@MaxQuest: not mandatory at all, but will it also go to steam? It's very convenient to install from there and the mod will get listed right besides the game (especially if many use and rate it).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

25 minutes ago, Arctur said:

I have to ask this one more time: Is AndreaColombo's Deadfire Unnerved Mod compatible with Community Patch?

Yes. Load it after CP, just in case.

@Boeroer Sorry for this little mess witn Icons - it seems like some weird data corruption in .gamedatabundle file, because i double checked it and find no technical mistakes.

What does it do?

Unnerving)

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

Yes. Load it after CP, just in case.

Thanks Phenomenum.

@Boeroer: Brings items pre-patch 1.1. Some items are quite good (Swift Hunter's Garb for Xoti), and I find it annoying that one always has to use the usual-suspect-equipment.

• Thanks 1

@Boeroer you haven’t checked out my mods?!? I’m wounded! :p

• Haha 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thanks and kudos for the excellent work guys! 👍😍

Most of the changes are appropriate, keep the design philosophies in tact/ mind, are well thought and not over the top.

And the icons are freakin' beautiful! Well done! 👌 Can't imagine the blood, sweat and hard work that went into this.

The fact that it's a community patch is especially important to me. Without a very wide range of players of this community using and accepting it, I wouldn't dare to touch such a mod. 😅

Edited by L4wlight
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

2 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

@Boeroer Sorry for this little mess witn Icons - it seems like some weird data corruption in .gamedatabundle file, because i double checked it and find no technical mistakes.

Hey - no worries! No problem whatsoever. Thank you for turning my icons into a proper mod! :)

1 hour ago, L4wlight said:

And the icons are freakin' beautiful! Well done! 👌 Can't imagine the blood, sweat and hard work that went into this.

Thank you! :)

Hehe. It was indeed a lot of work. But it was also surprisingly fun to do. I'm neither a professional artist nor illustrator so my workflow and methods may have been terrible - but still I would totally do it again.

• Like 2

I just now realized that what Andrea's mod does is "unnerfing". :lol:

I seriously was wondering why it was an unnerving mod. Like if it had enemies who scratch over chalkboards with their claws or something. ;)

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I just now realized that what Andrea's mod does is "unnerfing". :lol:

I seriously was wondering why it was an unnerving mod. Like if it had enemies who scratch over chalkboards with their claws or something. ;)

"If it were so, it was a grievous fault

And grievously hath Boeroer answer'd it."

Unnerved ... lol. Bad mistake. Thanks for editing, Boeroer.✍️

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

Couple changes we discussed that aren't mentioned on the Nexus: Wand proficiency for Kalakoth's Minor Blights and Rotskulls; Weapon Mastery +5 Accuracy. Are those in and undocumented, or were they eventually discarded?

Weapon Mastery change is included in CommunityPatchExtra. I have added it to the changelog list :)

As for wands - that will be in a future update.

12 hours ago, Boeroer said:

@MaxQuest: not mandatory at all, but will it also go to steam? It's very convenient to install from there and the mod will get listed right besides the game (especially if many use and rate it).

I will think about it)

Meanwhile have added a few screenshots of the icons you made. Thank you again, for investing into them)

5 hours ago, L4wlight said:

The fact that it's a community patch is especially important to me. Without a very wide range of players of this community using and accepting it, I wouldn't dare to touch such a mod. 😅

Bingo! :) That's why I started that initiative with polishing thread and poll in the first place. Because I'm in the same boat)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, MaxQuest said:

Meanwhile have added a few screenshots of the icons you made. Thank you again, for investing into them)

Cool. Although the Rogue screenshot lacks several of the new icons. I would say roughly 30% of his new icons are not there.

Fighterand Cipher seem to be fine after first glance.

I started a new play through using the community mods. I'm noticing knockdown lasts for quite a while (both from slicken, knock down, force of anguish) - much longer than 1.5 seconds. Is it possible it's being affected by INT? Something else? 

Edited by Ivanfyodorovich

All the changes this mod add are very intresting one thing im wondering is with the evenutial update to the crimson helm with the enchantment I take it the helm will also have a unique description to make the helm feel more unique also the only other thing I can think of is a helm for the One Dozen Stood armour to make that set feel more complete what do you guys think?😀

Edited by DragorTheDrake

I loaded up the complete community patch and I noticed a small bug with Thaos' Headdress. 

The ability description seems to have disappeared, along with the associated bonuses. Could the patch have anything to do with it ?

Apart from that amazing work with the patch, I'm looking forward to the additional trinkets for priests and druids.

Edited by dukeisaac

1 hour ago, dukeisaac said:

The ability description seems to have disappeared, along with the associated bonuses. Could the patch have anything to do with it ?

No, Community Patch have no relation with this item. We didn't touched any items, exept Rakhan Field boots and Shroud of the Phantasm. Can you check this again, by turning mod ON/OFF?

Provide the list of mods you using and it's load order.

Edited by Phenomenum

1 hour ago, dukeisaac said:

I loaded up the complete community patch and I noticed a small bug with Thaos' Headdress. 

Apart from that amazing work with the patch, I'm looking forward to the additional trinkets for priests and druids.

There was a bug report prior to 5.0 that mentioned that issue wit several unique items that lost their enchantments. I think it has nothing to do with mods.

I think you will find that the bug report matches your problem. I don't know what causes this and I thought it was fixed. Maybe check file integrity.

@Phenomenum: So, I tested the Extra-Version of Backstab now and found the following:

• Like before, Backstab with an AoE weapon does only apply to the initial target because invisibility and stealth drop right afterwards. I think this is good.
  • If you have stuff like Poweder Burns you will do no Backstab because Poweder Burns always hits first, removes insivibility/stealth but itself can't get Backstab bonus. I think this is meh - you can't use Backstab when Powdr Burns is on. This is the same as with the old Backstab though - not the fault of the mod.
  • Blunderbusses only produce one Backstab instance no matter what. This is excellent!
  • Effects that proc off a weapon and do an attack roll - for example Blinding Smoke - do get Backstab bonus if you are invisible/stealthed when they hit. Stealth drops immediately so no harm. No multiple Backstabs this way. We will come back to Blinding Smoke though.
  • Now it comes: Vanishing Strike... :)
    • Vanishing Strike gives you an invisibility that doesn't drop.
    • Thus, all hit rolls that qualify for Backstab will get the raw damage bonus. That is very powerful.
    • Exception: blunderbusses and other multiprojectile weapons still only proc one instance of Backstab per shot. This is good.
    • But: all AoE hits from mortars, WotEP and Rods that are <2m will all generate a Backstab instance.
    • No matter how whimpy the base damage of the hit is, it will alwys get the full raw damage bonus of Backstab (by design).
    • Now... Blinding Smoke generates tons of hit rolls because every enemy can emit a Blinding Smoke cone. This is exponential. So if you hit 5 enemies with the AoE of Hand Mortar then 5 enemies get 1 Backstab each from the weapon hit and then can get 5 additional each from the 25 blinding-smoke hits that can be produced (in theory). That's 6 Backstabs with one shot per enemy. In my case this can be 33*6 = 198 extra raw damage per enemy.
    • while testing you won't reach that numbers because you need extreme luck - but you will still see a whole lot of backstabs. Like 3 to 4 per enemy with every shot you do - even on those attack rolls that don't deal damage themselves (Blinding Smoke only applies an affliction). This was not the case with old Backstanb since it was +100% base dmg - but Blinding Smoke has no base damage...
    •  Stuff like Ghost Blades from Engoliero and Chillfog from Grave Calling also proc Backstabs under tha same circumstances. This was also the case with old Backstab but here the damage was lower since 100% of whimpy base dmg is not as powerful as a flat 33 raw (in my case due to PL scaling etc.)

Conclusion: it's mostly fine actually - except:

• Vanishing Strike with AoE weapons. It is abuseable since the raw dmg doesn't care about how low the base dmg is. Is it super-OP? Maybe not because the 2m-rule helps. Seldomly you will hit a group of tightly cramped enemies. And if you can you maybe earned it.
  • Vanishing Strike with weapon procs that are no real weapon attacks (Blinding Smoke etc.) :  This is totally OP. :)  

Solution :

• I wouldn't fix the AoE thing now. But like the new Avenging Storm which only procs off of real weapon attacks now, make Backstab only proc off of "real" weapon attacks, too.

All in all (if you are not trying to break it as I did) it feels really good. Much better especially with those light weapons as Daggers and so on. 👍

That's it from me. I should really go into QA or something. ;)  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

@Phenomenum, @MaxQuest: From Patch notes (Basic):

• Avenging storm: Effect now applies only when deal damage with weapon

This works for Blinding Smoke (good) but stuff like Chillfog from Grave Calling still procs Avenging Storm (I guess because it deals damage).

Leave it or fix it? 

Edited by Boeroer

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Like before, Backstab with an AoE weapon does only apply to the initial target because invisibility and stealth drop right afterwards. I think this is good. 

It can't be:

dEosBuX.png

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

If you have stuff like Poweder Burns you will do no Backstab because Poweder Burns always hits first, removes insivibility/stealth but itself can't get Backstab bonus. I think this is meh - you can't use Backstab when Powdr Burns is on. This is the same as with the old Backstab though - not the fault of the mod.

Effects that proc off a weapon and do an attack roll - for example Blinding Smoke - do get Backstab bonus if you are invisible/stealthed when they hit.

Now it comes: Vanishing Strike... :)

• Vanishing Strike gives you an invisibility that doesn't drop.
  • Thus, all hit rolls that qualify for Backstab will get the raw damage bonus. That is very powerful.
  • Exception: blunderbusses and other multiprojectile weapons still only proc one instance of Backstab per shot. This is good.
  • But: all AoE hits from mortars, WotEP and Rods that are <2m will all generate a Backstab instance.
  • No matter how whimpy the base damage of the hit is, it will alwys get the full raw damage bonus of Backstab (by design).
  • Now... Blinding Smoke generates tons of hit rolls because every enemy can emit a Blinding Smoke cone. This is exponential. So if you hit 5 enemies with the AoE of Hand Mortar then 5 enemies get 1 Backstab each from the weapon hit and then can get 5 additional each from the 25 blinding-smoke hits that can be produced (in theory). That's 6 Backstabs with one shot per enemy. In my case this can be 33*6 = 198 extra raw damage per enemy.
  • while testing you won't reach that numbers because you need extreme luck - but you will still see a whole lot of backstabs. Like 3 to 4 per enemy with every shot you do - even on those attack rolls that don't deal damage themselves (Blinding Smoke only applies an affliction). This was not the case with old Backstanb since it was +100% base dmg - but Blinding Smoke has no base damage...
  •  Stuff like Ghost Blades from Engoliero and Chillfog from Grave Calling also proc Backstabs under tha same circumstances. This was also the case with old Backstab but here the damage was lower since 100% of whimpy base dmg is not as powerful as a flat 33 raw (in my case due to PL scaling etc.)

It can't be:

MwkQ8qT.jpg

Solution :

• I wouldn't fix the AoE thing now. But like the new Avenging Storm which only procs off of real weapon attacks now, make Backstab only proc off of "real" weapon attacks, too.

It was in vanilla and i didn't changed this:

"AttackFilter": {
                        "KeywordsIDs": [],
                        "KeywordLogic": "Or",
                        "Race": "None",
                        "IsKith": "false",
                        "HealthPercentage": 0,
                        "HealthOperator": "EqualTo",
                        "Range": "None",
                        "ClassTypeID": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
                        "Source": "Weapon",  It means that you can apply Backstab attack ONLY with real weapon attack.
                        "DefendedBy": "None",
                        "Empowered": "false",
                        "Disengagement": "false",
                        "Stealthed": "false",
                        "UseStealthLinger": "false",
                        "PowerLevel": 0,
                        "PowerLevelOperator": "EqualTo",
                        "ChanceToApply": 1,
                        "AttackHostility": "Default",
                        "TargetType": "None"
                    },

I think there's some problems on your side. Since Extra Backstab overrides Basic version, please, make sure that you have Extra pack loaded AFTER Basic. I can't reproduce any effects you mentioned on my side 🤔

Edited by Phenomenum