Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

ktchong

I guess this has to do with the games delay?

Honestly, I'm really not hyped for the game now. Looks like a miracle has to happen for me to check it out on release.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

10 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Anyone know how to cancel a pre-order on GOG?

To cancel a preorder, go to the link below: 
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=orders 

Then, fill the fields (e-mail address, subject, description), select "preorder cancellation" as the Problem type, submit it and you'll just have to wait till GOG Support gets back at you.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Anyone know how to cancel a pre-order on GOG?

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=orders&product=gog

Select "preorder cancellation" (the lack of capitalization there bothers me)

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hopefully, the still winds up being good, but this latest bit of news doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I was always more excited for the upcoming VtM: Swansong from Big Bad Wolf. I've not heard anything about it since the initial announcement, though.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I'm actually considering cancelling my pre-order now. If it's good then I can always pick it up down the road on a steep sale.

Yeah. Mitsoda's involvement was a significant contributor to my hype level. If he's out, then I'll probably wait.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Guess I'm fortunate in not ever being very tempted to preorder. Project sounds like a bit of a disaster at this point. Most interesting thing from Mitsoda's statement was that he was fired a month before the organisational changes were announced but only made a statement today. In some ways it's completely unsurprising, Paradox's history outside its core competency of strategy games has almost never- Cities: Skylines being the obvious exception- been a successful one, either because the games were rubbish, didn't sell or because their relationship broke down with the developers (eg Mount&Blade).

It wasn't necessarily a 'bad' decision to fire Mitsoda. Sometimes writers write too much stuff, or stuff that cannot be easily implemented- see MCA and Dying Light 2 for an example. There is such a thing as being too enthusiastic about a project. I doubt that's the case here though. One of the persistent factors in Paradox's awful external performance has been dreadful production oversight; if Brian were writing far too much or tinkering or whatever Paradox should have stopped it ages ago. They're just not very good at all at external productions. Who knows, maybe the new Paradox CEO wants to go back to his roots and make it a free-to-play phone game.

I think I've officially reached to point where I'm looking forward to Bloodlines 2 for the sake of seeing how much of a dumpster fire it'll be. 
Hopefully-maybe it won't but ehh, my backlog is large enough and there's enough games to look forward to that I don't have to hypnotize myself into looking prematurely loving it.

Lol, they get to use Mitsoda's writing while hiring a bland Ass Creed designer to smooth the edges. Paradox should've hired the latter to start with, given their preferred style of soulless assembly line gaming. Disgusting. Maybe if Paradox didn't waste resources in useless additions like building scaling that nobody asked for, then maybe the game would be already released and Mitsoda would be busy writing additional content. 

There's at least some evidence that there were narrative issues too and it isn't just incompetence from everyone else.

This in particular ("..and to my knowledge, there were no delays caused by the Bloodlines 2 narrative development.") triggered a slight twinge since they had already stated during the recent MCA kerfuffle that all MCA's content had been superceded/ removed even prior to that controversy. That's not too surprising given 5 years of development, but there clearly has been quite a lot of narrative revision going on if it had all been removed and would not have been taken lightly given MCA was a big name for the story to hang on.

Though that could, of course, be due to tinkering with other aspects influencing/ requiring narrative changes.

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Why? Took me all of 15 minutes to get my money back

Same. Always happy to show support for projects or studios that I care about.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

4 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

There's at least some evidence that there were narrative issues too and it isn't just incompetence from everyone else.

This in particular ("..and to my knowledge, there were no delays caused by the Bloodlines 2 narrative development.") triggered a slight twinge since they had already stated during the recent MCA kerfuffle that all MCA's content had been superceded/ removed even prior to that controversy. That's not too surprising given 5 years of development, but there clearly has been quite a lot of narrative revision going on if it had all been removed and would not have been taken lightly given MCA was a big name for the story to hang on.

Though that could, of course, be due to tinkering with other aspects influencing/ requiring narrative changes.

Who knows? Mitsoda writes a lot of dialogue - said there are even more characters in this sequel. Maybe the team was too small or most likely poorly managed to support a huge, story branching RPG. Anyway, the whole thing makes me kind of sick. Feel bad for Brian and the fans that waited 17 years for this just to have it pulled out from under them at the last stage. Sickening.