Weirder, More random, More Interesting.

Amentep

Start of Old Thread

End of Old Thread

"Gentlemen, we can refresh it. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic thread. The 'random topic' will be that thread. Weirder than it was before. Weirder...more random...more interesting."

Last time on The 6 Million Dollar Bionic Thread":

For some reason I read that as her once and future husband

Is it sad that a certain scene from End of Days just came to mind? I need help

don't feel bad. the term "once and future" made us immediate think o' t.h. white book.

Once_future_king_cover.jpg

near fifty and am clear still stuck in nerd mode.

HA! Good Fun!

You think you're a nerd, but seeing that book immediately makes me think of Magneto reading it in his plastic prison in X-men 2.

You think you're a nerd, but seeing that book immediately makes me think of Magneto reading it in his plastic prison in X-men 2.

we're simpatico?

HA! Good Fun!
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

doesn't belong in the other thread, but is kinda interesting

.17 is more than we ever used for bunnies, but is definite gonna get the job done and is the caliber most o' the serious varmint hunters used where we were raised.  we were more o' a plinker, with occasional extermination duties, so the .22 lr were fine. 

8 in 4 minutes o' video.  

https://www.seriousshooters.co.nz/varmint-rifles-explained-xidc72831.html

"Usually bolt action rifles are used, and sometimes single shot rifles like the Ruger No.1. Good quality construction is vital, as is a good target type trigger, good action bedding and a high quality barrel and crowning job."

however, is mentioned later that 222 ruger (a variation o' the semi-auto ruger mini 14 ranch rifle we link frequent in the firearm threads) is popular.  

20 minutes morning.  20 minutes night.  not hard to see hitting 200 in a week.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

today it's coffee.

tomorrow

am personal neither intrigued nor afeared.  if you had asked us freshman year in college what 2020 would look like, we woulda' guessed that there would be far more automation than there current is.  not sci-fi thinky ai robots, but we woulda' assumed virtual all manufacturing and a large % o' repetitive task kinda stuff would already been handled by robots.  so, 'bout time?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

List of the 25 Healthiest Counties in the US. Most of Colorado made the list: https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/slideshows/healthiest-communities-in-america?onepage

Alright Shady you need to stop working out. You're blowing the curve for the rest of us. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Creative advertising

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

US Military planning to used fish as spies. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/us-military-fish-underwater-spies-marine-life-darpa-a8847706.html

It's actually not the stupidest idea the US has ever had. Of course that does not mean it isn't stupid. (It's a sliding scale after all)

It made me think of the 90's and our man Mr. Pond

192912-144880_front_cover_super.jpg

Thomas Sowell

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

doesn't belong in the other thread, but is kinda interesting

.17 is more than we ever used for bunnies, but is definite gonna get the job done and is the caliber most o' the serious varmint hunters used where we were raised.  we were more o' a plinker, with occasional extermination duties, so the .22 lr were fine. 

8 in 4 minutes o' video.  

https://www.seriousshooters.co.nz/varmint-rifles-explained-xidc72831.html

"Usually bolt action rifles are used, and sometimes single shot rifles like the Ruger No.1. Good quality construction is vital, as is a good target type trigger, good action bedding and a high quality barrel and crowning job."

however, is mentioned later that 222 ruger (a variation o' the semi-auto ruger mini 14 ranch rifle we link frequent in the firearm threads) is popular.  

20 minutes morning.  20 minutes night.  not hard to see hitting 200 in a week.

HA! Good Fun!

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Few times I've seen people blast away with this in movies I've always suspected it was BS. 

Interesting channel, by the way.