probably forgot that it's not a PM thread)
And regarding meaning: he wanted to say that it is unpleasant to get hit by that Siphon. And even more unpleasant if it crits :)

-----------

Btw CritEffectDurationMult is 1.25 in Deadfire)
And if I am not mistaken it is treated additively with INT, just like CritDamageMult is taken additively with MIG (and other damage modifiers).

Btw, wizard's Corrosive Siphon is a rank 2 ability that deals 8 damage per 3s, for 10s. With 7 base penetration.
Neryscirlas' Corrosive Siphon is also a rank 2 spell, but it deals 15 damage per 3s, for 20s. With 13 base penetration.

Can't check this ingame atm, but at 18 MIG / 14 INT, that should 18.6 damage per tick for 24s.
And on crit, that would be 22.35 damage per tick for 29s. Or approximately 238 total damage againt 1 target.

Do note though: I haven't taken into account bonus from PL. Mainly because I don't know if it is even applied to someone with IsPlayerClass = false. But if Dracolich was considered a single-class wizard... at level 18 that would be PL 9, or +0.35 to rank 2 ability damage and duration... or a total of ~359 dmg vs each affected enemy.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

He probably forgot that it's not a PM thread)

And regarding meaning: he wanted to say that it is unpleasant to get hit by that Siphon. And even more unpleasant if it crits :)

-----------

Btw CritEffectDurationMult is 1.25 in Deadfire)

And if I am not mistaken it is treated additively with INT, just like CritDamageMult is taken additively with MIG (and other damage modifiers).

crit duration +25% is multiplicative with int/resolve adjustments, even though crit damage is additive.

It grants 3 layers of Concentration (which can stack up to 10), has a 30s cooldown (in dragon's AI behaviour), and has no cast / recovery time (just like Disciplined Barrage).

ah, probably i was just doing a knockup and that was just buying me more time, and i interpreted that as an interrupt.

Edited by thelee

crit duration +25% is multiplicative with int/resolve adjustments, even though crit damage is additive.

Oh, my bad then

ah, probably i was just doing a knockup and that was just buying me more time, and i interpreted that as an interrupt.

Here's a good example by baldurs_gate2 regarding buying time  :grin:

For 30s straight Nery can't cast that Entropic Shield because is being continuously interrupted and can't get out of previous recovery.

Sorry, guys)

I mean not only duration, but Damage even higher with Crit. Max already did all calculations (as usual).

Neryscirlas' Corrosive Siphon is also a rank 2 spell, but it deals 15 damage per 3s, for 20s. With 13 base penetration.

Can't check this ingame atm, but at 18 MIG / 14 INT, that should 18.6 damage per tick for 24s.
And on crit, that would be 22.35 damage per tick for 29s. Or approximately 238 total damage againt 1 target.

I reckon that club modal + flail modal + Misama + Slicken (3 casts per encounter with Vaporpous Wizardry) would also shut down Neriscyrlas completely for a fairly long time?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Oh, my bad then

Here's a good example by baldurs_gate2 regarding buying time  :grin:

For 30s straight Nery can't cast that Entropic Shield because is being continuously interrupted and can't get out of previous recovery.

yeah the big advantage of mule kick is that it also disorients, which also adds a similar recovery penalty as the blind in that video. add maia with her chance of interrupt + red hand for 2x shots, a fighter/barb with intuitive+interrupting blows, and the fact that even when disorient/blind wears off the current recovery is still slowed down (doesn't speed back up), one mule kick bought a lot of time in similar fashion :) mule kick is awesome (would be better if it didn't have that weird untargetability when knocking up)

Edited by thelee

Isnt this the story forum. Must every post be about mechanics and builds.

Turn down the difficulty. There.

Deadfire is for the hardcore pirate plunderers ;) Edited by Verde

But its so much fun to hit her with the God bomb, then keep her from flying off with the inquisitor chains.  It turns her into a little helpless puppy ...

Edited by bringingyouthefuture

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

Sorry for being AWOL. For some reason, this forum doesn't message me when my posts get replies. Also, I've been busy overcoming that damned dragon... and on to Forgotten Sanctuary.

I certainly appreciate all the thoughtful mechanics ideas, most of which are totally over my head. Clearly those who hang out here have put a lot more time into the game than I have; I tend to rotate games frequently and have finished over a hundred... going back to something called Corncob that I played on DOS 5.1. This gives me a certain depth of perspective on the gaming industry, though my acquaintance here is shallow.

My central concern is that such a fine game as the POE series is unlikely to attract a mass audience when it calls for intensive study by bright players; the disagreements on this thread show how much uncertainty yet remains. Without mass audience appeal, the genre will remain a niche production: much hard work and minimal earnings compared to the ones that boast millions of subscribers each contributing 50 cents a day. I say this without really knowing how many copies have sold, especially POE-II vs the original; I saw a post on Reddit suggesting the investors in POE-II have been disappointed.

Part of my personal philosophy is that success is largely a matter of refusing to be defeated. That doesn't mean I don't occasionally lose my temper and ventilate about it; that's better than destroying my system every few months! In this case, I leveled my team several times and came back to pound that ugly dragon into the turf... and that felt pretty good. I went on to the Forgotten Sanctuary (the other expansion seemed to be for nerds only) and again got stomped by the final boss (Wael's Oracle). No more leveling was possible, but after the game finally gave me back Maia, I girded up my loins and kicked that monster right in the eye. Now I'm happy but... I still think the difficulty spike was hard to manage because I hadn't been given enough gradual ramping-up of challenge to inspire me to better learn the mechanics.

So this evening I'll be getting into my handy-dandy Unterseeboot and heading off to the mythical land of Ukaizo to see what sort of mayhem awaits me there. Meanwhile, my word to game authors is that if you make it too realistic in terms of frustrating, arbitrary, irreversible choices, most of us will go looking for something that is more like a game and less like real life. I game to feel like a hero; feeling like a schmuck I can get in RW for free!

Addendum: The Guardian of Ukaizo was a worthy challenge. I needed all of my skills but there was no ugly surprise to spoil the fun. Guess I'll be talking to the big guy tomorrow AM.

:biggrin:

Edited by Ananisapta
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...