Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, DragorTheDrake said:

may i ask how many update for the comunity patch are planned for the not so distant future how many bugs and items are you guys planning on fixing how many still do need fixing?

Not much.

We are thinking about making CommunityPatch - Trinkets - a mod that will add several trinkets for priests and druids.

Additionally I am looking at Haunting Chains suggestion for cipher (it's a bit tricky, and will require a lot of testing). 

 

As for items:

- there were requests for "do something" with Crimson Helm. And I think it could have some synergy with Crimson Panoply and One Dozen Stood armors.

- Bauble of the Fin: 3% -> 4%?

- Blade Cascade proc (from Scordeo's Edge) could also have a limit of 3 attacks (in addition to 5s) IF (this is possible) and (there will be requests for that)

And.. I think that's it.

 

17 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

Great effort, folks!

Is there a unified final list of all items that the Community patch changes (and how it changes them)?

CommunityPatch (Extra) modifies only 2 items:

  • Rakhan Field Boots: No Quarter can be used only on hostile targets now
  • Shroud of the Phantasm: Mind Over Matter can trigger only from hostile attacks now
Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

@Boeroer About Blinding Smoke again. Description says it proc on Crit, but i belive it procs on Hit. Can you verify this?

Would need to test that. Might be that it procs on crit but also from itself.


Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dunehunter said:

Wrath of the Five Suns has no recovery in PoE 1 too, this is a trash ability even with 1 zeal now due to it's bad scale and recovery.

I think it's fine at 1 zeal, if the upgrades are unlockable. It still applies Sworn Enemy, which is what every other paladin has for 1 Zeal. Adding a small amount of fire DMG to it is at worst, slightly better than regular sworn enemy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

I think it's fine at 1 zeal, if the upgrades are unlockable. It still applies Sworn Enemy, which is what every other paladin has for 1 Zeal. Adding a small amount of fire DMG to it is at worst, slightly better than regular sworn enemy. 

I'm with dunehunter here. In my humble opinion, having 4 sec base (!) recovery time after using Sworn Enemy for a tiny bit of damage is in many regards worse than even base Sworn Enemy or it's updates, which all have zero recovery time.  And it was exactly the zero recovery time which, lined up with other attacks, gave it that nice bursty feel in POE I.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, L4wlight said:

I'm with dunehunter here. In my humble opinion, having 4 sec base (!) recovery time after using Sworn Enemy for a tiny bit of damage is in many regards worse than even base Sworn Enemy or it's updates, which all have zero recovery time.  And it was exactly the zero recovery time which, lined up with other attacks, gave it that nice bursty feel in POE I.

Ahh, my mistake - I agree the added recovery is no good. If it was the same ability, in every way, except it also launched the fireballs, then I think that would be understandable for 1 Zeal with the opportunity to upgrade to Sworn Enemy or Brand Enemy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MaxQuest said:

Blade Cascade proc (from Scordeo's Edge) could also have a limit of 3 attacks (in addition to 5s) IF (this is possible) and (there will be requests for that)

While I agree that something needs to be done about Scordeo's Edge, I think nerfing Blade Cascade to a limit of 3 attacks would also make it feel a lot less impactful and therefore a lot less fun. And that's the fun thing about this weapon: watching a cascade of attacks. I guess limiting the enchant to something like 10 (or 9 or 7) attacks (if this is, like you said, even possible) would be enough to make it  a lot less exploitable while keeping the "fun" feeling associated with using this weapon intact.

Edited by L4wlight

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, L4wlight said:

While I agree that something needs to be done about Scordeo's Edge, I think nerfing Blade Cascade to a limit of 3 attacks would also make it feel a lot less impactful and therefore a lot less fun. And that's the fun thing about this weapon: watching a cascade of attacks. I guess limiting the enchant to something like 10 (or 9 or 7) attacks (if this is, like you said, even possible) would be enough to make it  a lot less exploitable while keeping the "fun" feeling associated with using this weapon intact.

I think 3 attacks with 0 recovery time at a 5% rate is fine, comparing it's counter enchantment, 10% chance for 0 recovery on next hit. If you make it 10 attacks, still nobody would pick the other choice.

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dunehunter said:

I think 3 attacks with 0 recovery time at a 5% rate is fine, comparing it's counter enchantment, 10% chance for 0 recovery on next hit. If you make it 10 attacks, still nobody would pick the other choice.

While I agree with your statement, I think that sometimes preserving the feeling of awesomeness is just as important as swinging the nerf hammer. The main problem of Blade Cascade is the ability to exploit it heavily. Limiting the number of attacks is a good idea to solve this problem. The number of attacks are debatable. Doesn't need to be 10 attacks. Just sayin' that with a higher number of attacks than 3 one could still keep the picture of a cascade of attacks or being on a "killing spree" intact.


:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, L4wlight said:

While I agree that something needs to be done about Scordeo's Edge, I think nerfing Blade Cascade to a limit of 3 attacks would also make it feel a lot less impactful and therefore a lot less fun. And that's the fun thing about this weapon: watching a cascade of attacks. I guess limiting the enchant to something like 10 (or 9 or 7) attacks (if this is, like you said, even possible) would be enough to make it  a lot less exploitable while keeping the "fun" feeling associated with using this weapon intact.

You and dunehunter both made valid points.

I have mentioned 3 attacks, as arbitrary value to start the theorycrafting going. The initial reasoning was: Tempest provides 10% chance to skip next recovery. Blade Cascade has 5% chance, and since it is less reliable (cose it's lower) it could provide a triple benefit compared to Tempest proc, hence three skipped recoveries.

But you've mentioned the fun-factor, and dunehunter that nobody picks Tempest. 

So I guess a compromise would be 5 attacks limit (in addition to 5s time limit)?

 

 

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MaxQuest said:

[...] So I guess a compromise would be 5 attacks limit (in addition to 5s time limit)?

Fine with me.


:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much guys for finishing this great game :) I hope I can finally give it another try with all your fixes and balance changes!

I‘ve been theorycrafting some builds and couldn‘t check it yet myself but did you guys make any changes to soul annihilation or turning the wheel? There seemed to be majorities for some changes in the poll and I don‘t find anything in the changelog. 

Anyhow thanks again and have a great day :) 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing a "test" playthrough at the moment and everything seems to be fine and quite well balanced.

I just realized that my Furyshaper/Ancient (Stag form) can have two parallel Carnage effects going when shifted - which is cool. Doesn't feel OP since both effects are not overwhelmingly powerful. But they add up nicely. I wonder if Accurate Carnage and Barbaric Smash affect Stag Carnage. I guess not but will give it a try. ;)

By the way: why does Carnage not crit? Is there a special reason for that? It can miss, graze and hit but it can't crit. That's a bit weird and I always wondered why the devs did that.


Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I wonder if Accurate Carnage and Barbaric Smash affect Stag Carnage. I guess not but will give it a try. ;)

They shouldn't. But feel free to try and notice me if anything goes wrong.

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

By the way: why does Carnage not crit? Is there a special reason for that? It can miss, graze and hit but it can't crit. That's a bit weird and I always wondered why the devs did that.

Maybe, because it will be little OP in this case. Don't forget that Barbarian Carnage (and Stag carnage as well) scaling with every PL by 3,3 % so at higher level (PL 10)you can deal up to 66% of base damage. Quite powerful, i say.

Edited by Phenomenum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's base damage. So I don't think it's expecially powerful.

Great Sword/highest base damage: 21 * 0.66 = 13,86 * 1.3 (20 MIG) = 18 raw. In case of a crit it would be 21.5 raw. At PL 10 with 20 MIG. I don't know... it's okay but it's not that OP I think.

The good things about Carnage are currently: procs Spirit Frenzy (stagger), procs Static Thunder (Lord Darryn's Voulge). Sadly it can't proc Blood Frenzy because it can't crit. :(

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bosmer said:

Thank you so much guys for finishing this great game :) I hope I can finally give it another try with all your fixes and balance changes!

I‘ve been theorycrafting some builds and couldn‘t check it yet myself but did you guys make any changes to soul annihilation or turning the wheel? There seemed to be majorities for some changes in the poll and I don‘t find anything in the changelog. 

Anyhow thanks again and have a great day :) 

Thank you)

And oh, we made a change to Turning Wheel - the bonus damage now should work with ranged weapons as well. This is included in Extra module.

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

The good things about Carnage are currently: procs Spirit Frenzy (stagger), procs Static Thunder (Lord Darryn's Voulge). Sadly it can't proc Blood Frenzy because it can't crit. :(

I think this could be going back to backers beta, when many things didn't graze/crit, but only hit. 

Also, making carnage able to crit, could potentially have some hard to evaluate balance side effects. I would be very cautious touching this) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't think of any side effects besides Static Thunder and Blood Frenzy. Apparently Carnage procs no other weapon effects than Static Thunder.


Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

@Boeroer So... man, hello! How the Trinkets? :)

Still at it. Have a bit much work atm. Two parallel work projects, uff...

I wrote down 13 so far (mostly Priest). 

By the way I tested Carnage and Stag Carnage with the Accurate Carnage ability (Barb):
I
t is as you said: Stag Carnage is not affected, only Barb's Carnage.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Still at it. Have a bit much work atm. Two parallel work projects, uff...

I wrote down 13 so far (mostly Priest). 

By the way I tested Carnage and Stag Carnage with the Accurate Carnage ability (Barb):
I
t is as you said: Stag Carnage is not affected, only Barb's Carnage.

13?! :huh: It's a bit much i say.

BTW, did you experienced any problems with paired Carnage?


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't plan to use all of the ideas I wrote down. ;) Just to have a nice collection. Maybe do a poll...

No problems with dual Carnage. They get rolled one after the other (first Carnage, then Stag Carnage) and everything seems to work fine. 

  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be out of the scope of this mod to have trinkets for every class ? The easiest route would be to have one trinket giving 2 ressources, for every class (and transforming the current Mortification Bindings and Gauntlets of Discipline into trinkets), but it could go much farther than this. I would die for a trinket improving the Echo side of the Cipher, making them a potent Inspirationbot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not against it. But the focus atm is on Priest and Druid trinkets since there is need.

For other classes I would like to do trinkets that don't necessarily have bonuses but that somehow change some ability mechanics. For example a cipher trinket that lets you cast ally-only spells as self buffs (but you'll lose the ability to cast them on allies). Or a Fighter's healing (Constant Recovery + Unbending) would heal in an AoE but not the Fighter. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...