Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

ktchong

Sie is the best part of AP.

/Edit: But I never liked the name due to the similarity with Sis.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Sie Steven Heck is the best part of AP.

Fixed that for you. SIE is most definitely best girl, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Senior Narrative Designer Cara Ellison is no longer with Hardsuit Labs

https://www.pcgamer.com/bloodlines-2-senior-narrative-designer-cara-ellison-has-left-the-project/

I wonder how this will impact the overall quality of the final game ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well the 1st one was what you would call a 'flawed gem' that sold poorly, so I'm not exactly sure what they were thinking with this project.  It's like they're trying to take old and under-appreciated relics and try to rehash them into a market again "Guys, guys, look at this bad boy!" and hoping for a smash hit.

Then again, I don't understand European gaming habits.  'Tis a bit alien to me.

Nothing says "we believe in this project" more than getting rid of all your writing staff. This looks like producers not liking the project, and the games being reworked to meet expectations. Publisher inteference has always worked out so well for games, at least they didn't just cancel the project entirely. Definitely waiting for extensive reviews before buying.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Paradox usually has not used much of their influence towards games done by studios they own, but they have new CEO and new board so who knows what they are doing these days.

On 10/20/2020 at 7:57 PM, ComradeMaster said:

I'm not exactly sure what they were thinking with this project.

Paradox bought in 2015 White Wolf Publishing, which creates all the pen&paper role games that set in World of Darkness (Vampire is one of those) and as latest edition of p&p Vampire was semi successful they started to ponder possibility of new Vampire/World of Darkness CRPG  and they eventually picked up the pitch for this game as it is one that people still asked over decade after release original. So it was probably estimate to be quite safe project for small publisher like Paradox.

Edited by Elerond

On 10/20/2020 at 4:57 PM, ComradeMaster said:

Well the 1st one was what you would call a 'flawed gem' that sold poorly, so I'm not exactly sure what they were thinking with this project.  It's like they're trying to take old and under-appreciated relics and try to rehash them into a market again "Guys, guys, look at this bad boy!" and hoping for a smash hit.

Then again, I don't understand European gaming habits.  'Tis a bit alien to me.

It worked with Fallout, and seems like Larian is also cashing in on the Baldur's Gate reputation rather successfully...

Sales of the original games hardly matter when you have a cult classic and all you need is to be able to cash in on the name. 90% of the people buying the new game won't have played, and won't ever play, the originals anyway, so the fact that they resemble their predecessors about as well as Star Trek resembles Star Wars is entirely lost on them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Maybe they are turning it into a MOBA because someone thought online games are the future and will make them rich.

Well, it's Paradox, they need to work in atleast 50 DLC or it'll stain their image.

• Hmmm 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Well, it's Paradox, they need to work in atleast 50 DLC or it'll stain their image.

50? Are they scaling back?

• Haha 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

50? Are they scaling back?

Oh, no, it's just for the first year season pass. The others and their numbers are to follow.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Bloodlines 2 development has been a mess, but these last few months... wow.

They hyped, then fired Mitsoda (no idea if he deserved it, but if he did, then it was their mistake to hype him), then to add insult to injury, they hired a Mass Effect: Andromeda writer Samantha Wallschlaeger to be the new lead writer.

So glad Obsidian doesn't work with Paradox anymore, Paradox sounds horribly confused about how to make a game, or at least an RPG.

16 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

didn't the first game plan to have a multiplayer part that get canceled?

whoever funding games seems to have very predictable way of thinking

The multi-player one was when CCP bought White Wolf. They spent x amount of years developing it, had started to hype it....  And then Eve Online suddenly stopped making as much money, and since that was the focus of CCP, they pulled a lot of resources out of the Vampire development back to Eve. Then cancelled the game. Then Paradox managed to get White Wolf. And now we have the wait on Bloodlines 2.....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."