Weirder, More random, More Interesting.

Amentep

List the months, from best to worst where you live. Use any criteria you like. I'll start.

1) October

2) April

3) September

4) May

5) November

6) March

7) June

8 ) December

9) February

10) January

11) August

12) July

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

But I live in the Bay Area.

well, you do have two seasons:

every day is pretty much the same, but ever so slightly warmer and dryer.

and

every day is pretty much the same, but ever so slightly colder and wetter.

"winter" is the best time for surfing, if you don't mind the sharks.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Scientists using human genes to breed "smarter" apes: https://www.brecorder.com/2019/04/11/488194/scientists-put-human-gene-into-monkeys-to-make-them-smarter-human-like/

What could possibly go wrong with this?  :lol:

10-apes.w700.h700.jpg

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Jeez, China is just smoking us in the genetic engineering department. Its a shame were going to squee ourselves into irrelevance in a few decades or less.

the shibboleth yet again?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/271897/leading-countries-by-acreage-of-genetically-modified-crops/

just one example.

the US is, far and away, the world leader in gmo research and exploitation.  more than 60% o' the food gifted and others in the states consume is gmo. the eu, japan and china has historic been big critics o' gmo research and production, but the main reasons for such has been transparent economic protectionism.  japan doesn't wanna need deal with us rice and china placed all kinda restrictions on us beef which consume gmo. 'course china has been doing much more research in recent years, but they is actual having difficulty implementing advances, which is reason for numbers in the graph linked.  'tween government ineptitude and public backlash, few gmo have actual been implemented in a nation with massive food supply needs.

'course the gmo problems is significant and often poor understood until decades have elapsed. gene flow were considered a rare and negligible phenomenon in the 80s, but is now understood to be common.  am doubtful we need worry 'bout a planet o' the ape scenario anytime soon, but is sometimes amusing to realize the disconnect 'tween action and behavior.  come into california with an exotic fruit or little susie's pet gerbil, and you got all kinda bells and whistles go off-- is dozens o' laws protecting states from the potential harm from invasive species. converse, we got gmo being tested and produced on large scales w/o actual understanding the long term hazards. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

.  come into california with an exotic fruit or little susie's pet gerbil, and you got all kinda bells and whistles go off-- is dozens o' laws protecting states from the potential harm from invasive species. 

HA! Good Fun!

Case in point the Burmese Pythons in the everglades. A few pets that were irresponsibly released turned into a genuine ecological problem.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Aye. And theyve already made a genetically modified monkey that's probably better at inferring posts then some internet posters. :lol:

dunno. have had very little luck training a few o' the advanced apes on this board.  will keep at it though. 

.  come into california with an exotic fruit or little susie's pet gerbil, and you got all kinda bells and whistles go off-- is dozens o' laws protecting states from the potential harm from invasive species. 

HA! Good Fun!

Case in point the Burmese Pythons in the everglades. A few pets that were irresponsibly released turned into a genuine ecological problem.

y'know, the python thing is actual weirder than it first would appear.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/08/climate/hurricane-irma-florida-exotic-species.html

evidence is o' the suspect kinda correlation we rare rely 'pon, but is arguable the python problem weren't as much due to "irresponsibly released" as unforeseen, but foreseeable, consequences o' an act o' nature. in retrospect, such mistakes is glaring and obvious, but previous to andrew, there musta' been any number o' folks who dismissed concerns as alarmist. 

HA! Good Fun!

A town is being haunted by mysterious mashed potatoes — and no one knows who is putting them there

• A neighborhood in Jackson, Mississippi, has a bit of a mashed potato problem.
  • As in, bowls of mashed potatoes are turning up in random places around the town.
  • No one knows why or how or even if the potatoes are good.
  • Weird, huh!
  • No one has contacted authorities. This is just the new normal.
It sounds harmless, silly even. But for residents of the Belhaven neighborhood in Jackson, Mississippi, it's becoming something of a serious concern: Bowls of mashed potatoes are showing up everywhere and no one knows where they are coming from, reported the Washington Post.
Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Florida man killed by pet Cassoway: https://vancouversun.com/news/weird/killer-cassowary-worlds-most-dangerous-bird-kills-florida-owner/wcm/1fbed275-9010-40e2-bd0b-408e1ba7737e

The cassoway is the worlds most dangerous bird evidently. They are native to Australia. F-----g Australia. There there any flora or fauna from there that isn't venomous, man eating, or just all around dangerous?

Apparently not:

Guns_Killer_Koala.jpg

Thomas Sowell

Florida man killed by pet Cassoway: https://vancouversun.com/news/weird/killer-cassowary-worlds-most-dangerous-bird-kills-florida-owner/wcm/1fbed275-9010-40e2-bd0b-408e1ba7737e

The cassoway is the worlds most dangerous bird evidently. They are native to Australia. F-----g Australia. There there any flora or fauna from there that isn't venomous, man eating, or just all around dangerous?

Apparently not:

tried to get cassowary into poe and poe2.  am guessing having to come up with an entire new model made the request prohibitive.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66520-rangers-getting-ranged-attack-animal-companions/?p=1474491

if it makes you feel better, TN is home to the most lethal animal on the planet.

Homepage-Mosquito-1024x689.jpg?itok=639p

725,000 human deaths attributable per year. humans are a distant second insofar as lethality is concerned. 

there is potential good mosquito news.

HA! Good Fun!

Apparently not:

tried to get cassowary into poe and poe2.  am guessing having to come up with an entire new model made the request prohibitive.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66520-rangers-getting-ranged-attack-animal-companions/?p=1474491

if it makes you feel better, TN is home to the most lethal animal on the planet.

Homepage-Mosquito-1024x689.jpg?itok=639p

725,000 human deaths attributable per year. humans are a distant second insofar as lethality is concerned. 

there is potential good mosquito news.

HA! Good Fun!

I've done a little work with those little guys in the past: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92618-what-you-did-today/page-11?hl=mosquito&do=findComment&comment=1921461

Thomas Sowell

weird aside, and to bring back to florida, the guy who pioneered early refrigeration and ac were john gorrie.  dr. gorrie mistaken believed bad air were responsible for malaria, so he innovated an early ac apparatus to force hot bad air out of his medical facilities.  he also recommended the use o' mosquito netting, but he had no idea the netting were doing more to prevent malaria than were his invention.

HA! Good Fun!

Wow. That bird is evil. The being thata tcually feeds it happens to fall down nearby and the first response is to kill? L0L Unless the victim is revealed t be abusive.. wow... that is nasty sauce.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

he also recommended the use o' mosquito netting, but he had no idea the netting were doing more to prevent malaria than were his invention.

HA! Good Fun!

Not necessarily. What's the first thing you do when you turn the AC on? You shut the windows! 

Thomas Sowell

...birds be raptors, after all...

...take that, Creationists... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Wow. That bird is evil. The being thata tcually feeds it happens to fall down nearby and the first response is to kill? L0L Unless the victim is revealed t be abusive.. wow... that is nasty sauce.

perhaps during the next major florida hurricane, a bunch o' cassowaries get loose and breed like the pythons did after andrew. next thing you know, there is cassowary hunting packs snatching up all the cats and small dogs in gainesville. oh sure, cassowary is solitary in the wild, but all you need is one mad scientist to experiment with wolf dna or somesuch nonsense.

am kidding 'course, but would anybody really mind if a bunch o' flightless murderbirds ran amok in florida? 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1