In the battle log says "Critical hit." But in fact, my character missed.

Ontos

Question

English text after P.S.

Windows 10 64-битная, 8 Гм ОЗУ, Intel® Core ™ I7-4500 CPU1,80 ГГц 2,40 ГГц GPU: AMD Radeon R7 M265, семейство Intel® HD Graphics. 
В боевом отчете написано «Критический удар». Мой персонаж пропустил.
Это частая ошибка, я устал от этого. Точность нападения чрезвычайно высока. Полное проникновение. Критический удар. Но персонаж - пропущен. Урон = 0 (и противник не получил эффектов от атак).
Смотрите скриншот.
[sharedmedia = ядро: вложения: 20629]

Это бой с Энгвитаном Титаном у ворот Поко Кохара.

Файлы

P.S.

I'm sorry I didn't write it in English, I did the translation by an online translator, but damn google chrome automatically translates the pages of this site. When I was editing the text, there was a translation into Russian. And I kept it that way. This is not even my text in Russian, this is a reverse translation of my translation, and it is not correct.

The problem is:
1. There is a log of the battle, right? List of combat events at the bottom right. Who what damage or impact received.
2. This battle takes place in the island of Poko Kohara, before entering the ruins. Fight against Engwithan titan. But the same problem met many times in other fights, in other places.
3. Aloth attacked Engwithan titan.
4. When the blow was struck, there was an inscription "critical hit".
5. In a log of fight it is specified that Aloth missed.
6. But if you hover your mouse over the word "missed", you will see the details of the blow. And it says "critical hit."

7. No, it's not a matter of insufficient attack distance. The CombatLog is not specified "out of range", @Phenomenum
8. What you wrote about is another not uncommon mistake. It happens when you point the character in turn-based combat (and I play turn-based mode now) to go and attack with a melee weapon of the enemy. If there are obstacles on the way (i.e. something needs to be avoided), it may happen that until you give the order, the game shows you that the character will reach and hit. But in fact, it does not reach, and hits the air. 
This mistake I associate with a degenerate, squalid move system in combat - where characters just "dance back and forth," for example, spending movement points instead of just getting around an obstacle. Any movement with obstruction on the way, or, for example, movement on ladders in battle on ships, may contain such errors.
9. But in the case of such attacks by air (ie. when action point spent in the middle of nowhere), there is no contradiction in the CombatLog, unlike error, which is dedicated to this topic.

post-211017-0-88318700-1553711466_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ontos

12 answers to this question

He thinks Osidian hired some special man to translate from russian :grin:
He means "Out of attack range". Maybe, some kind of bug in TB mode? Wrong distance calculation..? He should attach smaller screenshot. This one's too big.

Товарищ, читай комбат лог. Там написано: "Вне зоны досягаемости" - значит противник в момент атаки отошел в сторону и ты до него не достал. Хотя, учитывая что это пошаговый режим... может быть, игра неправильно расчитывает дистанцию. Забей. Игра все равно поломана, на данный момент.

P.S. И в следующий раз пиши по-английски. Хотя бы через гуглопереводчик. Ты же не расчитываешь, что Обсидиан наняли специально обученного человека (я не в счет, ха-ха), чтобы он переводил посты на русском? :facepalm:

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

Yeah - I do speak Russian (not too well though). But as you hinted one can't assume that QA of an American company does. :)

I mean maybe someone does - but the chances that you will get help (also from fellow forum users) might drop enormously when not writing in English. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Offtop:

BTW, it will be not too bad, if Obsidian QA team has some natives for each game languages for localization testing. Becose now we have a weird situation:

- Some localizations (russian in first place) has awful quality, but Obsidian didn't understand this, becose non of QA members speaks russian, for example. He needs some slav guy, who could told them, that they wasting money working with QLoc company. Same for other languages.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

German is also not very good despite Josh speaking German fairly well. Hope it wasn't too expensive. ;)

But Josh isn't in QA team - he can't write bugreports!

He thinks Osidian hired some special man to translate from russian :grin:

<...>

I'm sorry I didn't write it in English, I did the translation by an online translator, but damn google chrome automatically translates the pages of this site. When I was editing the text, there was a translation into Russian. And I kept it that way. This is not even my text in Russian, this is a reverse translation of my translation, and it is not correct.

The problem is:
1. There is a log of the battle, right? List of combat events at the bottom right. Who what damage or impact received.
2. This battle takes place in the island of Poko Kohara, before entering the ruins. Fight against Engwithan titan. But the same problem met many times in other fights, in other places.
3. Aloth attacked Engwithan titan.
4. When the blow was struck, there was an inscription "critical hit".
5. In a log of fight it is specified that Aloth missed.
6. But if you hover your mouse over the word "missed", you will see the details of the blow. And it says "critical hit."

7. No, it's not a matter of insufficient attack distance. The CombatLog is not specified "out of range", @Phenomenum
8. What you wrote about is another not uncommon mistake. It happens when you point the character in turn-based combat (and I play turn-based mode now) to go and attack with a melee weapon of the enemy. If there are obstacles on the way (i.e. something needs to be avoided), it may happen that until you give the order, the game shows you that the character will reach and hit. But in fact, it does not reach, and hits the air. 
This mistake I associate with a degenerate, squalid move system in combat - where characters just "dance back and forth," for example, spending movement points instead of just getting around an obstacle. Any movement with obstruction on the way, or, for example, movement on ladders in battle on ships, may contain such errors.
9. But in the case of such attacks by air (ie. when action point spent in the middle of nowhere), there is no contradiction in the CombatLog, unlike error, which is dedicated to this topic.
Edited by Ontos

zmGdYbv.png

Anyway, i think it's maybe a wrong distance calculation in TB mode. Hard to say.

Edited by Phenomenum

@Phenomenum Raise your eyes a little higher. And you'll see "CRITICAL HIT". This inscription is the result hover the mouse on the word "misses".

What is the problem with reading both underlined phrases?

post-211017-0-28768500-1553944027_thumb.png

post-211017-0-28768500-1553944027_thumb.png

Edited by Ontos

@Phenomenum Raise your eyes a little higher. And you'll see "CRITICAL HIT". This inscription is the result hover the mouse on the word "misses".

What is the problem with reading both underlined phrases?

Ты чего такой агрессивный? Я смотрю, весна пришла и все нервные какие-то. :wacko: Пользуется мои модом и грубит еще.

Я вижу все прекрасно. Так было с релиза, это "фича" интерфейса (нет). Еще есть "фича" с длительностью эффектов, когда в логе пишется "Дополнительные эффекты в течении (например) 7.8 сек.", а в детализации указывается другая цифра (как правило меньше). Это из-за того, что в первичном сообщении не берется в расчет уменьшение длительности эфектов от Решительности.

Другой вопрос: игра может неправильно расчитывать дистанцию, и писать тебе промах, когда ты по идее должен попасть - у меня такое десятки раз было в режиме реального времени, и это неприятно, мягко говоря. А в режиме пошага, патфайндинг сейчас вообще очень плохой.

@Phenomenum Кто прислал скриншот с надписью "А это что?" Капсом. Как мне на это реагировать? Я отреагировал зеркально. Ты обвинил меня в том, что я написал тему, не увидя нечто, что сам же на своем скриншоте подчеркнул. Или не обратив внимание, не поняв верно. Т.е. я видать настолько плох, что начал тему ни о чем? Но твое обвинение зиждеться на твоей же невнимательности, тебе ничто не мешало увидеть надпись "критическое попадание", которую я так же подчеркнул. И ты ещё пишешь об агрессивности и весне?
Удалил твой мод, не волнуйся.

Edited by Ontos

Нет, повторяю, с дистанцей отдельный баг, возникающий, когда отдаешь приказ об атаке в ближнем бою, а герой не добегает (но атакует). Не добегает он в связи с тратой очков движения впустую, при оббегании препятствий. В логе боя промах, в детализации тоже промах, в этом случае. Тут с дистанцией же проблем не было. Было критическое попадание (в детализации даже видна цифра защиты, 70), но засчитан промах. Это частая ошибка. 

Edited by Ontos