I’m neutral. If I want the Brilliant Inspiration I’m more likely to pursue different avenues, so I’m not affected by this as much. If the change makes it better for others, I’m all for it.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

One thing that I read from time to time and which we could keep in mind:

the helmet of the FS armor "Crimson Panoply" has no enchantment like the other set-helmets (Deltro's Cage, Blackened Plate) have. THis is kind of odd. It leads to a situation where nobody who cares about effectiveness actually wears both at the same time. Isn't this odd?

I would like to add a fitting enchantment to the helmet. Doesn't need to be superduper but at least something so that you don't feel totally stupid when wearing it instead of something with an enchantment.

I guess it's fairly easy to add some existing enchantment or so to that helm? It's a beautiful piece and it's a shame that most players just tuck it away, wondering "wtf?"

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

May I suggest a nod to the "Tempered Helm" of PoE? It's the helmet that fit the Sanguine Plate best (visually). And the Sanguine Plate seems to be the inspiration for the Crimson Panoply which was added after @AndreaColombo asked for it multiple times. ;)

The PoE-Tempered Helm's enchantments are very strong. It has:

• Bloodthirst: +3 Might, +5 DR (Corrode, Burn, Freeze, Shock) and -5 Deflection for 20 sec (base) per kill
  • Freedom: +25 Defenses against Hobbled, Paralyzed, Stuck attacks
  • Defiance: +25 Defenses against Charmed, Confused attacks, +10 Defenses against Dominated attacks

This might be way too strong for Deadfire, given that all item enchantments in Deadfire stack which they didn't in PoE. Also afaik something like Blooodthirst above doesn't exist in the game. So I'd vote simply for:

• Defiance: Resistance against Intellect afflictions --> this would give the Berseker another items to circumvent his Confusion. So he isn't stuck on Caroc's BP or Modwyr. It's late game grear anyway

What do you think? 

Edit: well - maybe a Berseker wouldn't want to wear Crimson Panply in th first place... hm... Would it be very difficult to create something like "Bloodthirst" (maybe rename because the confusion with "Blood Thirst" ). How about :

• Sanguinary (basically means bloodthirsty): +3 MIG, +3 AR to corrode, burn, freeze, shock and -5 deflection for 20 sec (base) per kill --> reference to the Sanguine Plate + Tempered Helm?
Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

I will try to restrict No Quarter and Briliant from Shroud to proc from hostile attacks only. If this option will not work, then i restrict them to combat only.

Edited by Phenomenum

@Boeroer why not go the Sanguine Plate Helm route? Granted, that helm was weaksauce in the first game but it was the obvious fit for the plate (at least lookswise.)

Alternatively, we could give it something that synergizes with what the plate does. E.g. bonus Deflection while Frenzied; STR inspirations are upgraded by one tier while Frenzied; that sort of stuff.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think you should consider removing elemental keywords from weapons and  arcane archer penalty along with it, these keywords barely add anything but create a huge problems when dealing with immune enemies.

Also it would be nice if you unnerfed/reverted  some of Obsidians overkill nerfs to weapons in Extra patch

Frostseeker for example became  joke when it's base damaged was nuked from 4-7 to 3-5 on top of losing 15% of it's lash (which was fine, but base damage nerf made it so there are not a single unique warbow in game worthy of use compared to firearms)

Heh, we can use the Sanguinary name but stacking additional Deflection penalties on top of what you get from Frenzy seems a bit too punitive ;)

I’m not a fan of on-kill effects but ultimately anything is better than what we currently have, so I’m fine with your proposal.

• Like 1

I'm all ears for alternatives. On kill is indeed rather superfluous most of times... Keeping the name would be fine. Lots of brain grease went into it. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

I appreciate this helm consideration. 

Since the original helm was defensive, and crimson panoply requires being crit to work, how about that being the trigger? The only helm with an On Being Crit proc is the Kettle (10% chance to cast boiling spray), so this would fill a gap. 

Helm attributes available are only INT and PER currently, and blackened plate helm does that well. Instead of MIG, CON, or DEX on kill, how about MIG affliction immunity and immune to push/pull for 15 sec after being crit? Or Restore 3 health per 3 for 9 on being crit? 

It would also be great if the helm had one smaller bonus that isn’t proc dependent. Concentration fits the original somewhat, yeah? 

For Tempered Vibes I like INT resistance as a passive, with a weaker on kill effect: +1 MIG +1 elemental AR, -2 def per kill for 20 sec, stacks 4 times. 

Edited by Ivanfyodorovich

If possible (not causing bugs)  you guys should add the Polishing mod to STEAM WORKSHOP.  it makes download easier and more practical. also, does the polishing affects the npc characters/enemies ?

Edited by nouser

13 minutes ago, nouser said:

does the polishing affects the npc characters/enemies ?

Yes. All effects changes works for both sides - fair enough.

14 minutes ago, nouser said:

If possible (not causing bugs)  you guys should add the Polishing mod to STEAM WORKSHOP.  it makes download easier and more practical.

I don't see how it makes download "easier and more practical") Anyway, it the quest for @MaxQuest, not for me)

P.S. "A quest for MaxQuest"... Hm, interesting figure of speech.

I want to add scaling for Basic version of Backstab: +5% every PL, up to +150% at 10PL (single class + Prestige). Since №2 suggestion about Backstab was "Increase damage multiplier" and this suggestion received about 30% of votes.

What do you think about it?

Edited by Phenomenum

I’m good with the proposal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

I want to add scaling for Basic version of Backstab: +5% every PL, up to +150% at 10PL (single class + Prestige). Since №2 suggestion about Backstab was "Increase damage multiplier" and this suggestion received about 30% of votes.

What do you think about it?

I'd love to see this end at 200% at PL 10, personally. I've modded this and tested a few builds - it doesn't feel OP given the time/resources it takes to proc invisibility and position backstabs, and vanishing strike isn't as much of a balance problem because faster/low-base-damage weapons don't benefit as much as they would with the lash.

Just recently tried a single class assassin with dual sabres focusing on Gambit and Vanishing Strike. The 200% backstabs are powerful, but it doesn't unbalance the class against other single-target DPS builds. Just my 2¢.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 1

Just now, Purudaya said:

Just recently tried a single class assassin with dual sabres focusing on Gambit and Vanishing Strike. The 200% backstabs are powerful, but it doesn't unbalance the class against other single-target DPS builds. Just my 2¢.

Your opinion is noted, little Watcher.

I just came across a little OP-ness in spe:

If you use Vanshing Strike and the "new" Backstab with the flar 20 raw damage and then either use a multiprojectile weapon (blunderbuss, Frostseeker etc.) or an AoE weapon (Rod, Mortar...) you will do Backstabs with EVERY hit roll under 2m range. Since thge base damage doesn't matter this means that the 4 projectiles of blunderbusses will deal 4*20*PL-bonus*MIG-bonus extra damage. So at PL10 with 20 MIG you would do ~160 extra raw damage with a blunderbuss while a dagger or great sword would do ~40 extra. 

Problem? This is only with Vanishing Strikes but stil...

@Crimson Panoply helm: Immunity to MIG afflictions sounds solid. I wouldn't even involve crits. It's a late game item and I would be fine with a blanker MIG immunity. I don't know if this would even prevent incoming MIG afflictions from canceling "Strong" from the Panoply' Frenzy. That would be neat. 

Also adding MIG affl. immunity will be very easy.

The other suggestion of upgrading MIG inspirations by one tier is also not bad. It could simply be copied from the SSS axe. I wonder if both items in tandem would upgrade "Strong" to "Energized"? Or just suppress each other sorts of? 

32 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

he 4 projectiles of blunderbusses will deal 4*20*PL-bonus*MIG-bonus extra damage

No. Boeroer, if you stop to theorizing and test it yourself, you're realize that blunderbuss attack produce only 1 instance of Raw Damage.

Edited by Phenomenum

As for AoE weapons (Whispers of EP etc), yes you will gain bonus for every hit with AoE range and 2 m. range. And that's how the Assassination ability works too. I can restrict Backstab to only primary target, but then any player will deserve a right for a question: "Why is Assassination ability bonus applies to all AoE targets but Backstab don't?"

Edited by Phenomenum

1 hour ago, Purudaya said:

One question: have you tried to fight against an enemies with 2 or more arquebuse rogues on low-mid levels? I bet you will be one-shotted with 200% bonus.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

"Why is Assassination ability bonus applies to all AoE targets but Backstab don't?"

Because Assassinate is based on weapons' base damage and flat dmg Backstab is not. So 10 low damage hits produce ten times the backstab damage than one single high damage hit would. Is that the wanted behavior? As I said: I guess this is only a problem with Vanishing Strikes so no big deal. Just saying.

40 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

No. Boeroer, if you stop to theorizing and test it yourself, you're realize that blunderbuss attack produce only 1 instance of Raw Damage.

That's good to know. Still valid for AoE weapons though.

And why should I stop theorizing? Theorizing is good. It's much faster than testing and I don't need a computer for that. ;) It helps to foresee eventual problems. If you can immediately bust the apparent problem: even better. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

It's much faster than testing and I don't need a computer for that.

Because it might produce wrong results ;)

Edited by Phenomenum