@ocelotter: Does Caedebald's Blackbow only do corrode damage? Not corrode/pierce or so? If it only does corrode dmg I would also vote for keyword acid. Because it's not a superstrong weapon to begin with given that you can't have it as a multiclass character and looking at the other spells of that Power Level. +1 PEN would be ok. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Blackbow attack already have a WarBow, Conjuration, and Acid KW's. This weapon works with Modal Ability, gains benefit from all weapon passives and items that grants bonus to "Acid" attacks. What's the problem then? :)

19 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

One thing: I'm using @MaxQuest's mod Spoils of Caed Nua to bring back some items from the first game. One of them is the Cloak of the Tireless Defender, which grants bonus Constant Recovery. Is it possible to make that ability use the same icon as Rapid Recovery?

fflqCxi.png

Yeap, I think I can do that. I think it will make sense to add it to CommunityPatchIcons. So if you have that, and SpoilsOfCaedNua both installed, BonusConstatnRecovery will use the new icon.

11 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

Ok, now is last thing - trinkets.
Boeroer, what's our summary at the moment? I have no word from @MaxQuest yet - i belive he is busy.

Oh, indeed. I had a surprisingly busy week by my standards. And this one might be similar.

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

@Phenomenum, @MaxQuest and the others: So concerning trinkets...

Shall I sit down and "design" a few Priest trinkets with the recent discussions in mind?

• Some "themed" ones that bring a bit lore as well. Something like Dyrwooden Prayerbook, St. Herman's Essay on Warfare and so on? Those would give certan fitting spells and maybe PL bonus or so? I'll try to find stuff that I think is easy to mod. I'll try to find names and themes that are already in the lore or are lore-friendly.
  • Some which bring back the spiritual weapons/passives of PoE back? But maybe without the subclass restriction/special subclass bonuses (too fiddly and takes away build options)? This would mean taht a Priest of Eothas could summon a Magranite Arquebus though. Do we want that? Is it possible to attach a "proper" disposition scaling? I mean would it be possible to attach the favored disposition to that spell? Then a Priest of Eothas could use the spiritual arquebus, but it wouldn't scale well with his opposite disposition. Kind of a soft-lockout, not a hard one. Also means if I design a Skaen-like trinket that adds Lesser Sneak Attack it would be usable by a Priest of Eothas. Which itself is cool I think - but it would be even better if taht Sneak Attack scaled with Skaens favored disposition - if you know what I mean. 

I'm totally willing to write down a whole buch of those if that helps us to get things going.

If you get some inspiration, yeah, it would be nice)

I think there is no urgency in thinking about descriptions and trinket backgrounds, yet. But there is need in:

• detailed effects
  • name (mainly for a hint that it is possible to make a thematic description later)
  • some kind of purpose. For utility/buffing priests/druid it is nice when they become more flexible (i.e. focus on spells 'granted'). For damage dealers it is nice when they become more specialized, i.e. something with a nice boon but also with a drawback. For debilitators it is nice when they become more reliable, or get bonus to duration/aoe; but have to deal with harsh penalties to damage dealt, health or defenses. 

And also there could be some effects to open new ways to play. For example there could be a "Symbol of White Forge" trinket, that adds some new Abydon related spells. Specifically I am thinking about "Anvil", "Hammer of Abyddon" and "Resounding Blows" from a custom subclass suggestion I made long ago. So if you happen to like them, feel free to reuse/adapt those ideas. And same thing with Keeper.

This would mean taht a Priest of Eothas could summon a Magranite Arquebus though. Do we want that?

Hmm, don't really want this.

It would probably make sense to add hard-requirement to such trinket, or scaling that would benefit Magranites more than the others..

I mean would it be possible to attach the favored disposition to that spell?

I.. have doubts that this is possible. 

I do have some understanding how to make an effect scale with priest's disposition. But dunno if it is possible to make it scale with specific deity disposition.

The idea itself is good though. An unusually deceptive priest of Eothas could make use of a trinket with Baby Sneak Attack (that scales with Scaen's dispositions...)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

Hey all, I greatly approve of the work you're all doing the make this game as good as it can be. Obviously this sort of thing takes time and I don't expect accuracy at this point in time, but do you have any estimations on when the major patches to fix the game's issues might all be released? I'd just like a vague time-frame of when I should come back to play the game, again.

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, I was also thinking about bringing back "Inspiring Radiance", "Aggrandizing Radiance" and "Painful Interdiction" as trinket-based effects. Those were my favorite Priest abilites in PoE.

So basically they would "upgrade" Holy Radiance and Interdiction - if that's possible. Else they would simply add a better version of the spell to the portfolio.

I love I’ve the idea of upgrading these. A saints based version that changes the functionality would be awesome.

@Stardusk78 has put lots of work into a priest mod that, among other things, gives each subclass a new, themed Holy Radiance and new themed passive, avatars, etc. 

I think the trinkets should be more subtle (he is not worried too much about balance), but I suspect there is good inspiration there and some code that could be used as reference. 

Re: spiritual weapons - I think having them as subclass spell options is best. Most people won’t choose both, but it’s great to have an option. 

A summoned weapon trinket could effect all of the summon weapon abilities - similar to your Druid bite spell idea, Boeroer - get more casts of spiritual weapon, lose other casts - or add additional scaling with disposition - or give themed Inspirations when summoned (Woedica MIG & RES, Magran DEX & MIG, etc) 

Edited by Ivanfyodorovich

I have spotted thread about exploiting new Intimidate feature and farming endless cash and resources:

So, i decided not to break Intimidation system, because it's one of the core game mechanics all in all - Intimidate still have full functionality, no values changed, you have vanilla chance to avoid fight if you want. But you gain no money and only 3 Food + 3 Drinks - this makes any autistic actions, aimed to farming money or resources, meaningless.

Link: https://uploadfiles.io/decubvc0

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Thanks 3

Test this mod: https://uploadfiles.io/u6f3307y

Mod changes three things:

1. Backstab damage bonus always applies correctly from invincibility (Shadowing Beyond and so on) with all weapons
2. Damage bonus applies to all 4 projectiles with Blunderbuss attacks, instead only first 1 in vanilla.
3. Damage bonus applies to all targets in range with AoE weapons attacks (Whispers of EP, Amra etc.)

Damage bonus still the same as vanilla: +100%

It works fine for me. I want to include this fix in Basic version of Community Patch. Backstab with bonus Raw Damage will be moved to Extras version (overrides a Basic fix if you're using Extas, but you can remove it manually).

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Phenomenum: A question arose... the new "Extra"-Backstab (25 raw dmg + PL scaling and all)... does its damage get included when calculating lashes?

The former Backstab adds 100% weapon base damage to the attack which will be used during the calculation of the lash.
So if you have a 25% lash and roll 20 weapon dmg and did a Backstab you will calculate

20roll + 20backstab = 40 dmg --> 40 * 0.25 = 10lash --> 40 + 10 = 50 overall dmg

Will the new Backstab be like

20roll +25backstab = 45 dmg --> 45 * 0.25 = 11.25lash --> 45 + 11.25 = 56.25 overall dmg

or

20roll = 20 dmg, 20 * 0.25 = 5 lash dmg --> 20 + 5 + 25backstab = 50 overall dmg

?

2 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

3. Damage bonus applies to all targets in range with AoE weapons attacks (Whispers of EP, Amra etc.)

Is there still the 2m-range rule? Or do the AoE hits all receive Backstab bonus no matter how far away from you?

38 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

A question arose... the new "Extra"-Backstab (25 raw dmg + PL scaling and all)... does its damage get included when calculating lashes?

Raw Damage bonus a totally independent.

New Backstab be like:

20roll +25backstab = 45 dmg --> 20roll * 0.25 = 5lash --> 45 + 5 = 50 overall dmg

Edited by Phenomenum

49 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Is there still the 2m-range rule?

Yes. All rules identical to vanilla, exept 3 changes i mentioned. So for Backstab with AoE weapon (Whispers of EP, for example) target should be:

a) in AoE range
b) in 2m. range

at the same time.

Edited by Phenomenum

Ok, thanks. That basically means that the "new" raw Backstab will be worse compared to the old one as soon as heavy hitting weapons with substantial lashes are involved. 

Edited by Boeroer

I still think backstab should only be fixed for light weapons, heavy 2h weapons are slower than dual heavy 1h weapon thus user recover slower after backstab, which is compensated by higher damage.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Ok, thanks. That basically means that the "new" raw Backstab will be worse compared to the old one as soon as heavy hitting weapons with substantial lashes are involved

Yes. And fast light weapon will be more efficient. The goal is equalize light and heavy weapons, because in vanilla heavy weapons were the obvious choice for backstab.

Edited by Phenomenum

10 minutes ago, dunehunter said:

heavy 2h weapons are slower than dual heavy 1h weapon thus user recover slower after backstab, which is compensated by higher damage.

Nope. When you in stealth or invisibility, you gain +70-90% (forgot exact number) bonus to recovery after attack. So, even using heavy 2H weapon you can hit with Backstab, and then, nearly immediately  attack once again.

You're wright such sentence, without knowing how the backstab is work.

Just now, Phenomenum said:

Nope. When you in stealth or invisibility, you gain +70-90% (forgot exact number) bonus to recovery after attack. So, even using heavy 2H weapon you can hit with Backstab, and then, nearly immediately  attack once again.

You're wright such sentence, without knowing how the backstab is work.

I never did that from stealth, mostly from shadowing beyond or veil.

18 minutes ago, dunehunter said:

Of course it matters, u don't get recover reduction when attack from invisible.

Ok, i'll fix this ****)

Edited by Phenomenum