46 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

Why?

I'm guessing cos the same base damage would apply to multiple targets. But that would make the mortar guy good against groups, single target dps would still be kinda meh compared to what I proposed I think.. at least in theory.

tsgUO.gif

Because he will have -50% reload time and highly increased Sneak Attack damage due to Powder Burns and thus gets more Gambit shots out of Vanishing Strikes than any other Rogue. Gambit internally generates Guile but is capped after execution. But during execution it's there, adding tons of dmg bonuses to Gambit-hit-rolls. Mortars generate a lot of hits per shot. Thus you can see a lot of combat log entries that show +250% Gambit dmg.

Also mortars + Stalking Cloak will stun all enemies in AoE, Blinding Smoke will unlock Deathblows immediately and all AoE hits under 2m range will get Backstab bonus.

Assassin is also very good. More ACC and PEN but less shots. Streetfighter is a tad better in most cases of you are not fighting very high AR.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

and all AoE hits under 2m range will get Backstab bonus.

Still thinking about restricting Backstab only to primary target... Don't know if this OP or not OP.

It's only with Vanishing Strikes, right?

Usually invisibility will break after initial target got hit and then AoE hits don't get Backstab bonus anyway. Or will they with your implementation?

50 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

It's only with Vanishing Strikes, right? 

Usually invisibility will break after initial target got hit and then AoE hits don't get Backstab bonus anyway. Or will they with your implementation?

It's better if you take any AoE weapon and try. After your vacation)

You know the sword the Pallid Knight incarnate is wielding?

It looks like a black Sanguine Sword:

nrjEbTj.png

Looks pretty cool and, being the sword wielded by the Pallid Knight herself, wouldn't it make sense for the Priest of Berath's summoned weapon to look like that?

Provided, of course, that the summoned weapon VFX could be applied to this particular model (I would also retain the current summoned weapon icon for consistency.)

What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

@Phenomenum: I mean that's how it works in the unmodded game. I tested only a few days ago after Kaylon sayd that it's not the case. It still is though. WotEP and Mortars etc. don't get any Backstab bonus for the AoE hits - and also no Assassinate bonuses. I guess because the AoE hits occur a lot later than the initial attack.

If you set auto pause on encounter start then the game actually pauses after your initial strike (invisibility/stealth is already gone then) and before the AoE hits get rolled.

Of course I don't know how you implemented the modded Backstab. I will test after vacation ;)

@AndreaColombo: looks nice. How exactly do you get it via console? I thought I had cycled through all great sword models but didn't see this... I think.

@Boeroer This one’s tricky because it’s called just “great sword”; I used Unity Console to give myself all items called “Great Sword” in order to get it.

• Thanks 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Of course I don't know how you implemented the modded Backstab.

I've taken activation scripts from Assassination ability instead of vanilla activation via attack filter in status effect. That's all, if we talk about Basic version.

Edited by Phenomenum

There a number of interesting Great Sword models in game which can be used:

Item name: Animated_Great_Sword_Summon
Asset: prefabs/items/appearance/weapons/great_sword/great_sword03_summon.asset

Item name: Great_Sword (i think this is @AndreaColombo mentioned)
Asset: prefabs/items/appearance/weapons/great_sword/great_sword01.asset
VFX: prefabs/effects/abilities/priest/fx_spiritual_weapon_berath.prefab

Item name: Great_Sword_PallidKnight  (Or this)
Asset: prefabs/items/appearance/weapons/great_sword/great_sword_pallidknight.asset

Item name: Citzals_Enchanted_Armory_Great_Sword_Weapon
Asset: prefabs/items/appearance/weapons/great_sword/great_sword01_citzal.asset

Item name: Priest_Spiritual_Weapon_Berath_Greatsword
Asset: prefabs/items/appearance/weapons/great_sword/great_sword01_berath.asset

Item name: Animated_Great_Sword_Summon
Model: prefabs/items/appearance/weapons/great_sword/great_sword03_summon.asset

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

I think the Naga Great Sword (Great_Sword_Naga I believe) can totally be used as an Executioner's Sword (I want to give this as second Spiritual Weapon to Woedica Priest via trinket - since single scepter is kind of lame and dual scepter kind of weird in this case).

Flame and Coral Naga ones also look nice but are a bit too much over the top I think.

You know what would be cool, too? Spiritual Scepter + Spiritual Imperial Orb. Where the orb works like Kalakoth's Minor Blights (burn, without the lash maybe since that would be too good). So... royal... ;)

54 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

You know what would be cool, too? Spiritual Scepter + Spiritual Imperial Orb.

We can add some lashes to Scepter. Or some interesting effect - since it One-handed, maybe some % chance to proc something.

Edited by Phenomenum

Coming back to deadfire after the 5.0 patch, i cant wait to see the result of your community patch. My first runs were in 1.x and i am waiting your patch to fully experience the game
Thanks for your work, and other mods, guys

Hey hey everyone! We have uploaded the pilot v1.0.0 version of Community Patch on nexus!: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/335

P.S. If you spot any inexactness, or have any suggestions for the presentation of the mod page, feel free to write it here.

P.P.S. I'll be mostly afk tomorrow, and will address them on Monday+

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 5

@Phenomenum - Will try to have a look at those models throughout the week (I'll be at the in-laws all day tomorrow.)

Couple changes we discussed that aren't mentioned on the Nexus: Wand proficiency for Kalakoth's Minor Blights and Rotskulls; Weapon Mastery +5 Accuracy. Are those in and undocumented, or were they eventually discarded?

• Like 2

Think the icons that were uploaded to the nexus are missing those for subclasses.

36 minutes ago, AndreaColombo said:

Think the icons that were uploaded to the nexus are missing those for subclasses.

Not all. I can't imagine how this happened. Though i already fixed it (using backup gamedatabundle file), i'll keep investigating what happens. Only subclasses were missing and not all subclasses. Weird thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndreaColombo said:

Wand proficiency for Kalakoth's Minor Blights and Rotskulls; Weapon Mastery +5 Accuracy. Are those in and undocumented, or were they eventually discarded?

Weapon Mastery +5 Acc in and just weren't mentioned.
Wand proff will be in next update, don't worry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1