4 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

Should be trinkets (both for Druids and Priests) specialized for each subclass or they should simply add some bonuses and spells?

Jumping into this thread to say thanks for the work, and I am really interested in the trinkets for Priest and Druid. It might take some added design work, but I really think it would be cool if each trinket had a small bonus that is great for most and then a stronger bonus that has to be built around but could be used by several subclasses (e.g. Psalter of Bodily Discipline: grants Prayer and Litany for the Body; deal 10% bonus melee weapon DMG against targets with a Body affliction). Ideally these could open up new build options, rather than just making existing ones better (though making existing ones better is cool, too). 

Boeroer had some great ideas, but I'm sure we can think of some others. Do you have an idea of roughly how many we want to add? 

• Like 1

I agree.

Also good point pro trinkets (vs. additonal "native" ability): you'd need to spend an ability point on the latter while you would get it "for free" with the trinket.
What we do want achieve is to give Priests and Druids a bit of the advantages that Wizards have with grimoires (not the same ones because Priests and Druids already get bonus spells). So more "unique" thigs in trinkets is cool with me.

But I'm not opposed to adding a native ability that adds a second spiritial weapon choice either. I mean it's not that most players woul choose both spiritual weapon options I guess...?

But leaning towards "additional spiritual weapons on trinkets". You can do a lot of awesome stuff with a trinket (adding a bit of description, a "theme", even a bit of lore or story if you want). Adding an additional ability to the tree is just that. Quite limited experience all in all.

One could do one "spiritual weapon" trinket for every subclass, sure. And nothing says they couldn't look like mini-versions of the weapons or something. Or a magranite priest's essay about warfare that contains the spell - whatever.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

My thought about Priest's trinkets: It should be 1 trinket per God (e.g. Magranite Prayerbook, Eothasian Prayerbook and so on), consist of 2-3 bonus per encounter spells, which fits the God, and a special ability/bonus which can be activated only corresponding Priest's subclass.

For example, Magran trinket adds 2-3 damaging fire spells, 1 per encounter, which can be used by anyone, and +2 Fire abilities PL and, maybe, some special ability, which can be used only by Priest of Magran - if we follows Boeroer's suggestion, then it should be a second Spiritual Weapon.

Magran
    Bonus spells: Divine Mark, Searing Seal, Cleansing Flame (1 per encounter)
    Bonus spells/abilities (for Magran Priest): Spiritual Weapon - Arquebus, + 2 PL with Fire abilities, auto-casts Flame Shield on self when Critically Hit (1 per encounter)

Berath
    Bonus spells: Interdiction, Lithany for the Body, Barring Death's Door (1 per encounter)
    Bonus spells/abilities (for Berath Priest): Spiritual Weapon - 2 Maces, + 2 PL with Decay abilities, auto-casts Barring Death's Door on self when Health < 15% (1 per encounter)

Skaen
    Bonus spells: Interdiction, Desponent Blows, Divine Terror (1 per encounter)
    Bonus spells/abilities (for Skaen Priest): Spiritual Weapon - 2 Daggers, + 2 PL with Condemnation abilities, auto-casts Revenge of Skaen (10 sec. base duration) on self when downed in fight (1 per encounter)

Eothas
    Bonus spells: Suppress Afflictions, Lithany for the Spirit, Triumph of the Crusaders (1 per encounter)
    Bonus spells/abilities (for Eothas Priest): Spiritual Weapon - Morningstar, + 2 PL with Protection abilities, auto-casts Minor Intercession when ally is downed in fight (1 per encounter)

Wael
    Bonus spells: Blessing, Dire Blessing, Spiritual Ally (1 per encounter)
    Bonus spells/abilities (for Wael Priest): Spiritual Weapon - Quarterstaff, + 2 PL with Illusions and Mind abilities, auto-casts Shadowing Beyond when Health < 15% (1 per encounter)

Woedica
    Bonus spells: Barbs of Condemnation, Pillar of Faith, Warding Seal (1 per encounter)
    Bonus spells/abilities (for Woedica Priest): Spiritual Weapon - Pollaxe???, + 2 PL with Punishment abilities, auto-casts ???

Gaun (Xoti Lantern)
    Bonus spells: Blessing, Restore, Consecrated Ground (1 per encounter)
    Bonus spells/abilities (for Gaun Priest): Spiritual Weapon - 2 Hatchets??? , + 2 PL with Restoration and Inspiration abilities, auto-casts ???

Rymrgand
    Bonus spells: Iconic Projection, ???, ??? (1 per encounter)
    Bonus spells/abilities (for Rymrgand Priest): Spiritual Weapon - Pike???, + 2 PL with Frost abilities, auto-casts special version of Ninagauth's Freezing Pillar when downed in fight (4 m. radius, 30-40 Freeze Damage, Freeze (Paralyze) for 5 sec.)

Let it be a start. Because we disscussing about trinkets for a month, but don't have even a preliminary concept. It's better to do something, than doing nothing.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 2

@Phenomenum: I don't know if I want to follow a too rigid pattern with the priests' trinkets. Your examples are cool - but you already see upcoming problems due to the structural uniformity: e.g. you can't immediately find fitting auto-casts for every subclass. Which is a minor problem of course, but still...

Since trinkets can be very different in shape and effect I think we should emphasize on that. I'm totally in for giving each Priest subclass a special trinket though. One that contains the additional spiritual weapon. But maybe they don't need to all follow the same pattern?

One the other hand it's much easier to actually finish this stuff if we follow such a rigid pattern you suggested. Use it as a guideline. And as you said: it's better to do something than to endlessly speak about it and not knowing what we want to do actually. 

So maybe we take this as a good starting point and see where it's going. Nobody will stop use from adding more (and more "unique" or "weird") trinkets later (like relics from the church's saints or something like univeral prayerbook that only contains prayers/litanies) or to change the behaviour of the initial ones after actual playtesting.

So - cool. Let's see what my take on this would be:

• First of all I would like to be able to switch those trinkets from Quick Slots like you can with grimoires. Did you plan to make them "fixed" or non-swappable during encounter?
  • Most spells you suggested so far are nice. What about PL 8 and 9 stuff for SC priests? I feel we should at least include one spell of 8 or 9 per trinket.
  • But I would add the bonus spells like a grimoire does it: you add the spell to your actual portfolio but you don't gain a spell use. So no 1/encounter stuff. Because I guss those also wouldn't scale with PL, right? Since cast from items and not cast from character.
  • However, a trinket may add a spell use to spell tiers - for example if the bonus spells are a PL 2 spell and a PL 5 spell the trinket could grant one additional spell use of PL 2 and one of PL 5. Then you are not as "locked" into using those exact spells in every encounter. I mean IF you want to allow a bonus spell use in the first place. Wizards only get this through the whole spell tier board from Grimoire of Vaporous Wizardry - and it's OP basically.
  • Rymrgand:
    • spiritual weapon: I'd vote for a two handed battle axe. He seems to be all about axes - his minotaurs have them and so on.
    • bonus spells: Iconic Projection (healing is not Rymrgand's favorite domain), Winter Wind (PL 1), Hailstorm (PL 4)
    • auto cast: maybe "Entropy" on knock out? I fits so beautifully and you don't need to create a foe-only version of Freezing Pillar.
    • auto-cast alternative: when receiving crit in combat: retaliate with Kalakoth's Sunless Grasp or Fetid Caress (1/encounter)?
  • Gaun:
    • spiritual weapon: a scythe (weapon proficiency pollaxe). I fear there's no model for this (maybe there are Roparu who have scythes)? But it would be so good for reaping and all... :) Lord Darryn's Voulge would maybe the closest that we have when it comes to "scythish" blades. 
    • auto-cast: Watchful Presence a the start of combat?
    • or instead give higher light radius even without a lantern or St. Drogga's Skull?
  • Woedica:
    • spiritual weapon: Executioner's sword (use the model of Naga Great Swords which looks fitting, weapon proficiency Great Sword).
    • spiritual weapon alternative: scepter (I mean rulership and queen and all that) 
    • auto-cast: Searing Seal when bloodied (burned queen) (1/encounter)?
  • Wael:
    • auto-cast: is Shadowing Beyond that easy? Where/how do you place the target? I would suggest Smoke Veil.
  • Skaen:
    • spiritual weapon: no additional - Skaen already got his two PoE-weapons (stiletto and club). What he lost was his Lesser Sneak Attack (+20%). I would give him that as passive - but non-scaling.
    • spiritual weapon alternative: whip ("today my master chokes on his own whip"). Or chain. Weapon proficiency flail. Unfortunately we don't have whip models. But maybe one can turn flail heads invisible? Would look cool maybe?
  • Berath:
    • spiritual weapon: single mace in main hand. Dual wielded mace is kind of weird and also if somebody wants to play a "Pallid Knight" sort of priest mace and shield make more sense. Makes room for some cool summoned/non summoned weapon setups.
    • auto-cast: Finger of Death on knockout would be so cool. Wouldn't even be very powerful since it's unlikely that the enemy is near death as well. But if he is... :) Barring Death's Door seems to be too good? It comes with Nemnok's Cloak as well. 
    • auto-cast: Reviving Exhortation on knockout on self (possible)? 1/encounter. Refuses to stay dead like several Death Guards have done (in PoE as well as in Deadfire). 
Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

By the way I would have no problem with basic, non-swappable trinkets for every class. If we keep it real simple and don't devide by subclasses (e.g. trinket for Fighters just improves one single ability like raise Armored Grace from 25% to 30% or just gives +1 discipline or adds a single passive) then I think it wouldn't be too much work... They don't need modals, just an icon and short description. Maybe I would make them all about altering passives as the general approach?

Do we need seperate trinkets for each subclass? How about a trinket which would work like heart-chime amulet, granting different boon  for different subclass (although my PC has both breaths and rymrgand’s chimes, and when I checked if he gets double bonus, the boon he had was... moon godlike?)

what do you guys think about quaver trinkets? Like limited unique missiles for ranged weapons?

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

First of all I would like to be able to switch those trinkets from Quick Slots like you can with grimoires. Did you plan to make them "fixed" or non-swappable during encounter?

I'm sure this is not a good idea. Doing this we simply copying Wizards grimoire mechanic and in the end we get another 6 (8) Wizards subclass. Think about it.

Most spells you suggested so far are nice. What about PL 8 and 9 stuff for SC priests? I feel we should at least include one spell of 8 or 9 per trinket.

This is complicated. Since trinkets must be integrated with keywords and with class gameplay i'm pretty sure (and Max agreed with me) that we must be able acquire them in 1/3 of the game. Give high-level spells is a sweet idea, but ... i fear it will be too early.

But I would add the bonus spells like a grimoire does it: you add the spell to your actual portfolio but you don't gain a spell use. So no 1/encounter stuff. Because I guss those also wouldn't scale with PL, right? Since cast from items and not cast from character.

I don't strongly insist on per encounter - it was just my suggestion. I'm fine if spell will be available till trinket equipped.

However, a trinket may add a spell use to spell tiers - for example if the bonus spells are a PL 2 spell and a PL 5 spell the trinket could grant one additional spell use of PL 2 and one of PL 5. Then you are not as "locked" into using those exact spells in every encounter. I mean IF you want to allow a bonus spell use in the first place. Wizards only get this through the whole spell tier board from Grimoire of Vaporous Wizardry - and it's OP basically. 

I have no firm opinion regarding this. Bonus spell uses is not a bad idea in general. I see no harm at least.

About your variants of trinkets - i'll answer later (not so much time i have). But i like that our trinkets discussion became more concrete ;)

P.S. About autocasts. I don't mean such ability SHOULD be for every trinket. It was my morning brainstorm). So i'm open to suggestions.

Edited by Phenomenum

Heart-chime amulet does not work in the first place 😄

By the way I remember looking at it in the JSONs and I couldn’t spot any obvious issues. Of course I might have missed something, but it’s likely a code issue.

• Thanks 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

14 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

I'm sure this is not a good idea. Doing this we simply copying Wizards grimoire mechanic and in the end we get another 6 (8) Wizards subclass. Think about it.

I did. If you make a dedicated trinket for every Priest subclass and not make it swappable this will lead to a situation where a Priest of Magran always stays with this trinket. Wasn't our motivation to invent trinkets that the Priest (and Druid) always picks the same spells and doesn't have the flexibility that a Wizard has? He will then again not use Prayers/Litanies and otehr spells which are more situational and so on. I thought giving several (different) trinkets that provide some bonus spells that you can cast and which are swappable would solve this exact problem.

17 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

This is complicated. Since trinkets must be integrated with keywords and with class gameplay i'm pretty sure (and Max agreed with me) that we must be able acquire them in 1/3 of the game. Give high-level spells is a sweet idea, but ... i fear it will be too early.

Why complicated? If the bonus spells just get added to your spell portfolio (like Grimoirs do it) you don't get access to those spells unless you have the right Power Level. So if there's a PL 8 spell on the trinket but you are PL 6 you can't cast it (yet). I don't want to add the spells as 1/encounter abilites because it causes problems. I'd like them to be like grimoires "light" with fewer spells (because priests (and druid) already get bonus spells at level up) and other nice bonuses like we write above..

18 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

But we already have ones in BoW...

Yes, but those are a) crap and b) not class specific. The intentional idea with trinkets was that every class gets special ones. As I said I would keep it smiple and maybe only do ones that alter passives or so. Like +10% to Sneak Attack or stuff like that.  Obviously this has very low priority... :)

Concerning auto-casts: ok. I find the idea nice but it may be a bit too good. ;)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I did. If you make a dedicated trinket for every Priest subclass and not make it swappable this will lead to a situation where a Priest of Magran always stays with this trinket. Wasn't our motivation to invent trinkets that the Priest (and Druid) always picks the same spells and doesn't have the flexibility that a Wizard has? He will then again not use Prayers/Litanies and otehr spells which are more situational and so on. I thought giving several (different) trinkets that provide some bonus spells that you can cast and which are swappable would solve this exact problem.

Mmmm... On the second thought you're right)

13 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Why complicated? If the bonus spells just get added to your spell portfolio (like Grimoirs do it) you don't get access to those spells unless you have the right Power Level. So if there's a PL 8 spell on the trinket but you are PL 6 you can't cast it (yet). I don't want to add the spells as 1/encounter abilites because it causes problems. I'd like them to be like grimoires "light" with fewer spells (because priests (and druid) already get bonus spells at level up) and other nice bonuses like we write above..

Aha! I didn't think about it. Need some testing to be sure if this will work, but if you're right, then we can give some hi-lvl spells. Agreed.

16 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, but those are a) crap

I get it. No need for "b)" argument. But i prefer to leave this idea for the future and concentrate on essential things - Priest's & Druid's trinkets :)

• Like 1

• Rymrgand:
    • spiritual weapon: I'd vote for a two handed battle axe. He seems to be all about axes - his minotaurs have them and so on. OK
    • bonus spells: Iconic Projection (healing is not Rymrgand's favorite domain), Winter Wind (PL 1), Hailstorm (PL 4) OK, now we need a third spell
    • auto cast: maybe "Entropy" on knock out? I fits so beautifully and you dn't need to create a foe-only version of Freezing Pillar OK
    • auto-cast alternative: when receiving crit in combat: retaliate with Kalakoth's Sunless Grasp or Fetid Caress (1/encounter)? OK, Kalakoth's is fine
  • Gaun:
    • spiritual weapon: a scythe (weapon proficiency pollaxe). I fear there's no model for this (maybe there are Roparu who have scythes)? But it would be so good for reaping and all... :) Lord Darryn's Voulge would maybe the closest that we have when it comes to "scythish" blades. Need to investigate. No sense if can't find good model
    • auto-cast: Watchful Presence the start of combat? Isn't too early for this spell on combat start?
    • or instead give higher light radius even without a lantern or St. Drogga's Skull? Useful only with Skaen challenge
  • Woedica:
    • spiritual weapon: Executioner's sword (use the model of Naga Great Swords which looks fitting, weapon proficiency Great Sword).
    • spiritual weapon alternative: scepter (I mean rulership and queen and all that) OK, i vote for scepter - too little ranged Spiritual Weapons in game
    • auto-cast: Searing Seal when bloodied (burned queen) (1/encounter)? OK
  • Wael:
    • auto-cast: is Shadowing Beyond that easy? Where/how do you place the target? I would suggest Smoke Veil. Emm.. There's no need for target) Anyway, Smoke Veil is nice too.
  • Skaen:
    • spiritual weapon: no additional - Skaen already got his two PoE-weapons (stiletto and club). What he lost was his Lesser Sneak Attack (+20%). I would give him that as passive - but non-scaling. OK
    • spiritual weapon alternative: whip ("today my master chokes on his own whip"). Or chain. Weapon proficiency flail. Unfortunately we don't have whip models. But maybe one can make flail heads unvisible? Would look cool maybe? Unfortunately we don't have whip models.
  • Berath:
    • spiritual weapon: single mace in main hand. Dual wielded mace is kind of weird and also if somebody wants to play a "Pallid Knight" sort of priest mace and shield make more sense. Makes room for some cool summoned/non summoned weapon setups. OK
    • auto-cast: Finger of Death on knockout would be so cool. Wouldn't even be very powerful since it's unlikely that the enemy is near death as well. But if he is... :) Barring Death's Door seems to be too good? It comes with Nemnok's Cloak as well. What's the Finger of Death?
    • auto-cast: Reviving Exhortation on knockout on self (possible)? 1/encounter. Refuses to stay dead like several Death Guards have done (in PoE as well as in Deadfire). 

‼️

Almost forgot: Who wants to reduce Salvation of Time bonus base duration from 10 to 5-6 sec? Because, basically, with 20+ INT + PL bonus + Empower it gives a awesomesauce beneficial effects duration, which is clearly OP and provoking some cheesing combos with Brilliant Inspiration and some other buffs. And it just a 5 lvl spell.

I feel (and this feeling is strong) we need to cut if off.

Edited by Phenomenum

If it’s going to be in a separate, standalone file, I’m all for it (since I can easily remove that particular file when I install the mod) ;)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

38 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

‼️

Almost forgot: Who wants to reduce Salvation of Time bonus base duration from 10 to 5-6 sec? Because, basically, with 20+ INT + PL bonus + Empower it gives a awesomesauce beneficial effects duration, which is clearly OP and provoking some cheesing combos with Brilliant Inspiration and some other buffs. And it just a 5 lvl spell.

I feel (and this feeling is strong) we need to cut if off.

I'm in for a 2nd round of vote.

1 hour ago, AndreaColombo said:

If it’s going to be in a separate, standalone file

Of course. It will be in Extras addon.

53 minutes ago, dunehunter said:

I'm in for a 2nd round of vote.

It's pretty tall order for one spell ;)

Anyway, i can do this

Edited by Phenomenum

@Phenomenum: Wait, before I vote: I thought the duration that SoT adds is not affected by neither INT nor Power Level? Has that changed? I don't think so... If not: why nerf it in the first place? The SoT+Brilliant cheese is not caused by SoT, it's caused by Brilliant. Next you'd have to nerf Wall of Draining... ;)

If you want to nerf something it's Brilliant. Just make it a bit slower for spell replenishment (12 secs instead of 6) so that you can't chain SoT anymore. Remember that Brilliant replenishes only 1 resource (like Discipline) per 6 seconds but 1 spell use for ALL spell levels. This is not fair at all AND is the problem that causes the SoT/WoD/Brilliant cheese. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Wait, before I vote: I thought the duration that SoT adds is not affected by INT not Power Level? So why nerf it in the first place? The SoT+Brilliant cheese is not caused by SoT, it's caused by Brilliant. Next you'd have to nerf Wall of Drainig...

F*** i must double check it. As  i remember it should, but...

15 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

If you want to nerf something it's Brilliant. Just make is a bit slower for spell replenishment (12 secs instead of 6) so that you can't chain SoT anymore. Remember that Brilliant replenishes only 1 resource per 6 seconds but 1 spell use for ALL spell levels. This is not fair at all AND is the problem that causes the SoT/WoD/Brilliant cheese. 

True, spells works different, but Brilliant was nerfed from 3 to 6 sec. by Obsidian. Isn't enough?

Edited by Phenomenum

In theory, i can divide Brilliant "+resource" effect to casters resources and non-caster class resources... In theory. But it'a hell of a work, even in theory!

ynnGGkx.gif

Let's get back to trinkets.

Edited by Phenomenum

:lol:

I guess that's why Obsidian didn't bother. ;)

I just think it super unbalanced that ciphers get 10 focus, Paladins et al. get 1 Zeal and Wizard/Druid/Chanter get 1 spell use per spell tier (wtf?).

I personally would change Brilliant to +5 INT and +3 to all PL (upgrade from Acute which does +1 PL). Problem solved, still great buff and not much work. But I can already hear the lament. ;)

If Obsidian did it, I could hear the lament too—but if it’s an optional component of a mod, people can easily ditch it if desired.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:55 AM, Boeroer said:

Well the point is not exactly power.

It's the "railroading" in spell choice that Priests and Druids face now. There are always certain spells on a Power Level that are not as generally useful as others - and thus there's nearly zero motivation to take those inferior or more situational spells. Wizard completely circumvents that with grimoires which gives him a huge advantage in Deadfire. Those single bonus spells you get as a Priest and Druid hardly balance the whole grimoire mechanics out. While they are nice, they simply can't.

So, giving the Priest a trinket with some (few) situational "themed" spell selections may enable you to have themed builds (see Prayerbook) - without gimping them - seems like a good idea. It's still not the versatiltiy of a Wizard. But combined with the bonus spells from deity it's enough.

Especially one thing motivates me to oush trinkets: the fact that devs wanted to give special trinket mechanics to every class but couldn't do so because they ran out of time. Well this hurts Priests and Druids the most.

So the main point is variety of char development options, roleplaying and building interesting stuff that's not always the same-same in order to be good.

The fewer "bonus" spells on such a trinket and the other bonuses instead (like power level bonus or spell uses and whatnot) are there to make them distinct from grimoires. Because you are correct that it would be a little bland to simply copy them.

But at the same time we should keep it simple enough.

Edit: my stupid phone's douchy autocorrect is killing me.

---

Example for trinkets:

Priest:

• Sermon of Punishment and Redemption
    • Appearance: scroll, book or bulla
    • Description: Saint Rumbalt was among the first of the Eothasian pilgrims to take up the Emperor's offer of resettlement in the distant territory of Readceras. A dedicated priest of the Shining God, Rumbalt was regarded as a leader in his community, known both for his unwavering dedication to his congregation and his stern vigilance against lapses in doctrine. What survives of his sermons reflects this duality, for he emphasized the redemptive power of the faith even as he warned against the dire punishments awaiting those who rejected Eothas' beneficence.
    • Effects:
      • +1 PL to all Punishment spells
      • contained spells:
        1. Barbs of Condemnation
        2. Pillar of Faith
        3. Divine Mark
        4. Shining Beacon
        5. Searing Seal
        6. Pillar of Holy Fire
        7. Storm of Holy Fire
        8. Symbol of Eothas
        9. Light of Eothas
  • Dyrwooden Prayerbook
    • Appearance: book
    • Description: <bla>
    • Effects:
      • +3 PL to Prayers and Litanies (possible? Else +1 PL to all Protection Inspiration <after correction of keywords> spells)
      • contained spells:
        1. -
        2. Prayer for the Body
        3. Prayer for the Spirit
        4. Litany fot the Body
        5. Litany for the Spirit
        6. -
        7. -
        8. -
        9. His Heart Did Fill With the Light of the Dawn
  • Finger of Death
    • Appearance: a skeletal finger
    • Description: A remnant of Lord Raedric. During your rule in Caed Nua, a peasant brought you this piece of finger bone and insisted that it's the finger of the Deathguard Lord Raedric whom you slew twice. 
    • Effects:
      • - 5 CON, +5 RES
      • gives the wearer the passive ability "Come Sweet Winds of Death"
      • contained spells:
        1. Kalakoth's Sunless Grasp
        2. -
        3. Necrotic Lance
        4. -
        5. Death Ring
        6. -
        7. Touch of Death
        8. -
        9. Cloak of Death

---

more examples

On 4/9/2019 at 8:48 PM, Boeroer said:

Example for trinkets part 2 (keep in mind: just ideas):

Druid:

• Shrunken Head of the Pŵgra
    • Appearance: make an educated guess... ;)
    • Description: This pŵgra had been corrupted by the destruction of their home tree. Just as delemgan seek to maintain the health of their forests, pŵgra seek to corrupt them. Since they can no longer draw essence from a healthy forest, they must survive by drawing energy and essence out of plants, animals, and kith. The rot that infects them usually endows their attacks with a ghastly poison. This shrunken head seems to have a similar effect on you as soon as you wear it. Pŵgra decorate themselves with the skulls, skins, and feathers of enemies they've killed. Now you can do the same.
    • Effects:
      • Corrupting Roots: +1 PEN with all Decay abilites (like Spirit of Decay, stacks), -20% healing done
      • contained spells:
        1. Touch of Rot
        2. Autumn's Decay
        3. Spreading Plague
        4. Form of the Pŵrga (as Form of the Delemgan, but keyword Decay instead of Beast  +6 corrode instead of burn AR, +6 slash instead of pierce AR and immune to poison and disease instead of dex afflictions)
        5. Putrefaction (like Nature's Terror, but corrosion damage, keywords Elements & Decay)
        6. Rot Skulls
        7. Rusted Armor
        8. Entropy
        9. Touch of Death
  • Wooden Grub
    • Appearance: Poe2_figurine_clay_grub_icon.png?version
    • Description: 
    • effects:
      • Lord of the Bugs: +1 lvl-2. +1 lvl-3, +1 lvl 5 and +1 lvl 9 spell uses, -3 PL to all Plant spells
      • contained spells:
        1. Charm Beasts
        2. Insect Swarm, Hold Beasts
        3. Beetle Shell, Infestation of Maggots
        4. -
        5. Plague of Insects
        6. -
        7. -
        8. -
        9. -
  • The Changeling's Fleece
    • Description: a nondescript piece of fur of unknown origin.
    • Effects:
      • Changeling: spiritshift turns into modal (? what about Shifter? or spiritshift duration +200%), -5 PL to all Druid spells except Taste of the Hunt (possible?)
      • Natural Born Predator: +10% melee dmg while shifted
      • contained spells:
        1. Taste of the Hunt
        2. Taste of the Hunt
        3. Taste of the Hunt

As I said: just some ideas and inspirations. Brainstorming sort of. 

Some random thoughts about trinkets from this thread - some weeks ago. Maybe already forgotten. ;)

Those would be additional ones that could complement the special-subclass-trinkets we discussed above. Just to make some themed builds that are not tied to subclasses too rigidly. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2