Loving the community patch.

So, I have this idea about keywords etc.  but I just don't know how hard it is to add this in (or I'd do it myself - and all my experience trying tells me that one of these days my hard drive will explode and gremlins will come out).  I think it'd be incredible if there were some passive abilities, like heart of the storm for example, that grant +power level to keywords instead of just penetration.  I mean on the one hand it might get out of control if you stack it with items like magran's axe or deltro's cage, but on the other hand I really hate stickin'  an axe on a magey character (for example) who's built around wands or staves.  It'd be nice to boost Decay spells (for another example) without having to use specific items (of which, in this case there are none anyway).   Anyway, since the current topic is leaning into trinkets, it got me thinking

Anyway, so the question(s) is, how hard would it be to put +keyword PL passive abilities in (or alter existing ones, such as heart of storm), and if not that, to create item abilities that cover some of the keywords (such as trinkets with +rejuvenation or +decay).   I suppose the more relevant question should be "does anybody else think this is a good idea?"

Curious to know if lore factors were considered during the choice of new keywords. Some consequences like keybreaker scepter allowing to reflect a skaens finishing blow raise an eyebrow, although I can see an argument as to why it might be justifiable lore-wise. Just one example.

I know this board generally favors gameplay considerations over in-universe consistency, but I personally don't believe Obsidians choices were all completely random or mistakes (although some clearly were).

If a spell / ability can never benefit from any +PL due to faulty keywords, it's bad, sure. But if new interactions created by adding keywords don't make sense, it's also bad, imho.

I don't think there's a perfect answer or that Obsidians approach was 100% consistent either, but I'm interested to know if anyone else shares this concern.

5 hours ago, BlackHat said:

Loving the community patch.

So, I have this idea about keywords etc.  but I just don't know how hard it is to add this in (or I'd do it myself - and all my experience trying tells me that one of these days my hard drive will explode and gremlins will come out).  I think it'd be incredible if there were some passive abilities, like heart of the storm for example, that grant +power level to keywords instead of just penetration.  I mean on the one hand it might get out of control if you stack it with items like magran's axe or deltro's cage, but on the other hand I really hate stickin'  an axe on a magey character (for example) who's built around wands or staves.  It'd be nice to boost Decay spells (for another example) without having to use specific items (of which, in this case there are none anyway).   Anyway, since the current topic is leaning into trinkets, it got me thinking

Anyway, so the question(s) is, how hard would it be to put +keyword PL passive abilities in (or alter existing ones, such as heart of storm), and if not that, to create item abilities that cover some of the keywords (such as trinkets with +rejuvenation or +decay).   I suppose the more relevant question should be "does anybody else think this is a good idea?"

We are doing trinkets for Priests atm and several of them contain PL bonuses for certain keyword. For example a Prayerbook that grants +1 to Inspiration spells and so on.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

5 hours ago, Nights86 said:

Curious to know if lore factors were considered during the choice of new keywords. Some consequences like keybreaker scepter allowing to reflect a skaens finishing blow raise an eyebrow, although I can see an argument as to why it might be justifiable lore-wise. Just one example.

I know this board generally favors gameplay considerations over in-universe consistency, but I personally don't believe Obsidians choices were all completely random or mistakes (although some clearly were).

If a spell / ability can never benefit from any +PL due to faulty keywords, it's bad, sure. But if new interactions created by adding keywords don't make sense, it's also bad, imho.

I don't think there's a perfect answer or that Obsidians approach was 100% consistent either, but I'm interested to know if anyone else shares this concern.

I'm pretty sure I speak for the others as well when I say that nobody thought about Aloth's scepter when redoing keywords. We were more concerned with PL creep than "lore" issues that might pop up. 

Finishing Blow getting reflected is indeed a tad weird, but on the other hand the alternative would be to remove the Punishment keyword entirely just because of this slightly weird (but not too bad) edge case. But from a lore perspective this keyword fits the ability in general.

Those problems you mention are minor (if there are additional ones in the first place) compared to the benefit I think.

What I liked about "cross class keywords" is that you could use items that were designed for other classes for your Priest. E.g. you could use Spine of Thicket Green to boost Xoti's Plant spells. But all in all I think the keywords were just a complete mess.

I would have liked if devs simply made a copy of the "borrowed" ability but give it proper priest keywords, a new name and a new icon. For example Finishing Blow could have been named "Prey on the Weak", have a slightly altered icon, do the same as Finishing Blow but get the Punishment keyword. 

I'm trying to do that with the trinkets atm: copying existing druid/chanter/wizard/paladin abilities but rename then and give them another icon - sometimes even altering the values a bit. Just to widen the narrow spell choice a bit. For example I could take The Moon's Light and rename it as "Light of the Dawnstars", give it another icon and description and Restoration+Protection keywords. Makes more sense for me than just giving the priest an unaltered wizard spells with wizard keywords. 

Then those questions don't even rise up because players assume it's a genuine priest thing and not some cheap copy from another class. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Ok, now Priest trinkets. THey will be switchable like grimoires so you are not stuck with one during combat, you can use the trinket slot + Quick Item slots. Here are some ideas that I wrote down. Some of those spells are copies of other classes' spells, but they'd get their own icons and names and sometimes even altered effects. The intention is to make it less "cheap" to "steal" spells from other classes. But we have to widen the spell choice a little bit. Else you could only do 3 or so trinkets since the original spell choices of a Priest are not that numerous. Anyway here is what I came up with. Feel free to comment and post your own ideas:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Name: Dyrwoodan Prayerbook

Why: Widen spell portfolio. Promote the use of the prayer spells which most Priests don't pick at level-up.

Description: This small book contains simple and catchy prayers and litanies. Variants of those are used in most churches throughout the Dyrwood. Although the different churches all have their own interpretations they mostly have the same effect on the common believer.

Contained spells:
    1. - (maybe Blessing?)
    2. Prayer for the Body
    3. Prayer for the Spirit
    4. Litany for the Body
    5. Litany for the Spirit
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -

Additional effects:
    • +1 PL with Inspiration spells

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Name: Sermon of Punishment and Redemption

Why: Eothas-themed (because the whole game is about Eothas). Widen spell portfolio. Promote punishment spells for priestly DD builds

Description: Saint Rumbalt was among the first of the Eothasian pilgrims to take up the Emperor's offer of resettlement in the distant territory of Readceras. A dedicated priest of the Shining God, Rumbalt was regarded as a leader in his community, known both for his unwavering dedication to his congregation and his stern vigilance against lapses in doctrine. What survives of his sermons reflects this duality, for he emphasized the redemptive power of the faith even as he warned against the dire punishments awaiting those who rejected Eothas' beneficence.

Contained spells:
    1. Barbs of Condemnation
    2. Pillar of Faith
    3. Divine Mark
    4. Shining Beacon
    5. Searing Seal
    6. Pillar of Holy Fire
    7. Storm of Holy Fire
    8. Symbol of Eothas
    9. Light of Eothas

Effects:
    • +1 PL to all Punishment spells

Name: Building on Solid Foundations

Why: PoE Nostalgia. This trinket brings back the Priest talents from PoE with which you could buff your Holy Radiance and Interdiction abilities. Implementation can be done differently (e.g. as different trinkets or as passive effects that get unlocked at the fitting PL).  Also widens spell portfolio quite a bit (with this implementation).

Description: This essay refers to the well known book „Daily Affirmations of Focus and Efficiency“  that is very popular among followers of Abydon. It describes certain excercises and techniques that allow a priest to improve and refine some of their basic abilites.  

Contained spells/effects:
    1. Interdiction
    2. Inspiring Radiance (+10 ACC AoE buff)
    3. Empowered Interdiction (+10 ACC)
    4. Aggrandizing Radiance (+2 to stats)
    5. Painful Interdiction (weaken)
    6. Brilliant Radiance (burn damage)
    7. Intimidating Interdiction (frighten)
    8. Reviving Radiance (revive like Revive the Fallen, but AoE)
    9. Anathema (disoriented)

Effects:
    • none

Name: Amber Star

Why: themed on the Dawnstars - since they play a role in Deadfire. Widen spell portfolio. Lot of non-priest spells now "priestified". Enables to build a party healer as Priest (not Druid).

Description: The six-pointed star is carved from amber. Numerous small pieces of violet crystal are entrapped within it.

1. Restore
    2. Light of the Dawnstars (The Moon‘s Light, Restoration)
    3. Consecrated Ground
    4. Aurora (Moonwell, Restoration, Protection)
    5. Rays of the Morning Sun (...And Evil turned away from the Sun, Restoration, Protection)
    6. Sunlance (Punishment)
    7. Storm of Holy Fire
    8. Hand of Weal and Woe
    9. Light of the Midday Sun (Light of Pure Zeal, Punishment, Restoration) 

Effects:
    • Favor of the Dawnstars: +10% healing done 

Name: Sentry Figurine

Why: Widen spell portfolio. Promote the use of the unloved seal spells, make something for "tank priests".

Description: This small figurine of an armor clad sentry is made of soapstone. A miniscule engraving on its back says „The guardian of our faith will let no heathen pass“.  

1. Halt
    2. Repulsing Seal
    3. Warding Seal
    4. Wall of Flame (Punishment, Fire)
    5. Searing Seal
    6. Spiritual Ally
    7. Shields for the Faithful
    8. Sigil of Ardent Faith (Minoletta‘s Piercing Sigil, Punishment, Condemnation)
    9. Incarnate

Effects:
    • +1 Engagement

Name: Feathered Monstrance

Why: Widen spell portfolio mostly. If you get this trinket you don't need to pick those spells at level up which makes room for more circumstancial spells or for more passives.  Hylea-themed because not much else is in this game. Focus on support.

Description: This monstrance is made from colorful feathers and displays a central, opalescent tail feather of an unknown bird. Every time you look at it you feel uplifted.  

10. Holy Power
    11. Holy Meditation
    12. Holy Sh!t Dire Blessing
    13. Devotions for the Faithful
    14. Champion‘s Boon
    15. Salvation of Time
    16. Shields for the Faithful
    17. Crowns for the Faithful
    18. Soaring of Hylea (Light of Eoaths, but Swift for 30 secs instead of +50 health, Inspiration)

Effects:
    • +1 to Inspiration Power Level

Finger of Death

Appearance: a skeletal finger

Why: Because you want to play a Deathguard, duh? :)

Description: A remnant of Lord Raedric VI, the thayn of Gilded Vale and devoted follower of Berath. During your rule in Caed Nua, a peasant brought you this piece of finger bone and insisted that it's the finger of Raedric who turned into a Deathguard after his death and was finally slewn. 

Contained spells:
    1. Death‘s Cold Grasp (PL1, Kalakoth‘s Sunless Grasp, keywords: Freeze, Punishment, Condemnation)
    2. -
    3. Necrotic Lance (PL 3, keywords: Acid, Punishment) 
    4. -
    5. Death Ring (PL 5, keywords: Acid, Punishment)
    6. -
    7. Touch of Death (PL 7, keywords: Punishment)
    8. -
    9. Cloak of Death (PL9, keywords: Punishment, Condemnation)

Effects:
    • Apparent Deathguard: -5 CON, +3 RES
    • Champion of Berath: gives the wearer the passive ability "Come Sweet Winds of Death" (aura, 2.5 m radius, no phrase counting, no scaling)

Name: Cadegund‘s Powder Horn

Why: PoE Nostalgia. Brings back the arquebus as a chosen weapon. The scaling makes sure it's best with Magrinites, but other priests can also use it. Also brings back the special ability every priests got with that weapon talent in PoE.

Description: Not much is known about Cadegund, a battlefield Priestess of Magran. Her name is engraved on the side of this battle-worn powder horn which she used to reload her trusted arquebus with. Sometimes you hear a faint crackling sound from inside of it. 

Contained spells:

1. Inspired Flame (Lesser Burst of Summer Flame, less base dmg: 14-22, keywords: Fire, Punishment)
    2. Spiritual Weapon Arquebus (burning lash scales up with Aggressive/Clever and down with Passionate/Diplomatic dispositions; model: Arquebus_Superb)
    3. -
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -

Additional effects:
    • Magran‘s Drill: -20% reload speed with firearms (note that this will not stack additively with Maia's armor or Sure Handed Ila. So -20% and -20% --> NOT -40%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sabhan‘s Rat Skull

Why: PoE Nostalgia. Brings daggers as a chosen Skaen weapon. I tried shackles (Ball and Chain ingame model without the Ball) but it is not possible. Skean already got stiletto and club like in PoE, So I had to come up with something else and daggers seems to be a good fit. The scaling makes sure they are best with Skaenites, but other priests can also use them. Also brings back the special ability every priests got with that weapon talent in PoE (in this case Lesser Sneak Attack).

Description: This skull of a rat is white and polished and has eyes made from blackstone. You have the impression that it squeaks in your backpack from time to time. Better to put it near you, that poor thing.

Contained spells:
    1. Insinuation of Rebellion (PL1, Whipers of Treason, Keywords: Condemnation)
    2. Spiritual Daggers (dual, corrosive lash scales up with Cruel/Deceptive and down with Aggressive/Benevolent; model: Dagger_CRE_Animat )
    3. -
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -

Effects: 
    • Prey on the Weak (Lesser Sneak Attack: +10% dmg, scales up with Cruel/Deceptive and down with Aggressive/Benevolent - note that this will stack with other additive dmg bonuses, e.g. when multiclassed with Rogue or Fighter and so on). Debateable if a Skaen/Rogue with perfect dispositions would be too good. Maybe remove the scaling? Or maybe it would just be like a Single Class Rogue's Sneak Attack. Also depends on the intensity of scaling of course.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: The Golden Bulla

Why: PoE Nostalgia. Brings Morning Star as a chosen weapon for Eothas. The scaling makes sure it's best with Eothasians or Gaunites, but other priests can also use them. Also brings back the special ability every priests got with that weapon talent in PoE (in this case Hope Eternal - but adopted to Deadfire).

Description: A gilded and sealed bulla. There are ornamental suns all over its surface and no visible weatherin marks. No matter how hard you try you can‘t open it. Yet when you touch it, you feel encouraged.

Contained spells:
    1. Soothing Warmth (PL1, like Lesser Lay on item Hands_Healing_Hands but with PL scaling)
    2. Spiritual Morning Star (burning lash, scales up with Benevolent/Honest and down with Cruel/Deceptive; model: Morning_Star_Superb)
    3. -
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -

Effects:
    • Hope Eternal: Resistance against Resolve afflictions (passive)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ivory Key

Description: A key made from the tusk of an unknown mammal. The head is carved into the form of a human skull. Once you hold it all those distracting emotions get damped down a bit.

Why: PoE Nostalgia. Brings Macer as a chosen weapon for Berath. The scaling makes sure it's best with Berathians, but other priests can also use it Also brings back the special ability every priests got with that weapon talent in PoE (in this case the Pallid Hand).

Contains spells:
    1. The Pallid Hand (PL1, lesser Concelhaut‘s Corrosive Siphon, 5 base dmg instead of 8, keywords Acid, Punishment, Restoration)
    2. Spiritual Mace (corrosive lash, scales up with Stoic/Rational and down with Cruel/Passionate, only main hand; model: Mace_Exceptional)
    3. -
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -

Effects:
    • Undying Gatekeeper: melee hits drain 10% of the damage dealt as health

----------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Dried Ear of Grain (before you ask, an "ear" is not the thing with which you hear - in this case)

Why: Due to the other nostalgia weapons. Couldn't let Xoti down. :)

Description: Despite its fragile apprearance, this ear is surprisingly hard and resilient. It emits a soft warmth when you hold it in your hands.

Contains spells:
    1. Burning the Stubbles (PL1, lesser Torrent of Flame, foe-only!, 15-25 Burn damage, keywords: Fire, Punishment) 
    2. Spiritual War Scythe (weapon proficiency Pollaxe, burning lash, scales up with Benevolent/Honest and down with Cruel/Deceptive; model: Lord Darryn‘s Voulge)
        ◦ OR Spiritual Hayfork (weapon proficiency Pike, same otherwise; model: Lance of the Midwood Stag)
    3. -
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -

Effects:
    • Bounteous Harvest: +1 spell use of spell level 1 per kill

----------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ice Shard

Why: Due to the other nostalgia weapons. Couldn't let Vatnir down. :)

Description: An ice shard from the White March which radiates cold. It is said that it was taken from the Russetwood crater. Oddly enough, it doesn‘t melt - even under the hot sun of the Deadfire Archipelago. It‘s really convenient to put it near your food supplies…

Contained spells:
    1. Glacial Gust (Druid PL1, Winter Wind, keywords: Freeze, Punishment)
    2. Spiritual Battle Axe (two handed, freezing lash, scales up with Honest/Rational and down with Benevolent/Diplomatic; model: Beast of Winter "hammer" -which looks like a huge primitive wilder axe, but scaled down to kith size - if possible. Else Amra or Oathbreaker's End model)
    3. -
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -

Effects:
    • Enigmatic Cold: while afflicted, Freeze damage heals for 10% instead of dealing damage

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Name: The Executioner‘s Hood

Why: Due to the other nostalgia weapons. Couldn't let Woedicans down. :)

Description: This torn and burned hood can‘t be worn anymore. But every time you touch it you feel a surge of righteousness. It helps you to make all those hard but just decisions.

Contained spells:
    1. Guillotine (PL1 like Blessed Harvest)
    2. Spiritual Executioner‘s Sword (Geat Sword, raw lash like Woedica‘s Spiritual Fists, scales same; modal: Great_Sword_CRE_Naga)
    3. -
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -

Effects:
    • Coup de Grace: +20 health on kill

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Glass Eye

Why: PoE Nostalgia. Brings Quarterstaff back as a chosen weapon of Wael. The scaling makes sure it's best with Waelites, but other priests can also use it. Also brings back the special ability every priests got with that weapon talent in PoE (in this case Incomprehensible Revelation adapted to Deadfire).

Description: This doesn‘t look like the usual glass eye. Actually it looks like a real eye floating in a glass sphere together with some glitter. And you could swear it winks every time you look away.

Contained spells:
    1. Sparkling Glitter (PL1, Arkemyr‘s Dazzling Lights, keywords: Condemnation)
    2. Spiritual Quarterstaff (like Wael‘s Spiritual Rod, model: Quarterstaff_Superb_Fampyr)
    3. -
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -

Effects:
    • Incomprehensible Revelation: gain the Smart inspiration for 10 secs every time you confuse an enemy 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for now...  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Name: Dyrwoodan Prayerbook

If you are not adverse to *creating* new skills, the logical way to end this trinket would be to extend the theme of single target Iong duration Inspiration skills with

6. Benediction for the Body (Hardy + Quick for 60s)
7. Benediction for the Spirit (Acute + Steadfast for 60s)
8. Sanctification for the Body (Hardy + Nimble for 60s)
9. Sanctification for the Spirit (Acute + Resolute for 60s)

OR

8. Sanctification for the Body (Hardy + Quick +  Strong for 60s)
9. Sanctification for the Spirit (Acute + Steadfast + Insightful for 60s)

You can of course play around with the rank of each Inspiration (myabe even have PL9 skill give Brillant ?), and I like the idea that the 'ultimate' prayers giving every Inspiration of their category (Body/Mind), so there are a lot of flexibility.

Also, since PL for Inspiration only ever boost the duration of those Inspiration, maybe more than +1PL is appropriate ?

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Name: Sermon of Punishment and Redemption

If you are not keen to great new skills, I understand that you are stuck, but I find weird to have the DD trinket to give PL9 Light of Eothas, a big healing skill that doesn't even have the Punishment keyword. Maybe Incarnate would be a better choice ?

I never really played with Spiritual Weapons, so I'm probably just not getting it - but do you really think we need more of them ?

10 hours ago, Heukalyptus said:

If you are not adverse to *creating* new skills, the logical way to end this trinket would be to extend the theme of single target Iong duration Inspiration skills with

6. Benediction for the Body (Hardy + Quick for 60s)
7. Benediction for the Spirit (Acute + Steadfast for 60s)
8. Sanctification for the Body (Hardy + Nimble for 60s)
9. Sanctification for the Spirit (Acute + Resolute for 60s)

OR

8. Sanctification for the Body (Hardy + Quick +  Strong for 60s)
9. Sanctification for the Spirit (Acute + Steadfast + Insightful for 60s)

You can of course play around with the rank of each Inspiration (myabe even have PL9 skill give Brillant ?), and I like the idea that the 'ultimate' prayers giving every Inspiration of their category (Body/Mind), so there are a lot of flexibility.

Also, since PL for Inspiration only ever boost the duration of those Inspiration, maybe more than +1PL is appropriate ?

If you are not keen to great new skills, I understand that you are stuck, but I find weird to have the DD trinket to give PL9 Light of Eothas, a big healing skill that doesn't even have the Punishment keyword. Maybe Incarnate would be a better choice ?

I never really played with Spiritual Weapons, so I'm probably just not getting it - but do you really think we need more of them ?

Nice ideas for the prayers. The second suggestion is my favorite.

If we don't nerf Brilliant I won't put it on anything. :)

You have to be careful with PL bonuses, even if it's only Inspiration. Reason is: if a spell has more than one keyword, let's say Inspiration + Restoration because it also heals, and you get +2 PL to Inspiration, then also the healing part will profit from the inspiration bonus. Now imagine you get a bonus of +2 to Restoration and +4 to Inspiration (this trinket + Xoti's Lantern for example). Now that spell would already have +6 PL. I want to prevent accidental PL creep.

This can get out of hand very quickly (especially because of the new keyword arrangement that lead to more keywords on most spells). So I want to keep it low at first. We can raise it if it turns out that a PL creep doesn't happen with this or that combo.

The Sermon of PaR contains Light of Eothas because the story of St. Rumbalt is one of Punishment and Redemption . If you read the description text again it maybe makes more sense. The idea of Rumbalt is that you have to be strict and punish every wrongdoing on the way to Salvation. This Salvation/Redemption should come at the end. The trinkets shouldn't only be mechanically fitting but also theme/lore wise I think.

Edited by Boeroer

Yeah, I wanted to give Robust and Brillant on PL8 and 9 respectivly at first, but Brillant is such a powerful Inspiration ...

You are right on PL, I didn't think about skills wtih multiple keywords ! Maybe then dodge the situation entirely by simply giving a +X% Beneficial Effect Duration on the trinket (or do this only apply to the Inspirations applied TO the character, not the ones they apply to others ?)

Another alternative would be to use your ideas you put in

20 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Name: Building on Solid Foundations

and giving each new trinket their own way they interact wtih Holy Radiance, instead of having the full Building on Solid Foundations. For exemple, Amber Star would have its 9 skills, plus the effects of Reviving Radiance. Dyrwoodan Prayerbook would have Aggradizing Radiance. Sermon of Punishment and Redemption (thanks for explaining the resoning behing this trinket!) gets its Radiance to deal fire dmg to all foes, not just Vessels.

This solution gets away from PL, and add flavors to the iconic Priest skill, which I really enjoy.

How do you feel about a trinket have doesn't give a skill at every Power LvL, by multiple skills at a single Power LvL : I was thinking its a shame we don't get the see the different Incarnates often (you need a lvl 19 pure Pirest, and even then they can only cast the one Incarnate from their god), so maybe a trinket that offer the five different Incarnates to summon (we can even try to give Woedica one) at Power LvL 9, but no other skills at PL 1-8. The priests would only have a single Incarnate skill activated at a time, obvisouly, but they could summon the right Incarnate for the right situation.

• Like 1

Would be nice to have a few extra sources of Energized, Intuitive, and Courageous, though. They’re fairly limited compared to Robust and Swift (though the latter is also limited and Energized is limited more so than Brilliant.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

1 hour ago, AndreaColombo said:

Would be nice to have a few extra sources of Energized, Intuitive, and Courageous, though. They’re fairly limited compared to Robust and Swift (though the latter is also limited and Energized is limited more so than Brilliant.)

Yeah, you have a point. By removing the Constitution and Intelligence Inspiration from 6 7 8 and 9 PL skills, we can bump up the other Inspirations to rank 3, I think. It also reduces the redundancy of having so many skill giving the same Inspiration. And if we are going away from "all the Body/Mind Inspiration" for PL 8 and 9, maybe we could even mismatch them (like having Might and Resolve Inspiration rank 2 and 3 at PL 6 and 8 respectively) ?

On 6/16/2019 at 9:17 AM, Boeroer said:

Name: Cadegund‘s Powder Horn

Why: PoE Nostalgia. Brings back the arquebus as a chosen weapon. The scaling makes sure it's best with Magrinites, but other priests can also use it. Also brings back the special ability every priests got with that weapon talent in PoE.

Description: Not much is known about Cadegund, a battlefield Priestess of Magran. Her name is engraved on the side of this battle-worn powder horn which she used to reload her trusted arquebus with. Sometimes you hear a faint crackling sound from inside of it. 

Contained spells:

1. Inspired Flame (Lesser Burst of Summer Flame, less base dmg: 14-22, keywords: Fire, Punishment)
    2. Spiritual Weapon Arquebus (burning lash scales up with Aggressive/Clever and down with Passionate/Diplomatic dispositions; model: Arquebus_Superb)
    3. -
    4. -
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -

Additional effects:
    • Magran‘s Drill: -20% reload speed with firearms (note that this will not stack additively with Maia's armor or Sure Handed Ila. So -20% and -20% --> NOT -40%)

Wanted to suggest a little variation for a similar Magran's battle priest trinket :

Contained spells:

2. Spiritual Weapon Greatsword (burning lash scales up with Aggressive/Clever and down with Passionate/Diplomatic dispositions; model: Firebrand)    
    3. Spiritual Weapon Arquebus (burning lash scales up with Aggressive/Clever and down with Passionate/Diplomatic dispositions; model: Arquebus_Superb)
    4. Combusting wound (or Flame shield)
    5. Aefyllath ues mith fyr
    6. Sunlance
    7. Zahndethus’ Draconic Fury
    8. FireStag
    9. -

Additional effects:
    • Magran‘s blessing : +2 burn AR / -4 freeze AR

Name: The word of Berath (for Berath)

Why: To experience the initial plan for priest subclasses that was changed for being kind too restrictive and regrettable

Description: Many messages need exhaustive interpretation, but this may led to misinterpretations, something unwanted in the pursuit of a strict worship. You can feel a  minuscule presence inside this small piece of adra. Somehow makes convictions towards [god] stronger, and reminds  of the basic, indisputable teachings of [god]

Effects:  -Cant cast spells of [protection, condemnation, inspiration, etc] According to the original plan for each subclass (one trinket for each god)

-Increased power level to automatically learned spells of each subclass

Or if not possible to restrict spells:

Effects: -General reduction of power level

Spells: Automatically learned spells for each god ,with increased power level

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Unity

Why: Roleplaying and lack of general base priest subclass

Description: At first sight some beliefs seem oppose others, but an long meditation will often lead to the understanding that is not so with the gods.This collar has a disk that somehow has the symbols of each of the gods individually...  at the same time.

Contained spells:

The last two spells of every subclass, but with reduced power level

Effects: General small reduction to power level

On 6/17/2019 at 11:37 PM, DragorTheDrake said:

So guys when is the next major update for this mod planned to be released?

continuing on this point from my last post I forgot to also ask what changes the next update to the patch would contain for the game?

Edited by DragorTheDrake
Correction

9 hours ago, DragorTheDrake said:

continuing on this point from my last post I forgot to also ask what changes the next update to the patch would contain for the game?

Not much - that's all i can say. We did most of suggested changes (a couple of adjustments were dropped due to modding limitations). Some minor changes and improvements + we'll try to fix some compatibility issues with other mods + DoT ussue with TB mode.

Edited by Phenomenum

A list for further "fixes":

1. Deltro's Cage Crimson Panoply Helm --> enchantment
  2. fix the description of Antipathetic Field (it's friendly fire but description says enemies)
  3. Naval Combat Intoimidation --> somehow remove repeating intimidation with no end
  4. FoD Bleak Walker: doesn't profit from Helm of the White Void (+10 ACC for affliction attacks) although it applies sicken
  5. Wild Growth does not work on Ranger's Animal Companion --> not a bug, just my personal wish. :)
  6. Priest trinkets
  7. Druid trinkets

Unfortunately I have very little time atm.

Edited by Boeroer

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Naval Combat Intoimidation --> somehow remove repeating intimidation with no end

Wake up! This exploit was fixed on release :grin:

Edited by Phenomenum

Question for everyone here. Duality of Mortal Presence and it's upgrades do not stack with inspirations (INT or CON), while the Helwalker buff from wounds does stack with MIG inspirations. Given the difference between the sources (one is a class feature the others are an active modal skill), that is probably fine. 

Is that functionality what everyone understood to be the case, or does this seem like a bug to be fixed? 

1 hour ago, Phenomenum said:

Wake up! This exploit was fixed in release :grin:

I just copied the list I made locally so that I don't forget what I was reading in the forums. :)

1 hour ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

Question for everyone here. Duality of Mortal Presence and it's upgrades do not stack with inspirations (INT or CON), while the Helwalker buff from wounds does stack with MIG inspirations. Given the difference between the sources (one is a class feature the others are an active modal skill), that is probably fine. 

Is that functionality what everyone understood to be the case, or does this seem like a bug to be fixed? 

Since Duality is an active buff (modals are considered actives and the ability itself sits ion the left side of the ability tree) but the Helwalker's subclass ability is a passive (sits on the right side) it works as intended. Might be a little confusing for beginners who don't read the stacking rules about actives/passives, but it isn't a bug.

For a future-future-future version of the patch one could think about introducing a general, more promiment ingame description of the stacking rules and also some symbols for stacking that can be added to the description of abilities.

For example one yould add the following symbol if an ability (e.g. Vigorous Defense) stacks with other deflection buffs: stacking_deflection_icon.png?dl=1

Or maybe add a section named "Stacking:" to every ability description which just says something like "does not stack with other active INT buffs" and so on...

Maybe this could be done autimatically if every ability gets tagged with a certain new "stacking-keyword". For example a keyword like "stacks_with_all", "stacks_with_deflection_only", "stacks_with_fortitude_only", "stacks_with_reflex_only", "stacks_with_will_only", "stacks_with_inspiration" and whatnot...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Boeroer said:

A list for further "fixes":

1. Deltro's Cage Helm --> enchantment

Unfortunately I have very little time atm.

Deltro cage helm? doesnt that already have an enchantment? dont you mean the Crimson helm?

But then if you look at my charecter with the build i plan on going (which i got through console commands for this demenstation) you can see that the crimson helm does not or do you mean that the plan is to change the enchnchment on the deltro cage slitly? 

2019-06-19_2130_19.png