Weirder, More random, More Interesting.

Amentep

aig-Fi2n-1868.png

Edit: Sorry folks, takes a couple of clicks on the image to zoom it out. And I'm fuzzy enough I can't be arsed figuring it out right at this moment... ;)

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Here is a very interesting casualty of the US-China trade war.  If you have not heard of the TikTok challenges in China:

For these challenges:

• The challengers do NOT have to be Chinese, BUT they had to be in China, and obviously they have to be  TikTok users.
  • The rewards for some of the challenges are really nice, like credits for shopping and/or restaurants in China, paid vacations  to the US or Europe, etc.
  • Anyone in China can join the challenge, but I have never seen seen any White people in China (expats/tourists/whatever) participate in this or any other TikTok challenge, even though they could have - and IMO White girls would have a good chance of winning one of the dance challenges if they had just submitted. 
  • An important rule for this particular TikTok challenge was the dance had to be performed by a group of at least four people, so solo dancers or a dance group of less than four were not eligible, (so they did not even bother reading the rules.)
  • For this particular challenge, a group of four Chinese girls in Hunan won the user poll, but their clip is not included in this video.
  • IMO users voted for them to be the winner not because they could dance, but because they were the prettiest. So guys did not even stand a chance.
  • Actually, I do not remember ever seeing any guys ever winning a TikTok challenge, (unless it was a couple or mixed-gender challenge.) Even male users overwhelmingly voted for girls to win in every challenge.  Then again, I have been checking out these TikTok challenge videos to check out the girls.

Here, another challenge - the "Every Color" challenge - this is the currently on-going or the last challenge:

Edited by ktchong

The reason why I mentioned TikTok challenges is because... well, in 2017 TikTok was going to bring these challenges to America, the challenges and rewards would be separate and specific in the US.  However, the plan has since been suspended due to the tension and trade war between China and the U.S.  The TikTok challenges became a casualty of the US-China trade war.

Edited by ktchong

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

16 minutes ago, Agiel said:

vid

sacramento is ~35th most populous city and we no longer have a major afb.

lucky us?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 9/12/2019 at 9:49 AM, Gromnir said:

sacramento is ~35th most populous city and we no longer have a major afb.

lucky us?

HA! Good Fun!

During the height of the Cold War it was believed that airstrips that ostensibly served civil aviation were nonetheless targeted, the reasoning being that they could be used as divert airfields by bombers that had their original airbases turned into glowing craters. Of course today thanks to arms control treaties neither side can particularly afford to be frivolous as they were then with their deployed warheads, and for this reason on top of warheads being smaller and more accurate the much derided "Duck and Cover" is actually fairly sound civil defence practice today. Even though a vast majority of Americans work in cities, most commute from surrounding suburbs which were not likely to be direct targets even under a countervalue strike (though God help you if you lived a few blocks from, say, the former Rocketdyne plant in Canoga Park). Chances of survival also increase drastically if there is a skyscraper between you and the detonation point. At that point the primary concern is staying indoors and rationing water and food for the two or, ideally, three weeks for fallout to subside, though we then enter the realm of "the living will envy the dead" with violent looters and food riots.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I hate "friday the 13th". People notice and hang up on things that happens every day, but make notice of because of the date... Atleast it's over where I am, but y'all americans can be unlucky for a few hours more :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

3 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I hate "friday the 13th". People notice and hang up on things that happens every day, but make notice of because of the date... Atleast it's over where I am, but y'all americans can be unlucky for a few hours more :p

listened to entire master o' puppets album before, and wore same socks during, every every football game we played our senior year in high school... for luck.

would be hypocritical o' us to mock.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well, for the chinese, number four is unlucky, supposedly. I never bought into superstitions about bad luck, but that might be because I never have any l good luck :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 9/13/2019 at 6:19 PM, Azdeus said:

Pogo_1965-08-09_100.jpg

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"Even male users "

You sound shocked. Do you really think when men watch dancers they are gonna rate male ones higher? Nah. They're gonna be attracted and drawn to the women dancers making them memorable to them hence voting.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They confirm they are real videos from the navy showing unknown aerial phenomenon, as I understand it, rather than confirm the objects in the video are ufos.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man