Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

ktchong

I can see where people could say Obsidian would be a good fit. With FONV they have proven they can work within the constraints of another developer's buggy mess. Of course they also showed that none of that mess will be cleared up, simply worked with.

• Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I mean they currently works on Outer World and that new FP RPG which should be close to what bloodlines should have been

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

Of course they also showed that none of that mess will be cleared up, simply worked with.

From what I've heard about the Creation Engine afterĀ the FO76 fiasco(s), I don't think anyone could clear it up at this point, even if they had years instead of months.

7 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

bloodlines 2 seems to have graphic way too fancy than any obsidian game

wonder if they can handle it without some additional support

It's likely that whatever significant work Bloodlines 2 requires to get ready the graphics would be salvageable/ reusable so long as the delay isn't too long. End of the day even modern graphics are also pretty easy for even relatively unskilled people to understand, whereas something like undocumented code can be very difficult to decipher, so there shouldn't be any hidden difficulties either. Graphics should require the least work, probably level building next least and it's likely to be bugs and stability, gameplay, storyline and getting it out the door as a finished product which would be the big troubles.

If graphics and level design require lots of work either the game is highly unfinished or development has effectively been rebooted.

I have played various WoD settings and games. I have a Brujha deck for the card game somewhere around here as well.

More of a Changeling fan though than Vampire.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

3 hours ago, melkathi said:

I have played various WoD settings and games. I have a Brujha deck for the card game somewhere around here as well.

More of a Changeling fan though than Vampire.

I played the old Vampire, Werewolf, Demon and Hunter and the new Vampire three times.

We had Changeling in our collection but we never played it to my great dismay. I really liked that premise.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yeah, I played quite a bit of Hunter. Made a character for Demon but that is as far as I got with that. Never got into Werewolf. I think it is the setting that most suffered from players and storytellers who didn't understand the point of WOD (obviously, whatever makes you have fun) and simply got turned into a lulz I can beat up anything.

The Demon campaign went MDK-lulz since we had a few younger "kids" that we introduced to our group through that game, they mostly did their best in killing each other and thing often went haywire from there.

The vast, vast majority of the sessions we had was in Vampire, and while I forgot to mention it in my previous post we also played some Mummy, which definetly was my favourite of the ones we played.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 3/1/2021 at 10:51 AM, Irving Beet said:

I love this game. has anyone tried the tabletop version of the game?

I've played some Dark Ages back when it came out, but we never got far into it before it got interrupted.

I kind of think the new developer might be better off just starting from scratch. Trying to cobble together something from existing work, probably from multiple sources at this point, and new work is likely to produce anĀ incoherent mess, especially for a narrative-driven game.

I'm writing this project off as dead in my mind. On the off chance that it releases and isn't a dumpster fire that will be a pleasant surprise.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡øRFK Jr 2024šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They'd be better off cutting their losses and handing the game over to WESP.

Would much rather the game cancelled, and Brian allowed to carry over the script, and he and some modders use Source and the original source material in LA and relocate the setting back to the original. That'd be amazing - keep the UI and everything - just import the new characters/plot for the ultimate Bloodlines 1 add-on.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:51 AM, Irving Beet said:

I love this game. has anyone tried the tabletop version of the game?

I've done a batch.

I've got a massive stack of the books from all the WoD lines.

It can depend if you can get your mind around the massive amound of teenage metaphor of angst that a lot of them run with. šŸ˜„

There are different aspects depending on if you're going Vampire the Masquerade vs Vampire the Dark Ages, or Mage the Ascension.Ā  Then again, Wraith the Oblivion was one of the most utterly depressing gaming systems I've ever encountered.Ā  I personally loved a lot of the ideas in Demon the Fallen, but I never found a gaming group wanting to play in it.

Did play in a campaign that actually started in The Dark Ages with neonates, and we ended up going through the centuries until it became Vampire the Masquerade in the modern age.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Lexx said:

You're not alone, I doubt it will be anything in it worthy of the name.

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

Ā 

28 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

You're not alone, I doubt it will be anything in it worthy of the name.

You boys have really drawn a line in the sand now about this game and I can respect that ....but now you need to stickĀ  to it. If this game turns out to be greatest RPG of all time then you still not allowed to play it, remember this momentĀ :p

Chris sounds angry in this link....very unhappy and he seems to be venting ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his lossā€

John MiltonĀ 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.ā€ -Ā  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, I thought the same -- so much text and in the end nobody knows anything more. The only thing we've learned from this is that MCA indeed only has been hired as honeypot for kickstarter. Same for Brian.

Ā 

Though the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. For example we know that lots of dialog written by MCA in the past was cut not because it was bad or something, but because it was just way too much. I mean, just look at FNV Lonesome Road, or Rose ... the dialogues are endlessly long-winded and don't fit in style with anything else in the game. Or look at Durance in Pillars. They almost feel like their own game inside a game. It's as if Obsidian just said "f- it, just let him toy around with these few characters so we won't be bothered anywhere else."

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On 7/17/2021 at 10:41 AM, BruceVC said:

Ā If this game turns out to be greatest RPG of all time then you still not allowed to play it, remember this momentĀ :p

My dissapointment is immesurable, and my day is ruined. :(

If I want to throw money at something I don't believe in I'll donate money to a church or Star Citizen šŸ˜›

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

36 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

My dissapointment is immesurable, and my day is ruined. :(

If I want to throw money at something I don't believe in I'll donate money to a church or Star Citizen šŸ˜›

Okay now I know how serious you are about not wanting to support this game if you would rather donate money to Star Citizen ....thats some serious lack of confidence and I have to accept I cannot change your mind ...everĀ :teehee:

• Haha 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his lossā€

John MiltonĀ 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.ā€ -Ā  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ā 

Ā