3 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Cool - for me that did the trick. No matter the resolution: looks fine now.

Hm... Let's wait for @AndreaColombo response to be sure. If all will be fine, then it means game needs SQUARE atlas for properly work in all resolutions. Please, try version without gaps (square atlas too). Then we can settle up with one variant.

Edited by Phenomenum

On 5/27/2019 at 3:24 PM, AndreaColombo said:

The weapons I know of are Lord Darryn’s Voulge, Frostseeker, Essence Interrupter, Firebrand, and Frostfall.

Forgot to mention Dragon's Dowry, which has the Fire keyword.

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Is 2560x1440 your monitor's native resolution, @AndreaColombo?

It is.

24 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

Can you test atlas, created with different settings? https://uploadfiles.io/5wivylco

This appears to have worked :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

1 minute ago, AndreaColombo said:

This appears to have worked :)

Fuf... No - FU-U-U-FFF! Also check Shifting Croma and Bodyguard icons

Edited by Phenomenum

On 5/31/2019 at 8:07 AM, Phenomenum said:

It appears that there is no Sister of the Reaping Moon icon 😉. Nevertheless, thank you for all your work putting this patch and icons together. You went above and beyond! ❤️

SotRM.png

15 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

Also check Shifting Croma and Bodyguard icons

They look really good (especially Shifting Chroma) :)

One thing: I'm using @MaxQuest's mod Spoils of Caed Nua to bring back some items from the first game. One of them is the Cloak of the Tireless Defender, which grants bonus Constant Recovery. Is it possible to make that ability use the same icon as Rapid Recovery?

fflqCxi.png

Last thing. This is pretty minor, but some of the icons appear to have a black border on top when placed inside a square. I took a screenshot for Watershaper, although I believe Helwalker actually makes it more obvious:

wo65hQR.png

Not sure whether it can be helped.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

4 minutes ago, AndreaColombo said:

Is it possible to make that ability use the same icon as Rapid Recovery?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, AndreaColombo said:

Last thing. This is pretty minor, but some of the icons appear to have a black border on top when placed inside a square. I took a screenshot for Watershaper, although I believe Helwalker actually makes it more obvious:

Try third version, maybe it will work better.

And the third variant - Atlas with no gaps between icons https://uploadfiles.io/f4v5p67y

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Thanks 1

Not a huge difference, but with version 3 some borders are slightly visible from the round icons. All in all, in my opinion version 2 was the best.

The icon for Weapon Specialization is a red circle within a white square for some reason (same between version 2 and 3.)

33 minutes ago, AndreaColombo said:

The icon for Weapon Specialization is a red circle within a white square for some reason (same between version 2 and 3.)

My small mistake :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AndreaColombo said:

Not a huge difference, but with version 3 some borders are slightly visible from the round icons. All in all, in my opinion version 2 was the best.

Correct. Weapon spec has no square background. :) Also visible in the atlas file. 

I also think version 2 was the best. The dark line at the top of the square icons may actually be the shadow of the relief-effect of the border.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Did any Wizard spell keywords get updated in the keyword portion of the patch? Specifically, the following spells seem to be missing keywords:

• Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon: "Acid"
  • Concelhaut's Draining Touch (and the weapon itself): "Acid"
  • Death Ring: "Decay"
  • Caedebald's Blackbow (and the weapon itself): "Decay"

40 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Afaik Decay is a druid-specific keyword and thus shouldn't be on wizard spells.

Or are there other wizard spells that use it?

@Phenomenum: will write down summary later. Also kind of busy right now. ;)

Decay is not on any other Wizard spell, but the current keyword patch adds it to the Priest of Rymrgand version of Death Ring, so it seems like for consistency it should be added to the original version as well. But that's a reasonable argument to exclude Death Ring and Caedebald's Blackbow altogether, which maybe was the developers' original intent despite the corrode damage those abilities cause.

39 minutes ago, ocelotter said:
  • Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon: "Acid" Already tagged with 2 KW
  • Concelhaut's Draining Touch (and the weapon itself): "Acid" I'm no fan to add KW to weapons - causes more problems than benefits. I'd rather add "Summon Weapon Keyword" to ability
  • Death Ring: "Decay" Boeroer is right - "Decay" it's Druid specific KW. Death Ring's attack tagged by "Acid" KW. I'll add it to ability.
  • Caedebald's Blackbow (and the weapon itself): "Decay" I'm no fan to add KW to weapons - causes more problems than benefits. I'd rather add "Summon Weapon Keyword" to ability

Wizard spells, in general, have proper keywords, and Wizards itself are top casters - no need to buff them even more.

Fair enough. Thank you for all of your work on this.

12 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:
  • Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon: "Acid" Already tagged with 2 KW

Is there a limit to the number of keywords you can add with modding? Or is it just a general desire not to add too much complexity to individual spells?

30 minutes ago, ocelotter said:

s there a limit to the number of keywords you can add with modding? Or is it just a general desire not to add too much complexity to individual spells?

No, no limit) More KW - more ways to buff spell trough + PL items. As i mentioned, Wizards are top casters - no need to buff them even more.

Edited by Phenomenum

The problem with too many keywords on one single ability is indeed that Power Level buffing and also PEN buffing via Heart of the Storm etc. can get out of hand.

Take the example of Greater Maelstrom which hats lots of keywords:

• +1 PEN from Heart of the Storm
  • +1 PEN from Scion of Flame
  • +1 PEN from Secrets of Rime
  • +1 PEN from Fury passive
  • +2 from Deltro's Cage
  • +1 from Otto Starcat or
  • +1 from Pozzi 
  • +3 Power Level from Lord Darryn's Voulge or
  • +4 PL from Sund and Moon+Magran's Favor or
  • +3 from Chromoprismatic Staff

And this is without universal PL buffs like Wellspring of Life, Prestige, Power SUrge etc. - just keyword based PL and PEN stacking.

Every Power Level scales the base damage of the spell by 5%. You can now easily stack 7 PL on Greater Maelstrom which means +35% multiplicative damage. Use with decent MIG (e.g. +30% dmg bonus) and you are at 35*1.3 = 45.5% dmg bonus for Greater Maelstrom. Ouch. :)

Thus one has to be careful with adding keywords - even if it would make total sense from a "logical" perspective. You would break balance of spells otherwise: make some (with many keywords) potentially OP while others will fall behind (e.g. non-elemental spells).

@Phenomenum: If Vatnir's Death Ring gets the Decay keyword there's something wrong I'd say? Since it's a druid-exclusive keyword (like Priests have their exclusive keywords, too). It shouldn't have that I think. It should get something like Punishment and Acid - so basically Priest + universal elemental keywords?
Edit: Eh, sorry . like you said in the edited quote (which I missed the first time while reading it).

With Cadebald's Blackbow: also like Phenomenum said: it does more harm than good (even it it makes total sense): the implementation of immunities (on enemies) prevents that a weapon does damage at all if it is tagged with  the fitting elemental keyword: no matter which type of damage it actually does. Example:

if you fire at a shock immune enemy with Essence Interrupter (which is keyworded with shock) you won't so any damage even though you have pierce/shock damage. The game first checks if the attack it self is keyworded with shock, discards it if that'sthe case and will not get to the point where it would check which damage type would be better. Thus: better to remove elemental keywords from all weapons which do have dual damage types or different damage types than the keyword: Dragon's Dowry (does pierce damage but has fire keyword: no damage against fire immune enemies).

There are weapons that do the same damage type as the keyword they are tagged with: Kalakoth's Minor Blights for example. For those the keywords are fine because they deal exactly the type of damage they are keyworded with. So no harm done: if the enemy is immune to fire an you attack it with a fire keyworded attack taht also does fire damage everything works as expected - in other words: no damage but no surprise. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

If Vatnir's Death Ring gets the Decay keyword there's something wrong I'd say? Since it's a druid-exclusive keyword (like Priests have their exclusive keywords, too). It shouldn't have that I think. It should get something like Punishment and Acid - so basically Priest + universal elemental keywords?
Edit: Eh, sorry . like you said in the edited quote (which I missed the first time while reading it).

Decay is fit Rymrgand too, so i changed it to "Punishment", "Decay". BUT! I didn't noticed that attack section for this spell contains "Acid" keyword. So it will be fair to substitute "Decay" with "Acid".

48 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Thus: better to remove elemental keywords from all weapons which do have dual damage types or different damage types than the keyword: Dragon's Dowry (does pierce damage but has fire keyword: no damage against fire immune enemies).

Yes, i'll do this as separate mod on this week. I will leave untouched only Firebrand with "Fire" KW,  Kalakoth's Minor Blights with elemental KW's, and Rot Skulls with "Desease" and "Decay" KW's. Any other elemental KW on weapons is not worth all those troubles with immune enemies.

• Thanks 1

@Phenomenum, @MaxQuest and the others: So concerning trinkets...

Shall I sit down and "design" a few Priest trinkets with the recent discussions in mind?

• Some "themed" ones that bring a bit lore as well. Something like Dyrwooden Prayerbook, St. Herman's Essay on Warfare and so on? Those would give certan fitting spells and maybe PL bonus or so? I'll try to find stuff that I think is easy to mod. I'll try to find names and themes that are already in the lore or are lore-friendly.
  • Some which bring back the spiritual weapons/passives of PoE back? But maybe without the subclass restriction/special subclass bonuses (too fiddly and takes away build options)? This would mean taht a Priest of Eothas could summon a Magranite Arquebus though. Do we want that? Is it possible to attach a "proper" disposition scaling? I mean would it be possible to attach the favored disposition to that spell? Then a Priest of Eothas could use the spiritual arquebus, but it wouldn't scale well with his opposite disposition. Kind of a soft-lockout, not a hard one. Also means if I design a Skaen-like trinket that adds Lesser Sneak Attack it would be usable by a Priest of Eothas. Which itself is cool I think - but it would be even better if taht Sneak Attack scaled with Skaens favored disposition - if you know what I mean. 

I'm totally willing to write down a whole buch of those if that helps us to get things going.

Edited by Boeroer

Take the example of Greater Maelstrom which hats lots of keywords

It's the one of few exceptions. Also i added a Restoration, Condemnation, Punishment, Fire to Priest's Holy Radiance - but only because this ability was nerfed to the ground, comparing to PoE 1 iteration.

5 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

This would mean taht a Priest of Eothas could summon a Magranite Arquebus though. Do we want that?

No, we don't want that :shifty: It was never been in Pillars series and, all in all, it looks dumb.

I think the spells AND Power Level bonus can be used by anyone, but Spiritual Weapon + special ability On Crit / Health loss / Downed in fight should be restricted to deity.

Edited by Phenomenum

12 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I'm totally willing to write down a whole bubch of those if that helps us to get things going.

Go on)

P.S. Also we can include in trinkets Holy Radiance spell with some different additional effects, depending of deity. Since we lack of develop HR in Deadfire... I think it might be interesting.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

Yes, I was also thinking about bringing back "Inspiring Radiance", "Aggrandizing Radiance" and "Painful Interdiction" as trinket-based effects. Those were my favorite Priest abilites in PoE.

So basically they would "upgrade" Holy Radiance and Interdiction - if that's possible. Else they would simply add a better version of the spell to the portfolio.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, I was also thinking about bringing back "Inspiring Radiance", "Aggrandizing Radiance" and "Painful Interdiction" as trinket-based effects. Those were my favorite Priest abilites in PoE.

So basically they would "upgrade" Holy Radiance and Interdiction - if that's possible. Else they would simply add a better version of the spell to the portfolio.

Yes, it's possible and my vote for using this idea in trinkets. And i can simply add additional effects on HR / Interdiction attack - so "upgrade version" is possible. Keep that in mind.

So...

1. You writing trinkets, based on all info we put together in last days. Some lore description + icons suggestions. And locations where we can find / buy.
2. I do the whole "inside job" - create items, abilities and so on.
3. Max can put together all this stuff and deliver it to the game's world.
4. Profit))

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

@Phenomenum.

With Cadebald's Blackbow: also like Phenomenum said: it does more harm than good (even it it makes total sense): the implementation of immunities (on enemies) prevents that a weapon does damage at all if it is tagged with  the fitting elemental keyword: no matter which type of damage it actually does. Example:

if you fire at a shock immune enemy with Essence Interrupter (which is keyworded with shock) you won't so any damage even though you have pierce/shock damage. The game first checks if the attack it self is keyworded with shock, discards it if that'sthe case and will not get to the point where it would check which damage type would be better. Thus: better to remove elemental keywords from all weapons which do have dual damage types or different damage types than the keyword: Dragon's Dowry (does pierce damage but has fire keyword: no damage against fire immune enemies).

There are weapons that do the same damage type as the keyword they are tagged with: Kalakoth's Minor Blights for example. For those the keywords are fine because they deal exactly the type of damage they are keyworded with. So no harm done: if the enemy is immune to fire an you attack it with a fire keyworded attack taht also does fire damage everything works as expected - in other words: no damage but no surprise.

Wouldn't Concelhaut's Draining Touch fit into the Kalakoth's Minor Blights / Firebrand category? It does exclusively Corrode damage, so the Acid keyword wouldn't cause any problems. This could also apply to Caedebald's Blackbow and the Acid keyword, thought it's less clear that it deserves the keyword: a bolt of negative energy might be tough to describe as acidic even if it does cause Corrode damage.

Of course, if it's a matter of balance that's a different story. I was mostly thinking that there were a lot of abilities in the Wizard tree that seemed to fit the Spirit of Decay mold but were missing the keywords, and it seemed a shame.

Anyways, I'll stop derailing the more productive discussion now. Thanks for humoring me.