Weirder, More random, More Interesting.

Amentep

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

39 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I was upset there for a moment... until I saw it was Jim Beam. 

2D9472876134EA12CF32E228C1AA01127372EBA4

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

15 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

I was upset there for a moment... until I saw it was Jim Beam.

Hahaha, Ok. I just seemed to remember you had a fondness for Bourbon, not the specifics of the brands :grin:

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

7eor006f6i831.jpg

Dog walking out of a fire gutted house, great photo if just for the way everyone's eyes are on him.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

He had a good hiding spot. He looks fine.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Russian Sub Crew prevented a "planetary catastrophe". https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/stricken-russian-nuke-sub-crew-prevented-planetary-catastrophe/ar-AAE1Fn5

Maybe a tad melodramatic since they also said the reactor was not in danger. But it occurs to me this is not the first time a Russian sub crew has had to save the world from shoddy Russian hardware.  

Thomas Sowell

AI beats pro poker players in six way match. https://www.france24.com/en/20190711-ai-program-beats-pros-six-player-poker-first

I play chess against various apps and games a lot. 3-4 times a day often. Fritz 10 is by far the best IMO. Just mute the voice because it is seriously annoying. But with the exception of Fritz I've found beating the AI really just involves being unconventional. Every opening and response is in every database. So go off book real quick. Even if it puts you at a disadvantage. Also the AI values pieces by their worth. It will often ruin it's own position to capture a queen if you leave her open.  I seldom win a game against a sufficiently high level chess program with my queen and two rooks still on the board. You give them up to force the opponent to move where you want them to. But AI poker... don't see how effective that can be. Forget bluffing. It's all probabilities. If you don't have a hand, don't play. And let me tell you something, if you have two pair, mister you do NOT have a winning hand. I can imagine a poker AI will fare better on a game like Hold Em where you can see five cards. Try that playing five card stud or five card draw where the entire hand is concealed. 

Thomas Sowell

double post

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

During a routine traffic stop in Oklahoma for expired tags cops found that:

1. The truck was stolen
  2. The two people in the car had ative warrants
  3. An open bottle of whiskey
  4. They had an illegal firearm
  5. They had a live rattlesnake in the truck with them
  6. A canister of powdered uranium. Yes... actual uranium.

No charges were filed against the snake... they other two occupants were not so lucky! https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/11/us/rattlesnake-uranium-oklahoma-trnd/index.html

Thomas Sowell

D_TKqHAWkAEB-yY.jpg:large

The 8 surviving Apollo astronauts for the 50th anniversary of the Moon landing

They are from left to right: Charlie Duke (Apollo 16), Buzz Aldrin (Apollo 11), Walter Cunningham (Apollo 7), Al Worden (Apollo 15), Rusty Schweickart (Apollo 9), Harrison Schmitt (Apollo 17), Michael Collins (Apollo 11) and Fred Haise (Apollo 13).

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."