T3 should describe the first game

I'm surprised people havent thought of this, unless I missed it ;). Since T3-M4 is in the game and the Ebon Hawk is too, then the player should control him first and answer questions about the first game. I mean there's no way the main player character is gonna know about stuff he didnt see, unless it's the player character from the first game with another mind wipe :D

The player will control T3-M4 if they go through the tutorial. It's still unconfirmed if he/she/it will be able to join the party in the actual game.

You bring up a good point though, how will a person who hasn't played KOTOR1 be able to tell KOTOR2 what happened in the first game with any understanding.. Just saying it might be a little confusing when a person starts getting asked questions about KOTOR1 and has no idea how to answer them because they haven't played it.

The player will control T3-M4 if they go through the tutorial. It's still unconfirmed if he/she/it will be able to join the party in the actual game.

You bring up a good point though, how will a person who hasn't played KOTOR1 be able to tell KOTOR2 what happened in the first game with any understanding.. Just saying it might be a little confusing when a person starts getting asked questions about KOTOR1 and has no idea how to answer them because they haven't played it.

Alot of people have stumbled through sequel games. They will be alright. They will ask questions or be encouraged to go out and the get the original game.

I could see it done like this.... The Ebon Hawk is badly damaged and T3 is repairing it. The ship's onboard computer has holes in its memory banks. It queries T3 as to specific things that happened in the past. So, by controlling T3, you'll be allowed to tell what happend in KOTOR1.

The player will control T3-M4 if they go through the tutorial.  It's still unconfirmed if he/she/it will be able to join the party in the actual game.

You bring up a good point though, how will a person who hasn't played KOTOR1 be able to tell KOTOR2 what happened in the first game with any understanding..  Just saying it might be a little confusing when a person starts getting asked questions about KOTOR1 and has no idea how to answer them because they haven't played it.

Alot of people have stumbled through sequel games. They will be alright. They will ask questions or be encouraged to go out and the get the original game.

I agree. BGII handled that quite well.

manthing2.jpg

The game can start out with T3 describing the events of the past five years. "Beeep boppp bepop beep booop beezz..beep."

That's all I need, open up KOTOR 2 for the first time and have to sit there through an unskippable cinematic of T3 sitting there beeping with subtitles translating what he says. :)

;)

Imagine the start of the game...:

Was Revan male or female ?

1. Beep!
  2. Beep bop!

How did the romance between Revan and partner end ?

1. Beep beep peeuww...
  2. Beep bop beeeep!
  3. BLEEP!

When did you last see Juhani ?

1. Beep!
  2. Beep beep!
  3. Booop!

Etc.

:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein