Weirder, More random, More Interesting.

Amentep

Queering Psychology - What is socialization?

It’s everywhere. Every. Where. But most people aren’t aware of the effects it has on how they think, act, and what they see as possible. I see people not knowing what socialization is and how they are affected by it everyday. Whether we are talking about sex and dating (“It’s just a preference.”) or systems of oppression like racism (Black people seen as especially angry/dangerous) or transphobia/transmisia (Thinking there are only 2 genders). Socialization is there setting the scene for your life. Even in this society where we are taught to be “mavericks” and achieve our individual American dreams (these are all examples of socialization by the way), we are all living our lives by scripts and rules set out for us. And those who actually go against the grain in ways that capitalism can’t make money off of are socially punished at best. Many have also been abandoned, killed or imprisoned. This post will focus on explaining what socialization is and how it affects every part of our lives with the goal of helping people become more aware. I am constantly taking about the importance of self-reflection and awareness. Self-awareness and awareness of the various kinds of socializations is the first step to freedom.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

germany doing its best to challenge florida man?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Queen's funny quip when hapless tourists failed to recognise her at Balmoral

A hapless group of tourists once bumped into the Queen walking around her Balmoral estate - but didn't recognise her.
The monarch was out for a low-key walk in tweeds and a headscarf, something she likes to do when she gets the chance.

One of her former protection officers has revealed the 93-year-old likes to slip under the radar when possible.
Richard Griffin claims that once a group of American tourists failed to recognise her.
Speaking to The Times, Richard said the Queen didn't want to blow her cover at the time.
She went along with the tourists as they questioned whether she lived in the area, replying that she had a house nearby.
When they asked her if she'd ever met the Queen, all she said was "No, but this policeman has," gesturing towards Mr Griffin.
Richard - who worked closely with the monarch for more than 30 years - said the group then moved on, having no idea who they'd just met.

During her trips to Balmoral in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, the Queen famously enjoys a low-profile lifestyle.
She chooses to wear pared-back clothes and wellies, as opposed to the brightly-coloured outfits she's known for.
According to biographer Robert Hardman, Her Majesty purposefully dresses in eye-catching shades during royal engagements.

In his 2011 biography Our Queen, the author described her as "engagingly modest".
He wrote: "My favourite remark she ever said was: 'I can't ever wear beige because nobody will know who I am.'"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So of the 67 "industrialized" nations the USA is the 47th best place to live. Wooo Hooo! In your face Denmark! See Greenland? You had a chance to move up a slot but you blew it! We have a great track record of welcoming indigenous people into our society. Just as these guys:

MOSES-ON-THE-MESA_cover.jpg?fm=pjpg&q=80

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/huge-healthcare-and-living-costs-keeps-us-as-one-of-worlds-worst-places-to-live-080009645.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALqmPupa15vSFTpmjvh7NnXzjZ5XpZkTHt9LLCtivum7C3z26jPfSW_vEC2IRVCkRrQ0KzkZpUeVaxQXRjfWcDd5sVEQnKAGTZmFsyksTznx8p360FY5Iqu4BzxcUOZIwx7LNjep6v0eVbL4hVl7o6nHbgTFn2KHg1B4aRpyrVDa

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

weird part from our pov is how far down the list the us ranks insofar as "of total population (%)." germany sweden and austria, among others, is having a higher %, according to a wiki post which am always suspicious o' until we check sources btw. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

13 hours ago, Gromnir said:

weird part from our pov is how far down the list the us ranks insofar as "of total population (%)." germany sweden and austria, among others, is having a higher %, according to a wiki post which am always suspicious o' until we check sources btw. 

HA! Good Fun!

Anecdotal experience from my side would put one in 5 as about right. Hell, in my workplace Swedish isn't the main language, it's arabic.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken