But I've never a seen Mage go down that fast.

Equip:

Lover's Embrace + Soulbound Dagger

Blackblade Hood + Stalking Cloak

(I'm using Devil Caroc but I think there are a bunch of other candidates)

Swift Gloves + Time Dilation Ring + Sash of Judgement, and ofcourse, Assassin slippers.

Striking from the shadows, always.

@Boeroer I rem seeing you play an Assassin or something similar?

Also, what's the best way to attach screenshots here?

Edited by Verde

But I've never a seen Mage go down that fast.

Equip:

Lover's Embrace + Soulbound Dagger

Blackblade Hood + Stalking Cloak

(I'm using Devil Caroc but I think there are a bunch of other candidates)

Swift Gloves + Time Dilation Ring + Sash of Judgement, and ofcourse, Assassin slippers.

Striking from the shadows, always.

@Boeroer I rem seeing you play an Assassin or something similar?

Also, what's the best way to attach screenshots here?

was this with vanishing strike? otherwise i don't see how dual-wielding is great here.

for screenshots, do "more reply options", make sure your screenshots are jpgs, and then attach file, and then add to post. that's how i do them.

without vanishing strike you don't get the full benefit of dual-wielding right? stealth/invisibility would break on first hit (unless there's some other interaction i'm missing). so a big 2h weapon would do better.

Lover's Embrace doesn't work from invisibility. Mask of the Grotto Deep might do.

Battle axe + Bleeding Cuts + Rust's Poignard with Full Attack while vanished might be cool. Omit the first recovery but stack the Bleeding Cuts.

My best guy with Vanishing Strikes is Streetfighter + blunderbusses though: get yourself bloodied, then use Vanishing Strike: +100% crit dmg and increased sneak attack and short recovery while being absolutely save...

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 3 weeks later...

I still think assassin needs help, hopefully it'll get some before the final round of patching.

The time and guile it takes to repeatedly set up invisibility and positioning - even assuming that you land the backstab every time - still puts you at a significant DPS disadvantage compared to any other dual-wielding rogue spamming cheap full attack abilities.

It would help if "assassinate* allowed players to regain guile on kills made from stealth or something; that or give assassins a significant sneak attack bonus over other classes (and maybe increase their malus to +20% damage received to make for a true glass canon). As it stands now, there's just not a compelling enough reason to choose an assassin over other subclasses unless you're playing an assassin/evoker. 

• Like 1

I still think assassin needs help, hopefully it'll get some before the final round of patching.

The time and guile it takes to repeatedly set up invisibility and positioning - even assuming that you land the backstab every time - still puts you at a significant DPS disadvantage compared to any other dual-wielding rogue spamming cheap full attack abilities.

It would help if "assassinate* allowed players to regain guile on kills made from stealth or something; that or give assassins a significant sneak attack bonus over other classes (and maybe increase their malus to +20% damage received to make for a true glass canon). As it stands now, there's just not a compelling enough reason to choose an assassin over other subclasses unless you're playing an assassin/evoker. 

Assassinate is an additive damage bonus, it means it is super strong in early 1~5 level of the game, but the effect drops dramatically when enemies have higher health and you have get higher damage bonus from gears and abilities(since the 150% bonus is calculated additively). To make things worse, the introduction of mega boss makes assassin almost useless against these boss with thousands of hp.

Edited by dunehunter