10 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

ROFL @MaxQuest will come back and think "what the frickin' fuu?"

No, he is wide awake. Don't worry.

Did you adjusted those icons we have mentioned? 4 days left

Edited by Phenomenum

Okay, guys. I want to tell you something.

We have a poll results, and we make our mod according to your votes, with Basic and Extra versions. I can admit that some things, that were not covered by our vote, looks strange, but we can't change some base mechanics or items, because one or two peoples said that's he/she don't like it.

So we need some more feedback to change something else.

That's it.

Edited by Phenomenum

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

ROFL @MaxQuest will come back and think "what the frickin' fuu?"

I am checking the thread occasionally from my phone)

And will chime in regarding few points that I've noticed on the last two pages:

- I think that making invis grant "-85% recovery time" like stealth, is a bit too much. First: stealth is unreliable and only "usable" once per combat. Second: do we really want to give the incentive for players to go invis and immediately break it (just for the faster recovery)? That said I wouldn't mind if it was giving something closer to "-30% recovery time". But am also generally ok with it as is.

- Imho WotW should keep the invis part. There is a chance that it is required for "to not confuse AI targeting". Plus, it is matching thematically.

- If I would have to nerf WotW, I would first consider adding some "Winded" effect after the monk has used WotW. Winded could last 5s and pause wounds generation. Or,.. another approach could be: limiting the interaction between WotW and ranged weapons, such that if the weapon is ranged (and not a fist) - there is no jumps (take that mortars ^^).

- Rakhan Field Boots: should not be usable on friendlies.

- Shroud of the Phantasm: Mind Over Matter should not trigger out of combat. Let it just be a pleasant but occasional bonus, like was probably initially intended, Personally I have doubts that someone on purpose left a 1% chance for chore'ful shenanigans.

P.S. Regarding Phenomenum's post above. I think we are feature-locked for the upcoming release; at least when it comes to suggestions that can have deeper consequences. 

Edited by MaxQuest

@Phenomenum: I did the rest of the icons. But again forgot Sister of the Reaping Moon. Anyway, you got PM. ;)

Will deliver Sister otRM later this evening. Will keep it simple.

I also agree that we should first publish the stuff that is covered by the poll.

After that we can still make another poll with the things that came up afterwards and implement that as well.

@MaxQuest: I personally don't need a nerf of WotW and also need no change to recovery from invisibility.

Rhakan Field Boots is weird but it doesn't affect a whole lot of people and it doesn't occur if you are not explicitly trying to do it. Same with Shroud otPhantasm. Both just provide a bit of cheese but you usually don't do that accidentially but use metas knowledge. Thus the chance that this annoys players is very low. So for me that's low priority as well. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

6 minutes ago, MaxQuest said:

left a 1% chance for chore'ful shenanigans.

Ok, and what we should do? On one side this 1% force player to do some "autistic actions" to gain Brilliant inspiration. Another side: if we change 1% to 5% or 10% is it will be ok?

No. Brilliant is too strong anyways. And the Shroud has this other enchantment "Living Illusions" which is very strong and also Mystical Celerity which is great, too. JKust leave it at 1% as a nice bonus to have. 

3 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Rhakan Field Boots is weird but it doesn't affect a whole lot of people and it doesn't occur if you are not explicitly trying to do it

Maybe i can change ability to "Only in fight"?

3 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

Maybe i can change ability to "Only in fight"?

Hmmm... then you can't use it to initiate combat from stealth which is a bit sad. Usually all offensive abilities work out of combat because of that. The problematic thing is that the ability can be used on oneself. 

Maybe leave it for now and we keep thinking about it. ;)

15 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

@MaxQuest: I personally don't need a nerf of WotW and also need no change to recovery from invisibility.

Rhakan Field Boots is weird but it doesn't affect a whole lot of people and it doesn't occur if you are not explicitly trying to do it. Same with Shroud otPhantasm. Both just provide a bit of cheese but you usually don't do that accidentially but use metas knowledge. Thus the chance that this annoys players is very low. So for me that's low priority as well. 

Pretty much the same regarding WotW and recovery-from-invis.

For Rhakan Field Boots, I would like for them at least not be usable on self. Dual-blunderbussing yourself is just weird, in addition to exploitable (as mentioned by dunehunter) 

For Shroud: I would leave the 1% chance. As I agree with Boeroer here, the main point of this cloak was to provide two other enchants: Living Illusions and Mystical Celerity. While the rare Brilliant proc was just a tiny bonus (usually far weaker than Soul Fragment enchant from DoC armor; but potentially better in long fights). Still though, I don't really like that it can be triggered out of combat. I do enjoy meta-knowledge shenanigans; but not when they are based on a chore.

Edited by MaxQuest

4 hours ago, MaxQuest said:

I do enjoy meta-knowledge shenanigans; but not when they are based on a chore.

I also dislike chores but why take them away from people who are willing to go through them?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

18 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

I also dislike chores but why take them away from people who are willing to go through them?

Can't find the right words at the moment. But something tells me that this specific chore (with 'brilliant' cloak) is just not right.

Maybe because it partially goes against no-prebuffing idea in Pillars.

Maybe because it gives a sensible advantage, enough to be tempting, but at the same time causing some sloth feeling, when thinking about capitalizing on that proc.

P.S. So, do you guys want for CommunityPatchExtra to make that cloak proc only during combat? Or leave that cloak as is?

Edited by MaxQuest

13 hours ago, MaxQuest said:

P.S. So, do you guys want for CommunityPatchExtra to make that cloak proc only during combat? Or leave that cloak as is?

Still waiting for any responses...

Honestly I don't care much about this particular issue. But since it most likely isn't intended behavior: sure, only procs during combat. Easier than making it proc only from enemies' hits I presume.