That something is dirt. Dirty Fighting, eh? ;) I like the look, but it was supposed to be a joke because I had no idea what to depict. Kick in the groin like suggested by heldred might work well. Have to try that next.

Bitting the dirt. Hmm, I like heldred's suggestion more as well.

@Persistent Distraction: first impulse was to use the silhouette of a curvy woman. ;)

Or a female rogue fighting topless, ehh?

@Slippery Mind: He's slippery like an... naaa? ;) Fist impulse was banana peel... on the top of the head.

Naa...

Btw, wouldn't hurt to check what NWN2 used for Slippery Mind feat.

@Wall of Flashing Steel: ROFL. Why cigarette?  Was supposed to be a flashy pirate, But I also don't like it too much. Next attempt maybe something more musketeer/duelist-style?

Because he reminded me of some kind rapper/gopnik which asks for cigarette just as a pretext. And those sabres look like neck chain from afar))

Something duelist related will do. I was also thinking of someone swinging his blade so fast that it looks like a 'wall'.

• Like 1

I assume all this stuff is for some kind of a mod package for original game content?

Indeed.

Boeroer, Dirty Fighting must be a real dirty. ;)

Festival-gryazi-v-Poryon_glav2.jpg

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 2

I assume all this stuff is for some kind of a mod package for original game content?

Most likely.

There is a slow progressing towards 3 mods:

- Polishing Mod (with conservative and extended versions)

- New Passive Icons

- Druid and Priest Trinkets

Okay, let's see if this is any better (mostly redid Rogue stuff that was addressed above):

- Wall of Flashing Steel: looks great now :)

- Deathbows: is an improvement over previous iteration

- Dirty Fighting: hah, that crit under the belt)) This idea looks much better, just.. adjust that ass a bit? as the man looks naked

- Critical Defence: perfect

- Persistent Distraction: perfect

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 3

Great. Thanks y'all for the continuous feedback.

Now... what about the "new" Combat Focus?

Did anybody notice the changes of Overbearing Guard, Critical Defense and Toughened Fury?

And if yes: what about them? I wanted to amp up the fighter icons a bit because they looked a bit boring compared to Barb's and Rogue's.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Heh, take your time. After you see your icons ingame, side by side with originals, you'll want to redone some things. That's for sure. ;)

P.S. Never liked Dragon Age icons. It's kinda mess.

Edited by Phenomenum

Yes, there's too much going in in terms of color and gradients and glow and blur and stuff in Dragon Age's icons.

One thing that bothers me a bit with the Deadfire icons is that the "special" passive ones Obsidian designed for certain classes (e.g. Constant Recovery) use a totally different style than the generic ones that they (re)used for most passives. Those are just white silhouettes with no added color and so on. While the "special" ones have a lot more shmancy-fancy graphics.

I actually like the simpler ones more (look a lot cleaner) and that's why the "new" icons I did follow that latter style. Also because it's a lot easier to create that many icons in that fashion of course - since I can use vector graphics which is a lot faster than creating pixel based icons. But this also means the special ones which Obsidian made will stick out.

Would be better if all passives had that simpler look - and actives' icons stayed like they are (= more flashy).

Maybe (but only maybe) I should make monochrome versions of the "special" passives? Just use the symbols Obsidian used but redo them in the "simple" style? Compared to all the others I did so far there are not too many of them... 

Edited by Boeroer

Great. Thanks y'all for the continuous feedback.

Now... what about the "new" Combat Focus?

Did anybody notice the changes of Overbearing Guard, Critical Defense and Toughened Fury?

And if yes: what about them? I wanted to amp up the fighter icons a bit because they looked a bit boring compared to Barb's and Rogue's.

- Combat focus: it's better now

- Overbearing Guard: good enough

- Critical Defense: perfect

- Toughened Fury: perfect

Btw, I've just seen a preview by Phenomenum. In 42x42 icons get smaller, and it's harder to pick up the details of Tumbling and Dirty Fighting. Also you seen to draw in 63x63 the central part? And in case of empower icons the center looks to be shifted 0.5 pixels to the side. Although these are minor.

Maybe (but only maybe) I should make monochrome versions of the "special" passives? Just use the symbols Obsidian used but redo them in the "simple" style? Compared to all the others I did so far there are not too many of them...

You mean Soul Whip, Sneak Attack, Carnage stuff like that?

Yeah they could be just B&W.

Edited by MaxQuest

Btw, I've just seen a preview by Phenomenum. In 42x42 icons get smaller, and it's harder to pick up the details of Tumbling and Dirty Fighting. Also you seen to draw in 63x63 the central part? And in case of empower icons the center looks to be shifted 0.5 pixels to the side. Although these are minor.

Yeah. I want to illustrate a problem with some icon's centering:

2iDaZtF.jpg

Edited by Phenomenum

Exact centerinf is difficult if the picture has an even number of width and/or height (42x42). Doesn't matter too much to me if it's perfectly centered. Nobody will notice and mist icons are not symmetrical anyways.

I also saw the ingame preview now - and at least on the screenshot the icons look pretty awesome compared to the original stuff. I didn't think they would scale down so well.  

Do you mean me? I draw them as vector graphics. You can scale them to any size without quality loss. I send them to Phenomenum as high res PNGs then since that's easier for him to work with than with vectors graphics. I don't know how Phenomenum transforms them to 42x42 pixels. 

I can always deliver the source SVG files if needed. 

I think the details of stuff like Tumbling and Dirty Fighting look ok on the screenshot by the way. Somebody gave the Dirty FIghter pants. :) I prefer the naked or spandex look. Not because I'm a nudist but because the cleaner lines scale better to smaller pixel sizes. Makes it more clear. 

EDIT: just installed he mod and generally speaking: the stuff looks great. No comparison to the bland icons that we had before. Some tweaking is needed but my first ingame impression is super positive. :thumbsup: 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Crucible of Suffering

ljOpWxO.jpg

Rooting Pain, Enervating Blows, Parting Sorrow, and Imagined Pain also looks a bit strange in my taste. All others are OK.

Somebody gave the Dirty FIghter pants.

I wonder who did this..? ;)

Edited by Phenomenum

Busy week. Irl stuff, plus Easter tomorrow :)

I have ~20 class suggestions done by now. But these were the simplest. Hopefully will have some time on Monday to see what else I can do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Those changes, approved via poll. I work on this too, but i started with few hardest ones. Because most of "suggestions" are easy to mod simply adding/changing values (even no test needed, if original effects works fine).

Currently done and tested:

• Stag Carnage - Identical to Barbarian Carnage but 20% base damage as AoE. Identical scaling: +2% damage each PL, starting PL 1. (Barbarian Carnage have 33% as AoE and +3,3% each PL).
  • Barbarian Carnage Fix (discovered this oversight by accidentally).
  • Backstab - 15 Raw Damage with +1.5 each PL, starting PL 2. Focus generation for Ciphers also 15 + 1.5 each PL.
  • Detonate spell fix.
  • Confounding Blind - in process. We need to understand what to do with penalty values to avoid cheap -40 Deflection penalty at PL 3.
  • Keywords refining - in process.
  • + some other small fixes.
  • Icons - adjusted gradient color to perfectly match original one.

Other stuff i can make quickly. Just want to see that "ton of bugfixes" from Obsidian.

P.S. Tried to fix chants scaling, but it's seems hardcoded into one of scaling "ruleset" (FallbackScaling to be specific). So currently fix is unavailable.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Thanks 3

Can these fixes be installed separately? Because in the poll there are some polls of 90% - yes to fix and some are like 60% - yes to fix & 40% - don't care/want. So each might have their own preference. For example that backstab change, some players might like the original plus some extra enhance, while others might prefer the new raw damage change.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Boeroer said:

What do you mean by "class suggestion"?

These ones: link :)

2 hours ago, dunehunter said:

Can these fixes be installed separately? Because in the poll there are some polls of 90% - yes to fix and some are like 60% - yes to fix & 40% - don't care/want. So each might have their own preference. For example that backstab change, some players might like the original plus some extra enhance, while others might prefer the new raw damage change.

The current idea is to make two versions: Conservative and Extended. Rawly speaking, the first one will include suggestions with 66+% votes pro; and the second: those with 50+% votes pro.

Additionally we'll try to organize each change as a separate file. So if a player doesn't like that new backstab, he'll be able to delete cl.rogue.backstab.gamedatabundle, or something like that.

P.S. Also am really interested in the upcoming patch by Obsidian, in order to not implement redundant points, and also see what fixes have been made.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 4