Liberating Exhortation: Temporarily Suspends All Hostile Effects?

I have been experimenting a bit with some things and wanted to see if something is buggy or not but Liberating Exhortation or rather its affect applies to all Hostile Effects, including Afflictions?, meaning that a party member blinded should temporarily be freed of that? or Sickened? or Charmed? because I attempt to suspend these effects and nothing happens.

It's a bug right now. Suppressing and countering afflictions doesn't work at all no matter the ability.

So I am not imagining that none of the suppressing abilities are working right now? When did this bug enter the game? I don't remember it ever being there.

It's a bug right now. Suppressing and countering afflictions doesn't work at all no matter the ability.

So I am not imagining that none of the suppressing abilities are working right now? When did this bug enter the game? I don't remember it ever being there.

probably with like 4.1.2 or 4.1.1 (they kind of came close together)

i've been playing pretty continuously since release and it definitely broke down after one of the post-4.0 patches. it's horrible to say the least. it's not just limited to liberating exhortation and suppress affliction. all sorts of affliction and debuff interactions are just plain busted.

as far as I can tell you can still counter afflictions if the debuff is solely the affliction (no extras, no other afflictions on the same debuff), but if there are other effects, even visually dispelling the affliction the effects of the affliction just get carried by the rest of the debuff. and suppress affliction and liberating exhoration--as you've seen--basically don't work at all on hostile effects. not to mention weirdness with affliction resistance/immunity/weakness.

Edited by thelee