Weirder, More random, More Interesting.

Amentep

Here is another great example of people incapable of minding their own goddamned business. https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/11/18/jonathan-sawyer-jefferson-county-helicopter/

As long as it does not hinder or impact you in any real (as opposed to imagined) way then leave your neighbors alone. Live and let live. 

Do you guys know the difference between the philosophical positions of an oppressive government and on that is not as oppressive? The latter will tell you "Everything not forbidden is permitted". The former says "Everything not permitted is forbidden". 

HELICOPTER-NEIGHBORHOOD-6-PKG.transfer_f

Edited by Guard Dog
Correction

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://time.com/5737636/vogue-mexico-cover-muxe-trans-women/

I was surprised I had not heard of this cultural group. People tend to push this idea that all this transgender stuff is brand new, but you have this indigenous segment of a population that has been around for centuries. Also a bit disappointed that this isn't making the Vogue cover in the US.

On 11/24/2019 at 12:39 PM, Raithe said:

Aussies don't need to go to South America to see impressive fires. Got plenty next door 🔥

Queensland has gotten off "easy" so far with only 180.000 hectares razed, where as New South Wales had 1.65 million hectares razed by fires, battling a 6000 km "fire front". The summer hasn't even started yet, so it might end up being a bad year. Casualties has been "low" though, with only 6 people killed, unlike a few years ago during 2009's "Black Saturday" in Victoria (180 people killed)

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/22/australia-bushfires-factcheck-are-this-years-fires-unprecedented

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

Have you guys tried raking?

Pfff, it's only Sydney that is about to go up in flames, nothing important 😇

Fire fighting planes have dumped some pink coloured fire retardant on the outer suburbs recently, as the fires were getting that close. Grab the fish (Nemo) and run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Not a biased source at all. 🤣

I guess vapers can rest easy knowing the damage they do to their lungs may take years to pop up, rather than just months. Victory!

To be fair, if its less dangerous than smoking cigarettes.. It's still an improvement.. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

7 hours ago, Gorth said:

Fire fighting planes have dumped some pink coloured fire retardant on the outer suburbs recently, as the fires were getting that close. Grab the fish (Nemo) and run.

Did you guys try suing the electric company into bankruptcy? Or perhaps exterminating the Australian raptors?

6 hours ago, Raithe said:

To be fair, if its less dangerous than smoking cigarettes.. It's still an improvement.. ;)

That was my initial impression of this whole vaping phenomena. Just the fact that it doesn't make everything smell horrible seems to be an improvement over traditional smoking. But then you hear about exploding pens, toxic oils, and a massive spike in dumb teenagers doing this, and now I'm not so sure. The research isn't really there yet. We've got a pretty solid laundry list of all the crap that cigarettes will lead to, but vaping is basically rolling the dice with your health. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

That was my initial impression of this whole vaping phenomena. Just the fact that it doesn't make everything smell horrible seems to be an improvement over traditional smoking. But then you hear about exploding pens, toxic oils, and a massive spike in dumb teenagers doing this, and now I'm not so sure. The research isn't really there yet. We've got a pretty solid laundry list of all the crap that cigarettes will lead to, but vaping is basically rolling the dice with your health. 

I think it's something like, we have a decade of vaping in the UK, and a single death that relates to vaping - and from what I dimly recall, again it was someone using illegal vaping stuff rather than legitamate sources.

Still, it's a single decade, so it's not as if it's a serious amount of time to see ill-effects as such. But it's also one of those interesting in just how quick many governments are to snapkick legislation vs vaping in general without worrying about the science but keeping that initial "related to smoking" backlash. Which you rarely seem to see with booze...

• Hmmm 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

8 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Did you guys try suing the electric company into bankruptcy?

Not going to happen anytime soon, even though the death count ought to suggest otherwise, but Scott Morrison (the prime minister) just enjoys the fellatio he gets from Indian coal mining companies, Chinese property investors and domestic electricity company CEO's way too much to want to change status quo there. Well, maybe other than try harder to prevent sustainable energy businesses from becoming competitive.

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

Not going to happen anytime soon, even though the death count ought to suggest otherwise, but Scott Morrison (the prime minister) just enjoys the fellatio he gets from Indian coal mining companies, Chinese property investors and domestic electricity company CEO's way too much to want to change status quo there. Well, maybe other than try harder to prevent sustainable energy businesses from becoming competitive.

Warning, NSFW  and all that, but funny as all hell :)

Edited by Azdeus
  • Sad 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

14 hours ago, Gorth said:

Plan B it is then; thinning out those damn fire starting birds. Hopefully this works out better than The Great Emu war. 😛

https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/this-libyan-mig-shootdown-by-f-14s-was-both-heroic-and-gooned-up

Apparently Maverick was in the back on the lead F-14.  Wondered what the 'Aw, Jesus' was about.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra