welp got a message from the discord mod 

Sadly, I'd say the odds are pretty low for anything today.  I'd expect to see more rumblin' in steamdb if there were an immanent patch.

so maybe not looking good but its not official or anything

Edited by draego

welp got a message from the discord mod 

Sadly, I'd say the odds are pretty low for anything today.  I'd expect to see more rumblin' in steamdb if there were an immanent patch.

so maybe not looking good but its not official or anything

Yeah, following the action on steamdb isn't an exact science, but it's usually been the case that prior to a patch, you see a flurry of updates on the beta, stable, or staging branches (scroll to the bottom of the link).

Could they jam through an update later today? Without a doubt.  But based on almost all the prior patches (especially something large like 4.2 or a potential beta), there's usually a lot of movement on steam as it is staged for release.

Anyway, we don't have any secret line of info over at discord.  We're all just trying our best to make sense of "soon."   :shrugz:

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 2

Time is relative.

Exactly! As we close in on the patch, time moves slower. This is fact. There is no scientific evidence for it, but it is a fact.

Edited by Frak
  • Like 3

Nerf Troubadour!

looks like Aarik D responded on discord about patch in deadfire-discussions. They say there is one bug giving them trouble and alluding them and they are waiting to fix it before pushing release. I wonder if is that "Broken core mechanic: Afflictions not supressable/not removable by inspirations" one but anyway so close 

Edited by draego
  • Like 5

They say there is one bug giving them trouble and alluding them and they are waiting to fix it before pushing release. I wonder if is that "Broken core mechanic: Afflictions not supressable/not removable by inspirations" one but anyway so close

I have a feeling that there are 3 bugs that could be even trickier to fix:

- AoE appliance of status effects with AoE weapons (without occasional recovery drop, and recursive cascade effects)

- proper damage type selection with dual-damage attacks vs enemies with immunities

- tactician's auras messing-up with each other (when there are multiple tacticians in party)

They can fix that bug later on, they should just put in more content.

Whaat? Do you seriously think there's going to be more content? I mean, I believe it's fairly established the last patch will contain the final God challenge, but apart from that, I'm quite sure that's it, no more official Deadfire content ever.

Whaat? Do you seriously think there's going to be more content? I mean, I believe it's fairly established the last patch will contain the final God challenge, but apart from that, I'm quite sure that's it, no more official Deadfire content ever.

Unless...

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I hope for one more megaboss.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Enoch said:

I guess I'll be the optimist who suggests that the forum update is step 1 of "New Stuff from Obsidian!" week.  (TTRPG; Deadfire update; console release date)

have not checked steam for predictable pre-patch changes.

'til we see something substantive, am gonna play this one like mcqueen

6a00d8345282b769e20120a54d1008970c-400wi

HA! Good Fun!

ps advice to the kids: don't smoke.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 4/23/2019 at 9:13 PM, Enoch said:

I guess I'll be the optimist who suggests that the forum update is step 1 of "New Stuff from Obsidian!" week.  (TTRPG; Deadfire update; console release date)

To quote Aarik earlier today on Discord:

We're almost at the finish line, but a release for this week is very unlikely

Maaaybe another week we’ll see the patch.