1 hour ago, Ethics Gradient said:

To quote Aarik earlier today on Discord:

Maaaybe another week we’ll see the patch. 

the release o' info by obsidian employees, info which would interest many posters at the obsidian boards, typical appears not at the obsidian site.  this reality, which has been ordinary course o' business for awhile now, still manages to be... irksome. 

regardless, ty for doing that which one would expect the obsidians to do.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 5

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

9 hours ago, Gromnir said:

the release o' info by obsidian employees, info which would interest many posters at the obsidian boards, typical appears not at the obsidian site.

To be fair, the forums were down when he responded.  I’m still a believer that the devs will eventually come back to these parts.  One-line tweets or responses on chat is all they have had time for in the last few months, so I’m willing to take them at their word that it has been exceptionally busy. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ethics Gradient said:

To be fair, the forums were down when he responded.  I’m still a believer that the devs will eventually come back to these parts.  One-line tweets or responses on chat is all they have had time for in the last few months, so I’m willing to take them at their word that it has been exceptionally busy. 

a week ago, when similar news were made available by the obsidians, draego were the one who posted obsidian's discord reveal, and the boards were not down at the time.  a one-line post here or a one-line post... somewheres else. is a choice.  am not understanding the choice, but am hopeful you are correct and the obsidians change course sooner rather than later.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You know, people sometimes act like patching is some kind of definitive thing. "Tell us when the next patch will come out." Or whatever. They can't! They literally cannot! Patching is problem solving done by humans. Sure, these Obsidian peeps are good at their job, but if there's a problem that's stumping them, they can't tell you when it'll be solved. They literally can't give you a date. It will always be approximate, as who knows when they'll figure it out? 

I think it's enough to give us a few lines like "We're close" or "We're working on it", because that's the best anyone could do.

Keep it up, Obsidian! I'm excited to see what's next for PoE II.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mrjane said:

I think it's enough to give us a few lines like "We're close" or "We're working on it", because that's the best anyone could do.

agreed.

sadly, obsidian isn't making even that amount o' effort. ethics gradient and draego did what you ask of obsidian.  is not a new trend.  developers posts info at reddit or discord or something awful or wherever, and then a boardie imports. has become the new normal.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ethics Gradient said:

I have to imagine that the aquisition came with a new title that they needed to begin working on immediately.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

4 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I have to imagine that the aquisition came with a new title that they needed to begin working on immediately.

I believe that’s the case.  If I recall Feargus’ GameInformer interview correctly, aside from Deadfire winding down, there is The Outer Worlds as well as two other projects they are looking at spinning up. 

I have to imagine the team is really eager to close out Deadfire with all the other stuff going on. They probably want 4.2 out as much as we do. 

• Like 1

obsidian should take their time. obsidian should get the final(?) major patch right before releasing.  obsidian shouldn't rush efforts in an attempt to speed the process.

obsidian could, and should, pass along relevant deadfire info at the obsidian site.

not mutual exclusive. if is time to do such announcements elsewhere, is surely time to do at their own site.

HA! Good Fun!

However, no official announcement has been made. Discord is quite a different environment, then an official forum - I don’t think anyone would treat those discord responses as binding. Moreover, those are posts of individuals, not Obsidian as a whole. Obs will make official announcement, once the patch is ready, while for now we have to rely on discord users to learn the gossips. 

Not that it isn’t nice every time devs pop up around here. 

• Like 1

Hoping for the next patch soon ^_^  I love the turn based mode, excited to see what the patch brings for class and mechanic changes.

I'm trying to hold off overplaying it and getting burnt out. Trying to amuse myself other games in the meantime, but i check for Deadfire updates everyday still :)

9 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Discord is quite a different environment, then an official forum - I don’t think anyone would treat those discord responses as binding. Moreover, those are posts of individuals, not Obsidian as a whole.

Almost all the information about Deadfire or TOW that has been cross-posted from Discord was from the official Obsidian server, straight from Aarik or Mikey. The setting may be a little more informal due to its nature as a real-time chat, but the comms team understands their role as an official spokesperson for the company even if appears to be an off-the-cuff remark.

I’d like to think that at the time they were made, to the best of their knowledge, such statements were both accurate and sincere. 

• Like 1

Let's hope this is the week guys, I pledged (hope is the right word, English is not my native language) on Fig, and i can't wait anymore to play Deadfire! (Masochist waiting I know xD)

Edited by helmino

1 hour ago, Enoch said:

At this point, they might as well wait for the release anniversary.  (Which is next Wednesday.)

so, kinda a happy birthday celebration... next wednesday?

HA! Good Fun!

Yes. I think TB mode adjustments will be the biggest slice of the patch. Hopefully followed by a lot of happy bug fixes. 

TB mode currently is in beta status and Obsidian asked for feedback when they released the beta. So it is very unlikely that we won't see some solid changes to TB mode.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Yes. I think TB mode adjustments will be the biggest slice of the patch. Hopefully followed by a lot of happy bug fixes. 

TB mode currently is in beta status and Obsidian asked for feedback when they released the beta. So it is very unlikely that we won't see some solid changes to TB mode.

Thanks, i can't wait to play!

Josh's comment:

It's coming very soon. We had a solid patch candidate for quite a while, but there were two very ugly bugs with chanter phrases and Afflictions that we needed to fix. Tracking down those bugs proved to be difficult, but they've been fixed now, so...

soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

but there were two very ugly bugs with chanter phrases

Phrases scaling, he means? Becose i don't know any other bugs related to Phrases. Ghaun save us... o:)

Edited by Phenomenum

5 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

Phrases scaling, he means? Becose i don't know any other bugs related to Phrases. Ghaun save us... o:)

Could easily be a bug they found in their release candidate that isn't evident in 4.1.2.