Hooray! Day one endorsement from me :)

• Haha 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Buffing weapon spec and weapon mastery? Or maybe nerf a bit WotW and Resonant Touch?

Specially Frostseeker + Resonant Touch, I dunno why the AoE triggered by crit attack is counted as two layer of Resonant Touch, but I think it is a bug. Also it's kinda OP u can get a maxinum of +9 Resonant Touch to single target from one shot, plus +6 RT in AOE, which can be converted into around 300 raw damage to single target, 200 to enemies in small area....

@Phenomenum Maybe fix the aoe to only add one RT instead of two?

Also you might want to pay attention to No Quarter from the Rakhan Field boots, because this can be used on self, and can be used out of combat, which combines with dual blunderbusses to make triggering Brilliant very very ez.

Plus I don't think in mechanism side attack from invisible should get recovery reduction, it's how it works.

Edited by dunehunter

You only get the stealth recovery bonus when stealthed, not invisible. And I wouldn't "fix" this because then stuff like Vanishing Strikes or Arkemyr's Brillaint Departure become super-OP. Vanishing Strikes induce non-breakable invisibility (that would mean -85% recovery time while vanished!) and ABD doesn't break as long as you don't cast damaging spells and walls (casting CC or Buff spells with 85% recovery reduction would be OP, too).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Resonant Touch is capped at 25 with the COmmunity Patch. I think that's nerf enough. You'll have to spend 2 wounds and have action time + recovery every 25 stacks in order to repeat it.

I think the current "new" Backstab is fine. Even if 2 handers with lashes (mind you: high base damage weapon WITH high lash - nothing else!) will do a bit less damage than before (not less than light weapons!). Light weapons will do more damage than before, but still less than two handers.

The overall damage dealt with an single attack + Backstab will still be higher with two handers - simply because they deal more damage per hit.

But the Backstab bonus "portion" of the attack will remain equal for light or heavy weapons. 

So please don't change anything @Phenomenum. Especially not recovery from stealth - you'll end like OBS: "fixing" one problem while creating two new ones. ;) 

Edited by Boeroer

55 minutes ago, dunehunter said:

Resonant Touch?

What's up with RT? We had restricted max stack count to 25 (and yes it's work as intended). Do you have any other concerns?

Edited by Phenomenum

56 minutes ago, dunehunter said:

Also you might want to pay attention to No Quarter from the Rakhan Field boots, because this can be used on self, and can be used out of combat, which combines with dual blunderbusses to make triggering Brilliant very very ez.

Ok, i get it.

56 minutes ago, dunehunter said:

Plus I don't think in mechanism side attack from invisible should get recovery reduction, it's how it works. 

Sorry, but i don't understand you) Can you be more specific?

Whispers of the Wind (Monk PL 9).

I don't know how you would nerf that without breaking it. If you remove the invisibility part you might get interrupted during execution which would be superlame. Another thing would be the number of jumps or the max distance between enemies. But this would need serious playtesting to do it right. I wouldn't touch it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Resonant Touch is capped at 25 with the COmmunity Patch. I think that's nerf enough. You'll have to spend 2 wounds and have action time + recovery every 25 stacks in order to repeat it.

This only affect mega boss combats imo, which doesn't means this ability is not OP with mutliple projection weapons. This is my opinion, fix or not is depends on your guys' side for sure :)

1 minute ago, dunehunter said:

This only affect mega boss combats imo, which doesn't means this ability is not OP with mutliple projection weapons. This is my opinion, fix or not is depends on your guys' side for sure :)

In PoE it has a dmg threshold of 10. That means you couldn't build a stack if you did less than 10 damage per roll. Maybe something similar would be good to prevent multiprojectile/multi-hit cheese. But I don't know if that's moddable.

In general it is not OP (if capped). But it is with certain item combos. But if you nerf the basic ability because of some meta-item-combos you are going the obsidian way so to speak: a nerf that hurts the non-powergamer the most. Better to "fix" the multiprojectile-cheeses than Resonant Touch itself.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

Ok, i get it.

Sorry, but i don't understand you) Can you be more specific?

I mean you are not supposed to get -85% recovery from invisibility, that's what i try to say. I thought u think this was a bug earlier, if not then nvm.

Just now, Boeroer said:

In PoE it has a dmg threshold of 10. That means you couldn't build a stack if you did less than 10 damage per roll. Maybe something similat would be good to prevent multiprojectile/multihit cheese. But I don't know if that's moddable.

This is actually a good idea!

Just now, Boeroer said:

Read my portion about invisibiltiy and recovery bonus of 85%. I think that clears it up.

I think you don't understand that English is not my native. I ask you to be more specific about your request - i will help if i can, but only if i can understand you.

6 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Whispers of the Wind (Monk PL 9).

I don't know how you would nerf that without breaking it. If you remove the invisibility part you might get interrupted during execution which would be superlame. Another thing would be the number of jumps or the max distance between enemies. But this would need serious playtesting to do it right. I wouldn't touch it.

Maybe not bounce back to original target? So if you have two target, it won't repeat between A and B?

PS: sorry but english is not my native neither 🤣😂

Edited by dunehunter

17 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

You only get the stealth recovery bonus when stealthed, not invisible. And I wouldn't "fix" this because then stuff like Vanishing Strikes or Arkemyr's Brillaint Departure become super-OP. Vanishing Strikes induce non-breakable invisibility (that would mean -85% recovery time while vanished!) and ABD doesn't break as long as you don't cast damaging spells and walls (casting CC or Buff spells with 85% recovery reduction would be OP, too).

@Phenomenum: read that. Why you should not change recovery time when invisible. It only works from stealth for a reason. :)

1 minute ago, dunehunter said:

Maybe not bounce back to original target? So if you have two target, it won't repeat between A and B?

I don't know. Everybody loves it. It's superfun to use even if it is a bit OP. And it's PL 9 and the major complaint about SC classes is that most PL8/9 stuff is underwhelming. 

Preventing it from jumping to former targets would make it pretty lame in most cases I think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Dude, that was ME 😄

Ha-ha) Funny mistake from my side)

"You only get the stealth recovery bonus when stealthed, not invisible. And I wouldn't "fix" this because then stuff like Vanishing Strikes or Arkemyr's Brillaint Departure become super-OP. Vanishing Strikes induce non-breakable invisibility (that would mean -85% recovery time while vanished!) and ABD doesn't break as long as you don't cast damaging spells and walls (casting CC or Buff spells with 85% recovery reduction would be OP, too)."

"I think the current "new" Backstab is fine. Even if 2 handers with lashes (mind you: high base damage weapon WITH high lash - nothing else!) will do a bit less damage than before (not less than light weapons!). Light weapons will do more damage than before, but still less than two handers.

The overall damage dealt with an single attack + Backstab will still be higher with two handers - simply because they deal more damage per hit.

But the Backstab bonus "portion" of the attack will remain equal for light or heavy weapons. 

So please don't change anything @Phenomenum. Especially not recovery from stealth - you'll end like OBS: "fixing" one problem while creating two new ones. ;) "

Ok, ok. I see, I should think about it.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1