@Phenomenum: I think you didn't fully understand was I was saying. :)

You didn't test under the same conditions as I did. I don't think it's a problem on my part. 

Also you shouldn't be so quick to judge what can and can't be. ;) 

---

First of all I tested hand mortar with Backstabs from invisibility and stealth (non-vanishing strike) and it indeed only applies to the initial target as I said. If you use Powder Burns it may be that it doesn't get applied at all IF Powder Burns hits first in the combat log (also as I said):

powerder%20burns%20no%20bs.png?dl=1

As you can see there is 0 Backstab, Powder Burns hit first. As I said. Man I said a lot of correct things I presume... 😛

But: I didn't test WotEP until now (like you used in your first screenshot). It behaves differently than mortars. The AoE of WotEP is implemented differently compared to AoE of Rod and mortars. You can see this when trying to do Whispers of the Wind or Flagellanth's Patch or Heart of Fury: with WotEP you will only do single target hits while you will do Full AoE hits with mortars. So both AoEs must be implemented differently. I tested WotEP now and it behaves differently than mortars: It indeed procs Backstabs for all AoE hits in range as in your screenshot. I conclude that you only tested WotEP before I didn't so our test results didn't match.

So: you get multiple Backstabs out of WotEP - but not from mortars. I tested multiple times:

no aeo backstab.png?dl=1

In this case Powder Burns hit second so we can see a single Backstab from the initial pierce hit (mortar's AoE does slash).

---

Then your second screenshot: you didn't use Vanishing Strike but Smoke Veil. I mean Vanishing Strike was my whole point. Of course Blinding Smoke doesn't proc Backstab then. Because your initial hit already removed the invisibility and thus Backstab will not get applied to any further attacks of Blinding Smoke. 

Since Blinding Smoke procs off of a weapon it counts as weapon attack. Same reason why Avenging Storm procs off of it as well as off of Grave Calling's Chillfog.

Try Blinding SMoke with Vanishing Strikes (not Smoke Veil - you have to do some shots while Vanishing Strike is active) and you can see how you get a lot of additional Backstabs from Blinding Smoke:

backstab_galore.png?dl=1

You can clearly see that those 9 or 10 enemies can't produce 42(!) Backstabs just from AoE hits with a single mortar shot. Blinding Smoke procs Backstabs in this case, too.

Conclusion: you need to test Hand Mortar with Blinding Smoke and Vanishing Strikes so that you can finally believe me. ;)
Attention: The Vanishing Strike attack itself will not proc any Backstab (I think this is new - I believe it did with the old Backstab) - only with the additonal Attacks you do while Vanishing Strike is active.

Solution: alter Backstab as you altered Avenging Storm (only procs off attacks from weapons that do damage). 

Maybe @MaxQuest and @AndreaColombo or somebody else can take the time and repeat my tests as well and confirm or bust my claims - so we can see if there is indeed a problem with my game.

Edit: Extra mod was loaded after basic. Also I get the correct implemention of Backstab (raw dmg and the icon on my char when he's invisible) - so I guess taht part is correct as well.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

28 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Conclusion: you need to test Hand Mortar with Blinding Smoke and Vanishing Strikes so that you can finally believe me. ;)

The thing is not in "belive or not" - i just can't reproduce things you mentioned.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Hmmm 1

@Boeroer

https://uploadfiles.io/eevzxbct

Please, test this file. I've changed activation trigger from "On Scoring Graze Hit - Crit Hit" to "On Deals Damage".

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

@Phenomenum, @MaxQuest: From Patch notes (Basic):

• Avenging storm: Effect now applies only when deal damage with weapon

This works for Blinding Smoke (good) but stuff like Chillfog from Grave Calling still procs Avenging Storm (I guess because it deals damage).

Leave it or fix it? 

Uhm. Ehh, can't do that. This is a limitation of current mechanics. 

Avenging Storm was only checking for it's source (which had to be "weapon"). Phenomenum has changed the AttackEnemyOnEvent event type to OnDealsDamage. And I think that's all we can do here, since Avenging Storm indeed considers that that Chillfog has weapon source.

20 hours ago, pixelrevolt said:

I have also noticed prones lasting an incredible length of time.

17 hours ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

I started a new play through using the community mods. I'm noticing knockdown lasts for quite a while (both from slicken, knock down, force of anguish) - much longer than 1.5 seconds. Is it possible it's being affected by INT? Something else? 

Oops, a value of 10s (that was used for testing) has slipped through.

I have set it to 1.5s now (according to the poll) and re-uploaded the mod as v1.0.1. You will have to re-download the Extended version now. (note: delete the v1.0.0 Basic and Extra that you already have first)

Additionally, Pheno has fixed the subclass icons, and I have re-uploaded the respective module.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

@Boeroer

https://uploadfiles.io/eevzxbct

Please, test this file. I've changed activation trigger from "On Scoring Graze Hit - Crit Hit" to "On Deals Damage".

I tested it and it removes Backstab from Blinding Smoke 👍 Yay! :)

It also makes sense to use "on damage" and not "on graze/hit/crit". So it seems this is a good fix.

The rest can stay in my opinion. WotEP doing AoE Backstab is fine. And mortars NOT doing AoE (with non-vanishing strike situation) is also fine for me. They are too good anyways.

• Gasp! 1

18 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

The thing is not in "belive or not" - i just can't reproduce things you mentioned.

That's because you don't have "the gift". 🤪 

11 minutes ago, MaxQuest said:

Additionally, Pheno has fixed the subclass icons, and I have reuploaded the respective module.

Damn... every time I see that Nalpasca subclass icon with that cool psychedelic background I want to start a new stoned monk run. :)

• Haha 2

Pheno has sent me the updated Backstab (with onDealsDamage instead of just GrazeHitCrit), and I have re-uploaded the Extended package.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, MaxQuest said:

Pheno has sent me the updated Backstab (with onDealsDamage instead of just GrazeHitCrit), and I have re-uploaded the Extended package.

Thank you. Since all critical problems (at least knowed ones) is solved, we finally can rest. Or eat.

• Like 2

Dumb question, but last time I checked (which was definitely post-5.0 release), the penetration of the corrosion AoE from Rot Skulls was still a base of 0, which makes the spell pretty pointless.  I know that particular bug came up in the turn based beta testing and it seemed like a simple one-liner fix was all that was needed.  Is that fix included in the polishing mod anywhere?

You can look at the patch notes of the CommunityPatchExtra. It mentions all changes:

From Nexusmods:

General:

• Slog Zone movement speed debuff no longer lingers on rest
  • Prone duration was increased from 1s to 1.5s. Slicken interval was changed from 3.0s to 4.5s
  • Sabre Proficiency malus was changed from +50% recovery time to -10 Deflection

Barbarian:

• Carnage originated from offhand, no longer uses main hand's base damage

Chanter:

• Dragon Thrashed base damage increased from 4 to 5

Cipher:

• Body Attunement AR malus increased from 2 to 3
  • Mental Binding duration increased from 6s to 7s
  • Puppet Master recovery time decreased from 4s to 3s (to match Whisper of Treason and Ringleader)

Druid:

• Spiritshift Boar's regeneration passive tooltip adjusted
  • Rot Skulls base penetration increased from 0 to 6

Fighter:

• Weapon Mastery now provides +5 accuracy instead of +5% damage

Monk:

• Forbidden Fist is now considered a weapon attack (rather than spell). FF/Ciphers can generate focus now. Base penetration decreased from 9 to 7.

Priest:

• Cleansing Flames changed from ApplyOverTime to ApplyOnTick DoT. The damage and duration remains the same. It mainly affects tooltip.

Ranger:

• Arcane Archer's Imbue spells now get +0.25 Penetration per point in Arcana
  • Wounding Shot DoT changed from ApplyOverTime to ApplyOnTick. It still deals 10% dealt damage per tick, but it fixes it's tooltip.
  • Wounding Shot DoT was set to fixed duration. It is no longer affected by INT/Graze/Crit. It always is 3 ticks for 10%.
  • Wounding Shot DoT now stacks with itself.

Rogue:

• Backstab got reworked. Instead of providing +100% base damage bonus, it now deals +20 Raw Damage as flat bonus (+5% per PL) (and generates the same amount of focus for mindstalkers).
  • Deep Wounds was changed to a ApplyOnTick with fixed duration. Instead of doing varying damage (from 28% to 80%) over varying duration, it now always deals 4 ticks for 5% of crush/slash/pierce damage dealt, for 20% total, just as it's tooltip was always saying

Items:

• Rakhan Field Boots: No Quarter can be used only on hostile targets now
  • Shroud of the Phantasm: Mind Over Matter can trigger only from hostile attacks now

7 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

Great effort, folks!

Is there a unified final list of all items that the Community patch changes (and how it changes them)?

So far there's only one next step planned. And then maybe a next one after that, who knows? ;)

Trinkets will come - so there's that. And whenever a bug or very unbalanced (Ship combat intimidation) or uncool thing comes up (like the helmet of Crimson Panoply) which is fixable by modding it might end up in the patches as well. 

Currently we are at 1.01.

Edited by Boeroer

So a bunch of priest abilities LOST keywords as well, is that right? For instance Harvesters of Gaun don't get plant keywords anymore? I love the rationalization but isn't this removing versatility from a class that didn't have that much anyway? Additionally I was wondering since the criteria is 

• Fire / Frost / Electricity / Acid / Decay - this keywords used for damage/punishment spells with elemental damage.

Then why doesn't Symbol of Berath get a corresponding keyword?

• Symbol of Berath: Punishment, Condemnation

Not trying to nitpick - phenomenal job all around. 

Edited by pixelrevolt

Similarly, PL5 Cleansing Wind from Druid got the keyword Rejuvenation added, because the skill "restores health", but shouldn't that logic also apply for PL 6 Garden of Life ? Am I missing something ?

I can't wait to play around with Druid and Priest trinkets, and thanks a lot for that entire mod !

5 hours ago, pixelrevolt said:

Then why doesn't Symbol of Berath get a corresponding keyword?

Obviously, it's our (my in particular) oversight.

5 hours ago, pixelrevolt said:

So a bunch of priest abilities LOST keywords as well, is that right? For instance Harvesters of Gaun don't get plant keywords anymore?

Because "Plant" is the Druid keyword. We will release Trinkets Mod soon enough, which give a bunch of bonuses to Priests and Druids, based on keywords >>> even more versatility. However, Keywords Mod will also be adjusted. So don't worry - we'll give all our love to Priests :)

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 2

Can we talk about some of the companion subclasses? Two examples that bother me the most:

Frermàs mes Canc Suolias: Wrath of the Five Suns is just not worth 2 Zeal and it's better to just use 2 FoD's instead. The scaling is just bad for a multi-projectile-ability without projectile-count-scaling. Imo it needs to scale MUCH better with PL to compensate for this RP related design flaw or at the very least the Zeal cost has to be reduced to 1. Also, being locked out of Sworn Enemy and Brand Enemy is another severe disadvantage.

Harvester of Gaun: Why the Hel (😋) is this the only Priest-Subclass not able to select Light of Eothas at PL9? Does that make any particular sense?

• Like 1

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

24 minutes ago, L4wlight said:

Frermàs mes Canc Suolias: Wrath of the Five Suns is just not worth 2 Zeal and it's better to just use 2 FoD's instead. The scaling is just bad for a multi-projectile-ability without projectile-count-scaling. Imo it needs to scale MUCH better with PL to compensate for this RP related design flaw or at the very least the Zeal cost has to be reduced to 1. Also, being locked out of Sworn Enemy and Brand Enemy is another severe disadvantage.

Fair enough to me.

24 minutes ago, L4wlight said:

Harvester of Gaun: Why the Hel (😋) is this the only Priest-Subclass not able to select Light of Eothas at PL9? Does that make any particular sense? 

I believe it's RP related.

17 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

Fair enough to me.

I believe it's RP related.

Doesn't strike me as logical. A Harvester of Gaun casting Light of Eothas makes much more sense than for example a Follower of Skaen casting it.

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Re: Frermàs mes Canc Suolias - my understanding is that there is a Brand Enemy and Sworn Enemy version of it already in the game data that can be enabled via console. I would love it if the upgrades were unlocked.  

As far as economy of Zeal, it’s hard to beat FOD. Maybe if it auto hit it would feel better? Changing it to 1 zeal makes sense to me. No other subclass has the cost of their signature ability go up. If it were 1 zeal it would still be worse than many other subclasses, but at least it wouldn’t feel like you were being punished at the same time. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 7:43 AM, Boeroer said:

There was a bug report prior to 5.0 that mentioned that issue wit several unique items that lost their enchantments. I think it has nothing to do with mods.

I think you will find that the bug report matches your problem. I don't know what causes this and I thought it was fixed. Maybe check file integrity.

I checked file integrity, to no avail. It's not a major bug though. Thanks for clearing that up !

Edited by dukeisaac

2 hours ago, L4wlight said:

Can we talk about some of the companion subclasses? Two examples that bother me the most:

Wrath of the Five Suns has no recovery in PoE 1 too, this is a trash ability even with 1 zeal now due to it's bad scale and recovery.

• Like 2