(Another) crash on start-up

andkyng

Question

Hey

I played the game shortly after it was released, and didn't have any technical problems. Yesterday I wanted to try the DLC and the turn-based style, so I installed the game, but it crashes everytime I try to start it.

Since my first play-through I have gotten a new computer (cpu i7-9700K, 16 GB ram, GeForce RTX 2080). I updated all my drivers, uninstalled the game og re-installed it and still crash on start-up.

output_log.txt

3 answers to this question

Hello Andkyng,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble getting Deadfire to launch.  The most likely reason from what I've seen is a networking program called Citrix.  Other users mentioned that their Citrix receivers had updated and prevented them from launching Unity based games from Steam. Upon either rolling back the update to the receivers or uninstalling the program altogether, they have all been able to play their games again. I'd suggest trying this, as it has helped everyone with this issue so far. I'll link a forum post about this below.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/108037-crash-directly-when-starting-the-game/?p=2133513

This should resolve the issue, but if it doesn't, please let me know so we can look further into your particular case.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience this has been causing.