Deadfire Polishing Thread has been opened for 3 weeks by now, and we gathered enough feedback for a dedicated poll.

And the idea behind this poll is to filter through the community-originated fine-tuning suggestions and cut those that didn't make it past a certain threshold of unanimity.

After that, the resulting list could be used as some sort of survey data, and maybe it will get attention from Obsidian, or it will be of use for modders (if these suggestions are moddable)

Deadfire Polishing Poll

(link to google forms)

(google login is required to keep 1 submission per person account)

(your emails are kept private and not shown to other participants or poll owner)

P.S. Results will be posted in this thread.

There is no set end date for now. But approximately the poll will last 7-10 days unless otherwise noted.

Edit: the Poll has ended. You can check the RESULTS: HERE

Or if google analytics is opening slowly, here are the screenshots:

General stuff:

tqmqv73.png

Classes:

a7pwjhJ.jpg

Keywords:

C4hLSB8.png

Bugs:

j8Gr5KE.png

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 7

Completed.

And thank you for all the work !

If I may ask, I had released a thread on PoE1's forum about an hypothetic balance patch.

(which was a kind of follow up of PoE1's Rogue & Barbarian Polishing Thread / Poll...)

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/106798-trying-to-design-a-balance-mod/

It didn't have much success (actually zero success :closed: ), maybe because I admitted it was mostly hypothetic, maybe because people were more interested by PoE2 at this time, maybe because it was too long or maybe because because it was simply bad for some other reasons  :getlost: .

If by chance, you could take a couple of minutes to have a look at it.
My apologizes for hijacking your thread with my request.
Feel free to ignore.

I voted! Well not for all, but most. Great work putting this together!

A random thought - maybe at some point ask what a user's top three fixes are, and if you see a pattern, prioritize those. I'm sure leveling up in one go has a chance to be up there.

There will be one last patch. It was promised and they know if they leave the game, a crowdfunded game, in this state, there will be a big black mark on their record, and their reputation will slowly be tarnished by the plague that is the angry gamer. Similar to Bioware releasing a messy Andromeda -> Anthem, I predict Obsidian crashing hard if they lose track of their fans and customers. Only time will tell how Outer Worlds turns out, which could be their saving grace...or another microtransactions crapfest within a derivative world.

Edited by Verde
  • Like 4

Obsidian has moved on with this game. Even if they want to make changes based off this survey, it won't be profitable for them to do so. It's unlikely for this game to receive further support. 

i would certainly hope not given that TB is still beta and the current broken state of the game.

• Like 1

Umm it is lol.

Depends how one defines "broken".

But since some core mechanics are not working since TB was introduced I'd say it is. For example: You can't remove Afflictions by Inspirations or suppression in most cases.

It will start and run though. So some may argue it's broken when it doesn't do that anymore.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thank you all for voting :)

We have 17 submissions by now.

P.S. I've also noticed that there were 6 submissions done to the Sneak Peek version of the poll, and wanting to note that this poll is a new, separate instance with extra options. So if you placed a submission there, feel free to vote here again. It won't be considered a duplicate.

@Elric Galad, I'll take a look later.

A random thought - maybe at some point ask what a user's top three fixes are, and if you see a pattern, prioritize those. I'm sure leveling up in one go has a chance to be up there.

Judging by current responses, bugs related to afflictions and aoe weapons are mostly voted as high priority) Edited by MaxQuest

thanks for the note to vote on this one and not just the sneak peek one. done.

in the end i begrudgingly voted in favor of some of the buffs. see, i'm not a total curmudgeon! i can be swayed, too.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

^ Aha, so my feeling that something is missing was right :grin:

Although I don't see the names or emails of submitters I can tell which submission is yours just by the answers ^^

That said I'm mostly surprised by your choices regarding Bitting Whip and all monk related suggestions.

P.S. Regarding Aegis of Loyalty: I've checked it in beta, on release and in v1.2. It was working only with unarmed (fist) attacks.

P.P.S. Some nice unanimity regarding racial suggestions:

tCb61Ad.png

Edited by MaxQuest

in the end i begrudgingly voted in favor of some of the buffs. see, i'm not a total curmudgeon! i can be swayed, too.

Aha, aha... :getlost: you became a cutie boy.

1382352941_1887943661.jpg

Obsidian has moved on with this game. Even if they want to make changes based off this survey, it won't be profitable for them to do so. It's unlikely for this game to receive further support. 

Do you have to live so relentlessly in the real world?!

nowt

There will be one last patch. It was promised and they know if they leave the game, a crowdfunded game, in this state, there will be a big black mark on their record, and their reputation will slowly be tarnished by the plague that is the angry gamer. Similar to Bioware releasing a messy Andromeda -> Anthem, I predict Obsidian crashing hard if they lose track of their fans and customers. Only time will tell how Outer Worlds turns out, which could be their saving grace...or another microtransactions crapfest within a derivative world.

I hope for more achievements and one additional megaboss.

Now what about that Stag's Carnage? Is there a more obvious fix needed :p?

Don't twist ^^

As for current data regarding that suggestion, it is:

sLnWCuV.png

It will be interesting finding the compromise)

Edited by MaxQuest

It will be interesting finding the compromise)

I can help with that, em...problem. We have a great expertise in "finding compromises"  ;)

12745629f918a570ed2a793eff6e7879.jpg

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

Here are some intermediary stats:

- So far we have 47 submissions:

- Around 40 submissions were made in the first 2 days. And 5 submissions in the last ~24 hours.

General stuff:

qnbQrhS.png

Classes:

GsFueeW.png

Keywords:

lmYSwmY.png

Bugs:

ZMOnTh5.png

P.S. The poll will be open till next saturday.

P.P.S. Do you think that this poll should be also linked on /r/projecteternity/ ?

So the time has come to close the poll and show the results.

So far we got 81 submissions.

51 were submitted during first 4 days.

After that there was a period of 24h of no submissions and I've liked the poll on reddit. This brought extra 30 entries.

You can check the results: HERE

Or if google analytics is opening slowly, here are the screenshots:

General stuff:

tqmqv73.png

Classes:

a7pwjhJ.jpg

Keywords:

C4hLSB8.png

Bugs:

j8Gr5KE.png

Now that we've got the results, everyone can use them as some kind of reference point for whatever changes he wants to do.

Personally and at the moment, I am seeing the results in the following light:

- if a suggestion has 50% "do not change / do not care" - there is no point in implementing it as it will please as many players as it will displease.

- if a suggestion has 40% "do not change / do not care" - it's an indicator that the change is either not worth the effort or has very low priority; and can usually be discarded.

- if a suggestion has between 25% and 40% votes against - it's in a gray zone - and requires case-by-case examination. It still would be nice to see them implemented but usually they have lower priority compared to the next category.

- if a suggestion has only 25% voted for "do not change" or less, it clearly indicates that the change is indeed welcome.

---

Speaking of general stuff we had 22 suggestions and 14 have clearly passed.

The discarded suggestions are:

- Accurate Empower nerf (26.7% voted pro; and 68% voted for "do not change")

And the gray-zone / lower-priority suggestions are:

- Increased paralyze effect: add +25% incoming miss-to-graze (vs reflex and deflection) (61% voted pro; and 36.4% voted for "do not change")

- Increased stun effect: add -10 reflex (73.1% voted pro; and 25.6% voted for "do not change")

- Increased prone effect: from 1s to 1.5s (with Slicken adjustment) (64.5% voted pro; and 32.9% voted for "do not change")

- Deep pockets for other classes (68.9% voted for some variant of unlocking; and 29.9% voted for "do not unlock")

- Potent Empower buff (68.8% voted pro; and 27.3% voted for "do not change")

- Sabre proficiency change (58.1% voted pro; and 37.8% voted for "do not change")

- Arcane Dampener: ignore drug effects (66.7% voted pro; and 32% voted for "do not change")

---

Speaking of class-specific stuff we had 51 suggestions and 39 have clearly passed.

While the very low priority suggestions are:

- Mental Binding: paralyze increase from 6s to 7s (54.1% voted pro; and 41.9% voted for "do not change")

- Soul Annihilation: prevent "Raw Damage" part from benefit from physical bonuses (54.3% voted pro; and 42.9% voted for "do not change")

And the gray-zone / lower-priority suggestions are:

- Dragon-Trashed damage buff (35.2% voted for "do not change")

- Body Atonement: AR malus increase from -2 to -3 (63.9% voted pro; and 31.9% voted for "do not change")

- Puppet Master: recovery time change from 4s to 3s for consistency with WT and Ringleader (59.5% voted pro; and 36.5% voted for "do not change")

- Soul Annihilation: apply "Raw Damage" part to primary target only (65.3% voted pro; and 29.2% voted for "do not change")

- Soul Annihilation: increase "Raw Damage" part coefficient to compensate for those two proposed nerfs (25.4% voted for "do not change")

- Avenging Storm: stop procing from non-damage dealing weapon attacks (70.3% voted pro; and 25.7% voted for "do not change")

- Turning Wheel: make it work with ranged weapons too (60% voted pro; and 37.1% voted for "do not change")

- Blade Turning: disallow reflection on attacker himself (56.3% voted pro; and 39.4% voted for "do not change")

- Sacred Immolation: make self-dot have persistently same duration as periodic fire-pulsation effect (67.1% voted pro; and 31.5% voted for "do not change")

- Trickster: slightly increase SA penalty (58.6% voted pro; and 37.1% voted for "do not change")

-------

P.S. My take (i.e. personal opinion) on this is the following:

- suggestions that have clearly passed - get normal priority

- suggestions from gray-zone pass if they have x2 more total votes pro than votes for "no change" get a lower priority (than above category). While the rest of gray-zone suggestions are either very-low priority or even discarded.

- the rest of (general and class specific) suggestions is discarded

But feel free to post your own views and opinions. As always.

And thanks again everyone for voting)

Edited by MaxQuest